Apologies if there is a thread like this, I couldnt find it.
    Over the last couple of weeks I have doubled and purchased the number of apps on my PB.
    I am loving the reviews on Crackberry which really cover new and older apps really well.
    I recently bought the alarm program Get Set Get Up which is well made and cheap.
    I bought Node Beats today and my four year old and I have had a blast on the tv with it through hdmi.
    Then there is Uno, Groovy Notes which I use for work, no more bulky diary, along with Book Reader for my ebooks and I also use Glicontrol which is an app for Diabetics.
    With the recent browser update too, I feel I am having a much more pleasant experience with my PB, now if Skype would only come I'd be pretty damned happy.
    Having Bridge remote has also worked wonders at work as I do the odd powerpoint which is so handy.
    In all I feel the number of quality apps in appworld are growing and cant wait for the coming months.
    05-05-12 12:31 AM
    Even I feel that there much better apps on PB now than there were few months back. Though still feel that there aren't many high quality free apps and even some of the paid apps leave much to be desired.
    elbo likes this.
    05-05-12 01:53 AM
    True about the free apps, but in the end the dvelopers that take the time to make good apps and charge a reasonable price, I am willing to buy.
    Free is fine, but I dont expect much, in fact, I havent found any free apps I use except for the Wiki, Facebook apps.
    I have Splashtop which I would never have purchased at its original price of about $14.99 but when it went on sale to $4.99 I took it.
    05-05-12 01:56 AM
    Talking about the free apps, I did find some good ones which I use quite frequently. One being Paintbook. And rest all are mostly games as I use my PB for gaming and browsing a lot!!
    05-05-12 02:13 AM
    Thanks for starting the thread.
    05-05-12 03:35 AM
    Apologies if there is a thread like this, I couldnt find it.
    Over the last couple of weeks I have doubled and purchased the number of apps on my PB.
    I am loving the reviews on Crackberry which really cover new and older apps really well.
    I recently bought the alarm program Get Set Get Up which is well made and cheap.
    I bought Node Beats today and my four year old and I have had a blast on the tv with it through hdmi.
    Then there is Uno, Groovy Notes which I use for work, no more bulky diary, along with Book Reader for my ebooks and I also use Glicontrol which is an app for Diabetics.
    With the recent browser update too, I feel I am having a much more pleasant experience with my PB, now if Skype would only come I'd be pretty damned happy.
    Having Bridge remote has also worked wonders at work as I do the odd powerpoint which is so handy.
    In all I feel the number of quality apps in appworld are growing and cant wait for the coming months.
    Ya your right...
    Which applications your using daily?
    05-05-12 09:07 AM
    I use Groovy Notes for work for meetings and reminders to call people.
    I use Get set get up (i think) the alarm app cos its half hour wake up thing suits the wake I get up.
    I have splashtop remote and on my mums laptop because i am always getting bugged.
    Now just bought Node music app and Uber Iris which are fun time wasters

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    05-13-12 08:23 PM
    True about the free apps, but in the end the dvelopers that take the time to make good apps and charge a reasonable price, I am willing to buy.
    I also don't mind paying for well built apps but I would not spend more than $.99 for an app on the Playbook that the person sitting next to me can get on the Kindle Fire for free...
    05-13-12 11:32 PM
    I also don't mind paying for well built apps but I would not spend more than $.99 for an app on the Playbook that the person sitting next to me can get on the Kindle Fire for free...
    I agree with you on that in some respects.
    Its a shame because the PB has a smaller user base we are in a sense "ripped off" with certain apps.
    And tbh I think Groovy Notes is the only app I have bought over $2.00, whereas most others I have waited to be on sale or bought because of their price.
    However I can see that RIM want to encourage developers to come to the PB to make some money, but it shouldnt be at the expense of the user.
    05-14-12 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD