Glad some Android developers are bringing some cool apps to the Playbook platform. Nodebeat is one such app and is a native port and don't mistake it to Android Runtime(JVM) port. Here is some cool work done by the developer and he deserves a lot of appreciation from Blackberry community. I hope people buy such apps and encourage developers to bring wonderful things to the Blackberry platform.

nodebeat beta ->

PlayBook add-on (ofxQNX) | Multigesture.net
    G-bone, tomkranz and Akuji_ism like this.
    04-27-12 01:31 AM
    looks like a pretty sweet program. anyone get the add-on working? would be nice for a simple howto
    04-27-12 05:44 AM
    I saw also the tweet... happy that developer did not simply ported from android.

For sure I will check it out and pretty sure buy it!
    04-27-12 06:10 AM
    Glad some Android developers are bringing some cool apps to the Playbook platform. Nodebeat is one such app and is a native port and don't mistake it to Android Runtime(JVM) port. Here is some cool work done by the developer and he deserves a lot of appreciation from Blackberry community. I hope people buy such apps and encourage developers to bring wonderful things to the Blackberry platform.

nodebeat beta ->

PlayBook add-on (ofxQNX) | Multigesture.net
    Can't find this on app world...looks cool and I want it!
    04-27-12 06:38 AM
    Can't find this on app world...looks cool and I want it!
    From a tweet by the developer it was only submitted yesterday, don't know how long approval is taking, but it should be there soon!

Gordon
    kozmo68 likes this.
    04-27-12 07:07 AM
    From a tweet by the developer it was only submitted yesterday, don't know how long approval is taking, but it should be there soon!

Gordon
    Approval turnaround seems to be about 2 business days these days.
    04-27-12 08:40 AM
    Hi all!

Thanks for the great and kind comments about NodeBeat!

We've been approved for release and it'll probably be on App World tomorrow. We'll post back here when it's available. If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks for the support!

-Seth
    NodeBeat Team
    04-27-12 11:31 AM
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know NodeBeat is now on BlackBerry App World! Buy NodeBeat - Download NodeBeat - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Thanks again for the support and hope you enjoy it!

-Seth
    NodeBeat Team
    04-28-12 01:16 PM
    Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know NodeBeat is now on BlackBerry App World! Buy NodeBeat - Download NodeBeat - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

Thanks again for the support and hope you enjoy it!

-Seth
    NodeBeat Team
    Just purchased, cool concept, I am enjoying. And it is only 99cents.
    Thanks
    seths likes this.
    04-28-12 01:55 PM
    WOW! incredible app. To tell you the truth im a hardcore MorphWiz fan so im kind of skeptic on other apps but yours is SO AMAZING. A good combo for my music projects! hope it keeps improving, very clean UI and very good performance! 5/5 Stars for sure.
    Last edited by iSin; 04-28-12 at 02:19 PM.
    seths likes this.
    04-28-12 02:15 PM
    Thanks manytone! We find people enjoy it more over time too since they learn more about the possibilities.

iSin, we love Morphwiz too and appreciate the kind words! You can even have both running at the same time - for example, have NodeBeat play some generated stuff in the background while playing Morphwiz over it!
    04-28-12 02:22 PM
    This app is very well done and a lot of fun; so many options to explore!

I did notice that a swipe from the top bezel did not bring up the menu, but brought up the keyboard.

Also, is there a way to snap the pitches to the vertical grid? I changed the scale to a straight major scale and the grid was not always consistent; some of the pitches were in-between the grid.

This app is amazing though; very unique and very responsive.
    You might want to consider adding some screen shots in App World so that NodeBeat can get featured.
    Thanks so much for bringing it to the PB.
    seths likes this.
    04-28-12 04:36 PM
    Just downloaded this. Really great! I am making sweet music!
    seths likes this.
    04-28-12 04:48 PM
    Thanks for the comments Dr.Deebs and robtanz!

We actually have screenshots, but they're pending approval. For some reason our previous ones were removed before release and the new ones haven't been approved yet.

Can you explain more about what you mean by vertical grid? The pitch itself is determined by the note selected and not by position on screen. The distance a note is from a generator determines the time in which it'll play. So, the background keyboard is actually independent of the notes in terms of what pitch will play.
    04-28-12 07:09 PM
    Thanks Seth, I think I figured it out. I was playing on the lines of the background piano (brainwashed by too much MorphWiz) instead of the middle of the piano keys

The more I use it the more I am loving it!

Is there a way to set up the nodes to use one waveform (sine), and then solo over it on the background piano with a different waveform (sawtooth)?

Thanks again.
    hpulley likes this.
    04-28-12 08:05 PM
    Ah right, Dr.Deebs. I get the same confusion when I play Morphwiz. I keep forgetting that the note is where the line is. Yeah, for NodeBeat it's more like a piano. So the middle (between the lines) is the 'key' (note). I'm glad you figured it out though.

Currently you can't change the keyboard and notes waveform independently, but that's something we're considering for the future.
    Last edited by seths; 04-29-12 at 12:42 PM.
    sf49ers and Dr.Deebs like this.
    04-28-12 11:23 PM
    It seems that we are now getting some serious music applications for the PB after all!
    First Caustic 2, now Nodebeat....

Awesome, bought it and love it
    seths likes this.
    04-29-12 04:35 AM
    I just bought this app, now this is the stuff RIM should be backing and pushing, this is a brilliant app and is only �1 everyone ive shown it to is really impressed and my kids love it, the sound quality is brilliant.

Thanks for bringing this app to my attention.
    seths likes this.
    04-29-12 08:09 AM
    NodeBeat works well with bridge remote too. I hooked the PB to the TV, sat on the couch, and set up all my sounds using a 9900. It worked great. You can even play the background piano (single notes or sweeps) using a touchscreen BB.
    No sound through the HDMI port though which is too bad.
    seths and Vorkosigan like this.
    04-29-12 08:21 PM
    I was a little afraid to download this app...i just know my kids will want my pb all the time now!

I love to experiment with it and i think the sleep timer is a really nice touch. Great job dev and Thank you!
    seths likes this.
    04-29-12 08:31 PM
    Yeah this app is superb! I bought this and morphwhiz without hesitation. Just sad to know that but both musical app won't pipe the audio through hdmi. Is there an explanation for that? Is it really impossible?
    seths likes this.
    04-29-12 09:12 PM
    Yeah, sound trough HDMI should be mandatory option for every app and game...
    04-30-12 04:07 AM
    ... Just sad to know that but both musical app won't pipe the audio through hdmi. Is there an explanation for that? Is it really impossible?
    It's not impossible, it's just not the default behavior or present in any sample code. I just got HDMI audio output working in Caustic so I'll push that out soon on my end. I'm willing to share my source with any audio app dev working with the native SDK if it can save them a few hours and get more apps supporting HDMI out.
    04-30-12 04:25 AM
    Thanks for all the kind words everyone and we're glad you're enjoying it!

CausticRej, we use the Native SDK and would love to get help with integrating audio over HDMI out.
    04-30-12 12:26 PM
    brought this today. Already hooked!!!! Devs, check my signature. I mean every word of it!
    04-30-12 02:13 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD