There have been several posts about evernote and other apps that are not available yet, but has anyone used a good note app with a stylus? I tried Ideapad but was pretty unimpressed. I'm looking for something I can use in meetings.
    04-27-11 02:25 PM
    I have tried just about every single one of them and they are all pretty worthless IMO. I even started writing reviews on the app world; magically my one star review of one of them seems to have disappeared since this morning!!

Here are the ones I have downloaded / bought. They range from oh-hum to flat-out garbage. I don't want to sound unsupportive of Playbook app developers; after all, they will play a large role in making or breaking the playbook as a viable tablet if you ask me, but compared to the similarly priced note taking apps I tried on iPad when I had one, these are nothing short of pathetic. There is nothing in the list below that comes close to iOS' Penultimate, believe me!
    - Scratchpad
    - Sketch On
    - Skit
    - Sketch Book
    - ArtPad
    - Scroodle
    - Audrey Draw
    04-27-11 03:05 PM
    I had never heard of penultimate until your post. Looking at the screenshots does make me want to take the PB back when compared to the ones being offered. Have to believe something similar will be out soon.
    04-27-11 03:16 PM
    what was great about penultimate was that you could create several 'notebooks' each containing as many pages as you wished.

you could reorganize page order within a notebook, duplicate pages (really useful if you created a page template you wanted to reuse over and over again) and you could even email yourself your notebooks as PDFs. seriously, out of all the note taking apps I tried / bought on iPad, that was by far the best. just seeing it convinced my boss to get it and buy a stylus (I use the griffin one).

when you consider that something as polished as penultimate cost 1.99, it really puts into perspective what another poster wrote in another thread: that the app world is filled with real amateur hour apps! and I agree 100%.

I love my playbook and I'm not returning it, but if we don't get PROFESSIONAL grade apps, I'll go back to Apple for my next tablet. I hated iOS and the iPad's low pixel density screen but the apps were there. the premium quality games were there. I know the playbook just came out but if the crap I tried out is a predictor of things to come, this tablet's in trouble
    04-27-11 04:03 PM
    unfortunately belsunce is right I've tried most of the ones said here and the are all pretty bad. surprisingly the best one i found to be the most intuitive and easiest to draw letters on is called tacticsboard. An app for designing plays. Personally i like the ice hockey background.
    04-27-11 04:48 PM
    little addendum: Skit is actually decent (it's also the most expensive). it has multipage support and you can create multiple notebooks.

I just found that it wasn't very responsive when jotting down notes, but it's definitely the most polished of the apps I tried.
    04-27-11 08:02 PM
    little addendum: Skit is actually decent (it's also the most expensive). it has multipage support and you can create multiple notebooks.

I just found that it wasn't very responsive when jotting down notes, but it's definitely the most polished of the apps I tried.
    i can't find that one in app world?
    04-27-11 10:19 PM
    Guys, hang in there... Im working on adding pen/stylus support to LinkNote (BlackBerry App World - LinkNote) but its still going to take a bit as I need to fix bugs resulting from differences from the older SDK/simulator and real device first and then finish pen support. RIM still has not send me test PlayBook and working on a borrowed unit is good but not ideal ;-)
    04-27-11 11:08 PM
    thanks for the heads up on skit, had the same problem finding it but looks like its gone for now. scroll to the bottom of this threadhttp://www.playbookboards.com/thread-340.html

keep us posted on linknote.
    04-28-11 04:02 AM
    looks like skit is back but not sure i want to pay 3.99 for it
    04-28-11 11:39 PM
    penultimate looks like exactly what I need. Too bad we don't have it. I'll have to check out skit.
    04-30-11 02:01 AM
    penultimate looks like exactly what I need. Too bad we don't have it. I'll have to check out skit.
    let us know how it is
    04-30-11 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD