I'm looking for an app that will allow simple note taking.

Not Evernote, necessarily, but just a document page that allows me to take easy to read notes (with simple formatting... like bulleted lists)

It needs to be able to save the notes and allow me to email a copy to myself.

I currently use my 9650 to take notes on the memo/notepad app that is built in. It is a bit too simple, so I have to do some work on it once I email it to myself.

I do not own a playbook, so I'm unaware of what is available. I'm assuming Docs-to-Go is there.
    08-26-11 06:30 AM
    Yes Docs To Go is preinstalled on PlayBook.
    For notes I am using EasyNotes, which have the function to send note by email - very handy.
    08-26-11 08:25 AM
    I have been looking for a plain ascii text app but have not stumbled on anything. I want to edit html files directly on the pb.
    08-26-11 09:54 AM
    Several of us are waiting for Evernote to come to the Playbook. This thread is being used to discuss it, especially now that the Native SDK is being released. Please go there to offer your .02:

Evernote User Forum • View topic - BlackBerry PlayBook
    08-26-11 11:00 AM
    I have been looking for a plain ascii text app but have not stumbled on anything. I want to edit html files directly on the pb.
    There is definitely a handy text editor I have seen mentioned here. If you search App World you will find it. I can't remember the name. I think it even has html and php syntax highlighting, but I could be wrong. I've seen people talk about using it for HTML and web development.. Search around in the Playbook Apps forum here for something about editing HTML and you'll probably find it..

UPDATE: Well, now that I'm hunting for it I'm not having any luck.. Maybe it was the text editor in LiteFTP? That certainly doesn't have any syntax highlighting. Air Browser also has a simple text editor built in. That might be your best bet..
    Last edited by Mojoski; 08-26-11 at 12:46 PM.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-26-11 12:22 PM
    Hi Mojoski,

Thank you for mentioning LiteFTP in the forum . Just for all playbook user, we actually have created one text editor apps called LitePad which is more advanced text editor than the text editor in our LiteFTP apps. Unfortunately the apps performance using Adobe Air SDK is not as smooth as we wanted. Especially when we enabled the syntax highlight, the performance really drop and the apps become little bit slow and sluggish. So currently we hold off the release of the product and wait for the native SDK instead.

Current LitePad version is used by us internally to update html or server side scripts in our playbook. Other features that it has is line numbering, its own file browser so you can organize your text file in folder instead using native playbook file browser which is limited to certain folder and show all file in one view only.

We still trying to figure out how to improve the performance or just wait for the OS 2.0 release and test back LitePad. Anyway i think the best way to do more quality apps with smooth performance is using native SDK. thanks
    09-04-11 08:16 AM
    Yobmedia:

I am still seeking a plain text editor like the one you mentioned even if it is not yet perfect. I want to edit the html files and/or just xxx.txt files I've placed on my pb.
    09-06-11 12:47 PM
    Hi F2,

Okay if have demands for it, we will released it. We will create a trial version this weeks and then send this apps to appworld for approval.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-11 01:26 PM
    Looking forward to seeing it. Whether I like it or not will depend on, well, whether I like it or not. There have been so many editors over the years for cpm, and dos and then all sorts of editors for windows including the very simple Notepad and all of its improvements.
    09-06-11 04:09 PM
    Just want to inform, we have released LitePad and it's available in appworld now.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/59702

It is a simple text editor which is useful to web programmer. We have been using this app internally for our own work and now we released for PlayBook user.

Thank you.
    Litt3 likes this.
    10-04-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD