No Skype is the only thing holding me back. I cannot believe that every device can use Skype but Blackberry. If Blackberry is making their own video chat app it had better connect with Skype. I just got my 3rd Blackberry phone but I was very tempted to go with an Android device just to use Skype.
    04-19-11 03:29 PM
    there IS skype so now go on your word and BUY!
    04-19-11 03:55 PM
    there IS skype so now go on your word and BUY!
    I don't see the Skype App in App World yet - am I missing something?
    04-19-11 04:03 PM
    I was on the Playbook in Best Buy and went to App World and no Skype. Has this changed in the last few hours?
    04-19-11 04:04 PM
    No Skype is the only thing holding me back. I cannot believe that every device can use Skype but Blackberry. If Blackberry is making their own video chat app it had better connect with Skype. I just got my 3rd Blackberry phone but I was very tempted to go with an Android device just to use Skype.
    There is SKYPE for the BlackBerry, Verizon just has royalties so it is unavailable to other carriers for BB handsets. It has been suggested on CB recently that the people at Skype are waiting to see if any carriers want to enter into a licensing agreement for the PB Skype app before they release it for the platform as a whole. Hopefully not, it would be awesome to have it on all Playbooks.
    04-19-11 05:03 PM
    There is SKYPE for the BlackBerry, Verizon just has royalties so it is unavailable to other carriers for BB handsets. It has been suggested on CB recently that the people at Skype are waiting to see if any carriers want to enter into a licensing agreement for the PB Skype app before they release it for the platform as a whole. Hopefully not, it would be awesome to have it on all Playbooks.
    There is no Skype App for the Blackberry (Rogers Customer) - it is not on the App World. One should be eventually coming out - lord knows how long its going to be for that to show up.
    04-19-11 07:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD