thanks guys... cant wait!!
    01-18-12 05:48 PM
    Oh and please go ahead and get your hopes up now!!!
    sushistew likes this.
    01-18-12 07:45 PM
    Hopes are waaaaaay up!!!!!

Looks good man, just don't release it to soon and let it be buggy. Would rather wait for a fully working program then something that was half as*ed.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-18-12 07:54 PM
    Oh and please go ahead and get your hopes up now!!!

AKA=Sooner than "Summer" ?

pl0x say its so.
    01-18-12 09:07 PM
    please add support for Bluetooth joypads, would love to connect my 6axis to play haha
    01-19-12 11:50 AM
    All I can say is I've downloaded the handster Chrono Trigger soundtrack from app world, and suddenly have a strong urge to play that game again.

Am wondering though, can you press two buttons on the virtual joypad at exactly the same time? I ask because I know there is a spot in Chrono Trigger (first or second time you go to the future) where you need to press 2 buttons at the same time to open a door, and if the emulator doesn't support simultaneous button pressing, you can't get past that part.
    01-19-12 09:32 PM
    is this the one with super smash bros?
    01-20-12 12:35 AM
    All I can say is I've downloaded the handster Chrono Trigger soundtrack from app world, and suddenly have a strong urge to play that game again.

Am wondering though, can you press two buttons on the virtual joypad at exactly the same time? I ask because I know there is a spot in Chrono Trigger (first or second time you go to the future) where you need to press 2 buttons at the same time to open a door, and if the emulator doesn't support simultaneous button pressing, you can't get past that part.
    I believe its three buttons, is it not? LR + Y or something like that.

anyhow, you can press multiple buttons at once. I can play super mario world and run/jump with run being held. I can run away from fights in final fantasy by holding LR. I will play through chrono trigger and check if I have time.

HienPhan: You're thinking of Nintendo64. This is Super Nintendo.
    01-20-12 08:52 AM
    What chapter/level is this? I am only through the first one, I kinda suck at this game.
    01-20-12 10:21 AM
    It's after 600AD when you go to the future, I believe.
    01-20-12 10:32 AM
    i want this real bad... downloaded the nes emulator, but def. more games i want to play on snes...
    01-21-12 02:03 PM
    keep rocking the codeing guys, YOU CAN DO IT!!!
    01-21-12 09:11 PM
    So excited for this, if you need someone to test I'd be happy to, I'm on the 2.0 beta. You've probably got enough people, but hey, if you could use a tester I'd be game. :P
    01-25-12 10:20 AM
    Testers are not required but thank you.

The app has already been submitted to app world with an ETA of late this week or early next week(based on feedback I received from RIM).

One way or another this will be available to everyone next week.

And yes it will be free.
    01-25-12 11:43 AM
    Testers are not required but thank you.

The app has already been submitted to app world with an ETA of late this week or early next week(based on feedback I received from RIM).

One way or another this will be available to everyone next week.

And yes it will be free.
    That's cool. Oh sorry I meant, OH MY GOD THANK YOU.
    01-25-12 11:48 AM
    Yep, sorry for the wait everyone, but we wanted it as close to mint as possible.
    01-25-12 12:01 PM
    Awesome. This will be an awesome addition to appworld. Thanks for putting in the hard work.

You could prob get it on the front page of crackberry, and other blogs if you send them an email. Might even be able to get non blackberry specific ones to post a story on it.
    01-25-12 12:53 PM
    /waits with baited breath!!
    01-25-12 01:03 PM
    Yep, sorry for the wait everyone, but we wanted it as close to mint as possible.
    I'm sure the wait has been more than worth it

I can't wait to see it in App World!
    01-25-12 06:20 PM
    I believe its three buttons, is it not? LR + Y or something like that.

anyhow, you can press multiple buttons at once. I can play super mario world and run/jump with run being held. I can run away from fights in final fantasy by holding LR. I will play through chrono trigger and check if I have time.

HienPhan: You're thinking of Nintendo64. This is Super Nintendo.
    It is hold L and R and then press A and I confirm it is working!
    Concession likes this.
    01-25-12 07:01 PM
    Finally... now all I will need is a gba emulator
    THIS. times 100
    01-25-12 11:27 PM
    I'd love to see a DS emulator, seeing as we could use the touch screen input! Although I'm happy with SNES too! :P
    01-25-12 11:29 PM
    please add support for Bluetooth joypads, would love to connect my 6axis to play haha
    I think and HID supported controller would work, I don't what keys are mapped on them but if it is standard then the app could be easily updated to support this.

So for example this should work with little effort. iControlPad - Bluetooth gaming controls for your smartphone

Only the digital keys would work, the analog sticks would be useless.

The same should apply to the six axis controller.

EDIT:

I guess sixaxis would not work out of the box...I got this off the wiibrew wiki:

The SIXAXIS or Dual Shock 3 is the Play Station 3's main input device, however it can also be connected to a Wii or a PC, via USB and hopefully Bluetooth. It is both a wired and a wireless device, using USB HID or Bluetooth 2.0 HID. The SIXAXIS uses (and, frequently, abuses) the standard USB or Bluetooth HID protocol to communicate with the host, which is directly based upon the USB HID standard. As such, it will appear as a standard input device to any USB or Bluetooth host. However, the SIXAXIS will not transmit any data until a special HID feature report is read, but Windows HID functions do not allow that feature report to be read due to the incorrect HID descriptor. The HID descriptor also uses unusual axis assignments, which makes it less useful with standard HID drivers.
    Last edited by A7omic; 01-26-12 at 11:42 AM.
    01-26-12 10:59 AM
    This is awesome you guys, keep up the good work. Love the NES emulator and most likely the GBA emulator once i can get it working.
    zethaaron likes this.
    01-26-12 11:25 AM
    I think and HID supported controller would work, I don't what keys are mapped on them but if it is standard then the app could be easily updated to support this.

So for example this should work with little effort. iControlPad - Bluetooth gaming controls for your smartphone

Only the digital keys would work, the analog sticks would be useless.

The same should apply to the six axis controller.

EDIT:

I guess sixaxis would not work out of the box...I got this off the wiibrew wiki:

The SIXAXIS or Dual Shock 3 is the Play Station 3's main input device, however it can also be connected to a Wii or a PC, via USB and hopefully Bluetooth. It is both a wired and a wireless device, using USB HID or Bluetooth 2.0 HID. The SIXAXIS uses (and, frequently, abuses) the standard USB or Bluetooth HID protocol to communicate with the host, which is directly based upon the USB HID standard. As such, it will appear as a standard input device to any USB or Bluetooth host. However, the SIXAXIS will not transmit any data until a special HID feature report is read, but Windows HID functions do not allow that feature report to be read due to the incorrect HID descriptor. The HID descriptor also uses unusual axis assignments, which makes it less useful with standard HID drivers.
    Aww man thats some bad news, it would be awesome to have Dual Shock 3 support.
    01-26-12 01:46 PM
134 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD