Is there a .bar file for a Nook Android App that I can sideload?

Thanks
    02-27-12 11:25 AM
    That would be sweet for those trying to dump their Nook ala the Kindle .bar
    02-29-12 10:34 AM
    the Nook app doesnt work.
    02-29-12 02:28 PM
    Where is this so-called Nook app?
    02-29-12 02:39 PM
    Nook does NOT work on Playbook, its because of the handlers they used for the app not being Java, which is essential to running on the PB
    02-29-12 04:53 PM
    Well, that was just poopie of them.
    Celandine likes this.
    02-29-12 04:59 PM
    One more reason to buy my ebooks from Kindle. I hate Amazon, but many of the books in my profession are only released on Kindle and Nook formats.
    03-01-12 07:46 AM
    The Kindle bar sideloads nicely.
    03-01-12 07:55 AM
    The Kindle bar sideloads nicely.

Yes, it does. I grabbed 6 free books this morning from Amazon and they work like a charm. Still, too bad about the Nook. That's a bummer.
    03-01-12 08:05 AM
    I have the latest Nook version running on my Dev Alpha, you guys are welcome to try on your PlayBooks. I've uploaded it here: http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/c3/81/5..._v1.0.22.0.bar
    12-17-12 12:50 AM
    I have the latest Nook version running on my Dev Alpha, you guys are welcome to try on your PlayBooks. I've uploaded it here: http://apk2bar.unker.net/bar/c3/81/5..._v1.0.22.0.bar
    I tried the build just before this: it installed, log in worked, the library worked, opening pdf worked but epub did not.
    12-17-12 07:58 AM
    I just sideloaded the Nook app from goodreader via the Chrome extension method. App works fine so far. I can access my library and just ordered a new book. Haven't begun reading via app as yet so can't say about other functions.
    12-23-12 06:05 PM
    i have the only known working version of nook for playbook on my site right now, its quite buggy but mostly works.
    12-23-12 10:12 PM
    Update. I used the bar file from kozmonaut. Get a force close message when trying to open a book.
    12-24-12 12:23 PM
    The only book I can open in nook is the National geographic, all the others give force close.
    12-24-12 12:58 PM
    WOWOWOW! works for Bloomberg Magazines (all functions except 'brightness') and force closes any epub which is fine for me since i use my simple touch for those...i think my touchpad is gonna gather dust! THANKS!
    03-17-13 03:19 AM
    Hi BB Addicts, me included.... I recently had a need to fire up my wife's Playbook I got her 2 years ago for BD. She's a 25 yr plus RN, and needs to study over one thousand subject questions in prep for recertification. Currently the hospital she's at is using Mosby's and was only after 12 hour days, having to stay in their IP control for login and practice study in prep. So I decided to see if I could ease the demand and profide her some relief by getting her PlayBook using 2.1.0.1526 os. After two days of battle search to find the tightly controled program, I found Barnes & Noble and Kobo Books to have some of the Mosby's exams. Problem, PB does not directly have a Nook App, Android does, so I went to Goodreader where they work hard to have Android to BAR files and Apps, and great video tutorials on all this for us Do-It-Yourselfers.
    Now I know I wrote out a lot, but I have reason, prior to this for about a week, and about a month ago, I spent at least 5 straight days, say on average 8-10 hours each day trying to both us Apps that Goodreader has as well as using DDPB and Goodle Chrome Extension, to get my Z10 to operate an App that did what DriveSafe.ly had done in the past for us BB users with OS7 and down. With No exaggeration I must have converterd, downloaded Android bar apps for the Z10. Not One, Not One, would do what they were designed to do on an Android Phone.
    Now I say all this and a bit more cautious this time, pulled out the Playbook put in about 4 hours trying to do the same thing, except for just One App. Nook to Bar provided by Goodreader. Followed their recommendation to not use DDPB, used Chrome Extension. All loaded just fine, the Nook App opened in th Playbook, I was getting excited that maybe just maybe I have One App to Bar that will work. Just one.
    Nope, go to get a book or whatever, I get, "stopped unexpectedly (process bn.reader), please try again. Force Close". So I have given up on Any Android App to Bar that will work, for me.. Is there something I do not understand, as these converted Apps, will sideload fine, most of the programs I did on the Z10, open.. But that is it, some lock up the device, or give me an error message.
    So after now having about 70 hours of downloading, uploading, converting, sideloading, opening and failure with every one of more than fifty apps of the same category. Good news is that I can do the sideload blindfolded in my sleep.
    Can anyone tell me what possibly I'm doing wrong, or more so, what I'm not doing or leaving out, for all thes attempts for not one App to Properly Work?
    After the prior post on this, I see that I'm not alone about the PB and Nook? PKcable said he got Kindle to work, so I will try this. I did go out and just bought a Nook reader $79 at Wally's and they have Kindle normally $79 on clearance for $30. It's just so sad that BB could not get the edge on these different formats of ebook files and have PB read whatever crossover capable. I think we would have seen everyone with PB, instead of having iP, and Kindle's and Nook's etc. Reason I say that using me as example. I could only find Mosby's at Barnes&Noble mostly in Ebook form, PB can't read it. Kobo, has very limited, and when I downloaded one of the ebookd, PB struggled with it and some of the ebooks parts, pages and info is missing or not complete.
    So if anyone can shed some light on my dilemma about this App failures, with both the Z and the PB, I would greatly appreciate it.

Enjoy,
    Ric
    twitwer likes this.
    07-28-13 03:34 PM
    Just wanted to pass a as after writing my short comings with success of converted Android App to PB and my Z, I just had my first success with the PB , Thanks to this threaded subject with the Kindle app I downloaded from Goodreader, (Kindle app for ebook reading from Amazon.. Thanks Works Great.

Enjoy
    Ric
    ps. now if I could only get the Nook to work ???? any ideas??
    07-28-13 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD