thanks for this. i have been waiting for a snes emulator since i got the playbook. i had the best time with 16meg rpgs...final fantasy's, paladins quest, chrono trigger and so on and so on.
    01-08-12 06:53 PM
    I have put the project on github. Here is the wiki with basic build info.

https://github.com/a7omic/snes9x-pb/wiki/snes9x-pb
    01-10-12 06:13 AM
    Whoa! This looks great! Can't wait!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    01-10-12 08:29 AM
    I have put the project on github. Here is the wiki with basic build info.

https://github.com/a7omic/snes9x-pb/wiki/snes9x-pb
    Thank you. This works excellently. I will take a look at the code tonight and do some work.

Also: I will do up some graphics for it if you like. I am proficient in pixel art/flash/photoshop. I will make us some splashscreens and an icon. Let me know if you have any specific requests for them.
    A7omic and dablessing like this.
    01-10-12 10:14 AM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here is a basic splashscreen and icon, something to start with. I can make something more fancy later. Used the official snes9x logo.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 01-11-12 at 09:53 AM.
    01-11-12 09:27 AM
    wow! so excited for this. will this be on sale or will the bar be available for everyone?

thank you for everyone developing an app like this!
    01-11-12 11:16 AM
    This is an open source project, it will be available to everyone.
    01-12-12 08:20 AM
    BREAKING NEWS:

I have, after 14 long hours of trudging through the code (and becoming immensely intimate with it.. but that's another story,) have made a change that has the emulator running at ..

FULL SPEED!

I have sent the changes to A7omic, and will get it reproduced.

Proof:

Also tried Super Mario Kart, and Super Mario World at full speed!

EDIT: Looks like some compiler options were slowing down the emulator at runtime.

... now I am going to go play copious amounts of Star Wars: The Old Republic (and some Chrono Trigger!) to celebrate. Cheers.
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 01-12-12 at 11:34 PM.
    01-12-12 10:17 PM
    SWEEEEETTTTT

Wanderers From Y's...
    Legend Of Zelda A Link to the Past...

HERE I COME!
    01-13-12 09:15 AM
    BREAKING NEWS UPDATED:

I can confirm that the compiler options I had were the cause of the horrendous performance. I have updated my workspaces and I have built for both 1.x and 2.x. Both are just fantastic.

jtokarchuk and I are going make a few more changes and add some functionality before releasing but it is coming....SOON

Big thanks to jtokarchuk for his help so far and I look forward to his continued contribution.
    01-13-12 11:51 AM
    arghhhhh can't wait ETA please....
    01-14-12 03:14 AM
    By summer
    f1mx likes this.
    01-14-12 06:44 AM
    By summer
    You mean by summer 2015, right?
    meltbox360 likes this.
    01-14-12 08:40 AM
    i would totally drop 3-5$ on it
    01-14-12 11:15 AM
    Really looking forward to getting a shot of this!!! Genesis next?..
    01-15-12 03:34 PM
    you guys are going to be very rich when you get this up and running fully. dont forget to email CBK when you do so that he can post it on the main, i know he will, and you will get a bazillion hits!!!

quick question though: how are you doing the games? are they already incorporated in the app or do we have to download them from somewhere?
    01-15-12 04:38 PM
    Hey a7omic this uses sdl for drawing right? If it does pixel by pixel drawing and someone is familiar with plopping OpenGL code into sdl I'd be glad to write some code to see if it's any faster.

EDIT: Did not read your breakthrough but my offer still stands so if you feel it could be useful just tell me. Also wondering what compiler options you changed and if you compiled from command line or from the idle? Last question is did you frame rate limit or is it running full throttle?

I tried getting boost timers working but they aren't header only anymore and compiling boost with QCC is proving to be . Keeps spitting out dll's or .lib files or it just fails on a million things. I think for now I will have to use the native timers.

Noticed you are using some fps limiter sorry I had a durrrrr moment.
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 01-16-12 at 12:30 AM.
    01-15-12 11:39 PM
    you guys are going to be very rich when you get this up and running fully. dont forget to email CBK when you do so that he can post it on the main, i know he will, and you will get a bazillion hits!!!

quick question though: how are you doing the games? are they already incorporated in the app or do we have to download them from somewhere?
    They cannot sell snes9x I thought. Or is it zlib license? (can you even sell zlib? lol)

Search came up with lgpl so no cigar.
    Wait can you sell lgpl.
    I am terribly confused.....

Licensing is too fragmented xD
    Last edited by Meltbox360; 01-15-12 at 11:50 PM.
    01-15-12 11:40 PM
    Wikipedia:

"Although the source code of Snes9x is publicly available, the Snes9x license prohibits its commercial use."

Which is confirmed by the licence in the official repository at: https://github.com/snes9xgit/snes9x/...9x-license.txt

It says

"Permission to use, copy, modify and/or distribute Snes9x in both binary and source form, for non-commercial purposes, is hereby granted without fee, providing that this license information and copyright notice appear with all copies and any derived work."

With examples of commercial use given here:

"Snes9x is freeware for PERSONAL USE only. Commercial users should seek permission of the copyright holders first. Commercial use includes, but is not limited to, charging money for Snes9x or software derived from Snes9x, including Snes9x or derivatives in commercial game bundles, and/or using Snes9x as a promotion for your commercial product."

So basically, unless you can get permission from the many copyright holders, you cannot profit from their work.
    meltbox360 likes this.
    01-16-12 12:00 AM
    Unfortunate for them. Makes me all the more thankful that they are doing this for free. You guys are awesome.
    01-16-12 12:25 AM
    As this is a port of Snes9x, it is their license. We just want to provide useful and meaningful applications to the community!

I cannot speak for A7omic, but I have doubts that our contributions will end with snes9x, I plan to help with the other emulators, and also create meaningful applications that will help give the playbook a better app experience!
    01-16-12 12:40 AM
    As this is a port of Snes9x, it is their license. We just want to provide useful and meaningful applications to the community!

I cannot speak for A7omic, but I have doubts that our contributions will end with snes9x, I plan to help with the other emulators, and also create meaningful applications that will help give the playbook a better app experience!
    I wrote a chip8 emu just for the playbook but I have yet to complete it due to my inexperience with rendering user interfaces but I got the interpreter working flawlessly now. I plan to roll it out very soon. My biggest issue is not having boost libraries for easy cross platform timers. The first version will not have a rom chooser lol. I'm trying to build everything in opengl since I don't believe in software graphics :P. I originally said I would release it free and I changed my mind to sell for 99 cents but after seeing this I have decided it will definitely be free.
    01-16-12 01:11 AM
    Any ETA???????????
    01-18-12 03:28 PM
    Very Soon.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    01-18-12 03:41 PM
    Very Soon.
    I have had a couple nights that sleep was a second priority, and I'm sure so has A7omic
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    01-18-12 03:44 PM
134 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD