i downloaded tapatalk from the app world. paid the 3.23. because it states now for blackberry. i'm thinking its an actual BB app. NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its the same app i got for FREE from the android player market. :l
    02-07-12 07:32 PM
    Oops dont feel bad I already bought it but it was from crackberry therefore I will never get a upgrade until I buy it AGAIN in appworld.
    02-07-12 08:54 PM
    You shouldn't be surprised that the app's author would try to monetize their app in App World. One of the big problems with the Android market is that there is a sort of wild-west culture that actually promotes piracy and makes it quite difficult to make money unless your app is ad supported. RIM protects developers from this unfriendly atmosphere. This support, which is totally lacking in the Android marketplace, is a major reason why developers prefer App World.

In several posts, I have expressed my opinion that the conversion of even free Android apps to PlayBook format is a technical (but very real) violation to the copyright owners privileges, unless of course, the author has consented to the conversion and redistribution of his product. Some would say this act is a form of privacy so you should not expect the real author to honour a pricing decision made on his behalf.
    Thunderbuck and KermEd like this.
    02-07-12 11:08 PM
    You shouldn't be surprised that the app's author would try to monetize their app in App World. One of the big problems with the Android market is that there is a sort of wild-west culture that actually promotes piracy and makes it quite difficult to make money unless your app is ad supported. RIM protects developers from this unfriendly atmosphere. This support, which is totally lacking in the Android marketplace, is a major reason why developers prefer App World.

In several posts, I have expressed my opinion that the conversion of even free Android apps to PlayBook format is a technical (but very real) violation to the copyright owners privileges, unless of course, the author has consented to the conversion and redistribution of his product. Some would say this act is a form of privacy so you should not expect the real author to honour a pricing decision made on his behalf.
    i really dont mind the $3 since its an app i use alot. what bothers me is that its advertised as a bb app not an android player app.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-07-12 11:19 PM

Well said!
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    02-07-12 11:31 PM
    i really dont mind the $3 since its an app i use alot. what bothers me is that its advertised as a bb app not an android player app.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    Just so we are on the same page let me reiterate that ALL apps available in App World are bone fide BB apps without exception. Some are adobe flash files that a packaged as PB apps and others are native apps written using c/c++ that are packaged as PB apps. The app that you purchased just happens to be sourced from an Android file and packaged as another kind of PB app.
    02-08-12 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD