Hey all,

9850/ 32gb Playbook owner here, I have a question to see what your opinion might be on the subject. I have an iPod touch so I get to use their cluster of apps in the iOS ecosystem and am wondering if the Dev Alpha product would be going out to app builders for banks, pizza companies, financials, etc. (I am hoping that representatives would be at BWC?). As we would all love Netflix, skype, and all those other big names, I would love to have a 5/3 banking app, Dominoes pizza app, Morningstar Stock watcher, Xfinity TV App, HBO Go(i know it works on PB browser now which is great), and a few others.

I hate having to use my iPod for these apps instead of my PB. Do you think these smaller not so talked about apps will be built in the next 3-5 months for OS10? I know its not the biggest concern compared to other apps, but I find i use the smaller apps more on my iPod.

Also, are those apps easier to build? I know nothing about app building so I am curious how difficult it would be. It seems with today's keynote speech they have released some app design programs that would make this easy.

Any insight or further discussion would be appreciated.
    05-01-12 01:23 PM
    it seems like you answered your question in your last sentence
    05-01-12 01:32 PM
    When those big names arrive at App World, those "small" would come alone... Nothing to worry about if you ask me.
    05-01-12 04:07 PM
    There are quite a few 'rim partners' that have the device already including wikitude marmalade and others... Ofcourse they cant say but ive seen and believe its out there already under nda
    05-01-12 04:17 PM
    @geigerat I wonder if the reason that the apps you've mentioned, and more, are not on the BB platform is because the companies have not been approached by RIM asking them to build them.

The answer could be that simple.
    05-01-12 05:35 PM
    Hey all,

9850/ 32gb Playbook owner here, I have a question to see what your opinion might be on the subject. I have an iPod touch so I get to use their cluster of apps in the iOS ecosystem and am wondering if the Dev Alpha product would be going out to app builders for banks, pizza companies, financials, etc. (I am hoping that representatives would be at BWC?). As we would all love Netflix, skype, and all those other big names, I would love to have a 5/3 banking app, Dominoes pizza app, Morningstar Stock watcher, Xfinity TV App, HBO Go(i know it works on PB browser now which is great), and a few others.

I hate having to use my iPod for these apps instead of my PB. Do you think these smaller not so talked about apps will be built in the next 3-5 months for OS10? I know its not the biggest concern compared to other apps, but I find i use the smaller apps more on my iPod.

Also, are those apps easier to build? I know nothing about app building so I am curious how difficult it would be. It seems with today's keynote speech they have released some app design programs that would make this easy.

Any insight or further discussion would be appreciated.
    I was at the keynote, yes imo it is easier. Rim is allowing developers to use a multiple. Different type of tools instead of only one or two in the other two platform. A quote from the keynote is.. 'dont let serge/tim decide how you achieve what you want and how you will do it' and alec empahsized how bb was the most open platform out there
    05-01-12 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD