Nokia Maps - City and Country Maps - Driving Directions - Satellite Views - Routes
    If your looking for a free alternative to google maps on the playbook (last i checked it still has trouble working on the playbook) or the bing maps app (requires wifi or tethering), check out Nokia's web version of their robust maps app. It detects your GPS, facebook+twitter sharing, and also works with a bridge connection.
    TOphotog, supraking, KRol and 2 others like this.
    10-28-11 10:41 AM
    Web version looks very nice!
    10-28-11 10:49 AM
    Excellent find!! Thanks so much. It has traffic, public transportation, satellite view (newer than GoogleMaps!), favourites. Really appreciate this.
    10-28-11 12:28 PM
    Interesting - it changed to the mobile site.

But it's directions could be in need of help.

For an address it gets me to the freeway and then....

enter the motorway: follow the road for 13.5 miles
    Keep right and take the exit to: follow for 0.4 miles

Problem is it does not tell me which exit so I'd have to watch the odometer!
    10-28-11 12:46 PM
    Good find, the search still isn't as robust as Google (I search for "dominoes" [sic] and it took me somewhere in South Africa).
    10-28-11 03:35 PM
    You can save a part of the map for use offline. I wish it could cover larger areas though, but still a good feature
    10-28-11 10:44 PM
    Great tip on this site. Works great inside the Playbook's browser and I love the offline map feature... Just wish the offline map could be about factor of 4 larger...
    10-31-11 06:35 AM
    Great tip on this site. Works great inside the Playbook's browser and I love the offline map feature... Just wish the offline map could be about factor of 4 larger...
    I get a white screen initially and can only shows a map after I toggle between satellite and map view once or twice. GPS doesn't work at all. An OS2 problem perhaps? Does anyone else have this working with the beta?
    10-31-11 06:52 AM
    Just a white screen for me on OS2... even tried BuzzStarField's idea of switching between Maps and Satellite... no luck... deleting (the favorite)
    10-31-11 11:23 AM
    The Map loaded once for me (in Berlin or something though, im in US) and the GPS never locked on. Ever since, the map hasn't even loaded. I even ran Magellan in the background to lock the GPS and the Map (when it did work) never found me. Too bad. I am on beta OS 2 though.
    10-31-11 12:55 PM
    Pretty Good BUT:

Always starts on Berlin.
    Always have to set the measurements to miles.
    GPS has worked, but is shotty.

PROS:
    Clean layout / maps.
    Does a good job looking up businesses for me.
    Gave me good directions.

Hard to say if it's better than or equal to Bing Maps. So I just have them both on my home screen along with poynt; pretty good setup if I'm traveling.
    10-31-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD