Hello,

I have seen bluetooth ODB2 plug-ins, i was wondering if anyone out there could write an app that would work with these devices. I think it would be a HUGE benefit to the Playbook if there was a way to make these compatible. Just plug the bluetooth into the ODB2 port, run the app, and see your error codes right there on the playbook.

I'm sure it's probably not as simple as that, drivers for the odb2 and all, but just seeing if anyone out could do this. This is defiantly a app I would use often when messing my F250, as I'm sure others would to for very applications. This may also get the Playbook a new market in the auto industry.

If anyone knows of anything like currently please let me know.

Thanks.
    08-30-11 01:15 PM
    You are talking about Centrafuse plugin?
    08-30-11 01:20 PM
    08-30-11 01:31 PM
    Can't be done right now. They have some nice apps with Android, so perhaps when this big 2.0 update comes through, you can install on that.
    08-30-11 01:38 PM
    Can tell you from experience that it is not as good as it sounds. Once upon a time I had a version tied to my laptop, and after all of the issues with lugging my laptop around; forgetting where the cable was; trying to keep the laptop clean; etc.. I decided to get with the 21st century.

Get yourself an Actron AutoScanner, or equivalent, standalone OBDII reader. Gives you almost everything you would want, and costs about the same as buying a bluetooth OBD module.
    08-30-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD