Crazy issue.

I got a new 9860 (vs my old bold) and it has the latest bridge 1.6.0.5. When opening the normal browser on the PB, I get "your blackberry smartphone is unable to establish a connection to the destination server". Facebook lists as "you are not connected to the internet"

Bridge browser, and bridge apps works.

This used to work for me before (on my old phone) It appears there was some concern that 1.6.0.5 would do this, but that appears incorrect?

I am on a BES, but as one of the BES admins, I know we did not make any changes...

We rolled a PB to a VP with an 1st gen Torch today and she is having the same issue (I rarely see this because there is wifi most everywhere).

I have reset my PB and my phone to no avail.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by terminal_x; 09-22-11 at 10:15 PM. Reason: change icon.
    09-22-11 07:02 PM
    See this post (#18) and the one right below it. The user was getting similar message as you. Work with the BES admin, remove from BES, and try bridging on just BIS (this will clear BB/PB bridge software as suspect) and then have them re-add you to BES.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6696076
    09-23-11 02:53 AM
    Well, removing it from policy did work. Adding back in broke it again.

So, I've opened a case with RIM support as to why our BES policy is breaking just that feature.

I will update this thread when we get it resolved.
    09-26-11 10:04 PM
    Hi All..

Rim found my issue (did I mention enterprise support was awesome??)

"Allow Other Browser Services" needs to be turned on...

-Henry
    09-29-11 10:11 PM
    Hi All..

Rim found my issue (did I mention enterprise support was awesome??)

"Allow Other Browser Services" needs to be turned on...

-Henry
    Just for clarity: That's a setting on the phone? And if so, where do you set it?

Thanks.
    09-30-11 12:04 AM
    Just for clarity: That's a setting on the phone? And if so, where do you set it?

Thanks.
    It's actually a setting in the BES security policies. Your BB Admin should be able to set that.

Not a setting on the phone per say.
    10-02-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD