So now that this years' E3 has come and gone one of Microsoft's big announcements is this smart glass technology allowing "any mobile device or tablet you have" to integrate with the xbox 360. This is big news for gamers but when they mentioned "any tablet" they didn't mention the playbook. They only mentioned ios, android, and of course windows platforms. Is this a sign of things to come? Will developers simply look the other way when it comes to playbook?
    Will someone in these forums find a way to make the playbook work with other devices?...I own an xbox and part of their selling point of Smart Glass was "you don't need to buy a separate device or tablet." I guess you do if you own a playbook or blackberry for that matter.
    06-16-12 01:39 AM
    PlayBook is not a tool for tots I guess.
    06-16-12 05:18 AM
    Well Smart Glass isn't JUST for games. When watching a movie, info and certain features will appear on your tablet. You can use it to scroll through menus on your tv. You can start to watch a movie on your tablet and "send" it to your tv if you'd like...that's just a few of the many early features of having Smart Glass on your tablet...just a little disappointed that the playbook and blackberries seem to have been ignored.
    06-16-12 06:39 AM
    Playbook simply doesn't have the market share right now to warrant it. Perhaps after BB10 phones hit and if they gain traction we'll see Smart Glass for it, until then there's just no point for Microsoft to make a version for the Playbook.
    06-16-12 08:46 AM
    Because the current PlayBook doesn't have DLNA. Who knows when the 4g PlayBook will arrived or will it support that technology. How can you support a product that doesn't exist?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    06-16-12 09:53 AM
    always you can side loaded i think
    06-20-12 12:53 PM
    always you can side loaded i think
    Sorry not all sideloaded apps work. Why is it called smart glass when it has nothing to do with glass? Sounds like it's a new glass screen.
    06-20-12 01:00 PM
    So now that this years' E3 has come and gone one of Microsoft's big announcements is this smart glass technology allowing "any mobile device or tablet you have" to integrate with the xbox 360. This is big news for gamers but when they mentioned "any tablet" they didn't mention the playbook. They only mentioned ios, android, and of course windows platforms. Is this a sign of things to come? Will developers simply look the other way when it comes to playbook?
    Will someone in these forums find a way to make the playbook work with other devices?...I own an xbox and part of their selling point of Smart Glass was "you don't need to buy a separate device or tablet." I guess you do if you own a playbook or blackberry for that matter.
    As others have said, the Playbook is just not that important nor does the device have enough market share for MS, let alone a lot of other developers/companies, to warrant developing and supporting applications for. Engadget, during the initial E3 press release regarding Smartglass, mentioned this during their blogging session.

Maybe something will change in the future, but so far, everything that has been posted by MS regarding SmartGlass clearly indicates that the Playbook will not be supported at all.

I'm like you, I own an Xbox and was hopeful that the Playbook would be included in it as I liked what I saw during the E3 conference - but at this point, I think it's highly unlikely that we will ever see it on our tablet.
    06-20-12 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD