Ok, first of all, I know the title sounds a bit aggressive.
    Second, I did search before I post this new thread, but nothing clearly shows whose fault it is that we can't import epub to read on Kobo app.
    I have a GTab 7 and PlayBook, and use Kobo on both. And then I got this epub files that I want to import. I able to do this on my GTab and not on PlayBook.
    Ok, to be a good user, I didn't complain first and posting here bashing Kobo or RIM, but I did what I should do, send email to Kobo.
    And here is the summary:
    Device Type:Blackberry Tablet (BBQ)

Hi.
    I've been using Kobo for quite some time.
    From Galaxy Tab 7 and now my BlackBerry PlayBook.
    My question is:
    Why there is no options to import books from PlayBook storage? While I do able to do this on my Galaxy Tab 7.
    Please add this support on PlayBook.

Thank You.
    And here is the reply:
    Response Via Email (Christopher T)04/09/2012 02:26 PM
    Hi ,
    Thank you for contacting Kobo customer Care.

They are two different devices, if you would like the support feature added please contact RIM and ask that they add this feature.

If you have further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us again.
    Sincerely,
    The Kobo Team
    So my point of this thread is, should I contact RIM? (which I will do).
    And also want to ask, do you guys wanted the same as I do?
    I means, I know sideloaded Android version of Kobo app able to import books from Download folder. But if we rely too much on sideloading apps, I don't think it's a good sign.
    Sorry if my post has no points or whatsoever.

Cheers.
    04-10-12 01:58 AM
    Yeah it sucks that we can't sideload books on Kobo, i was very mad about this when i got my PlayBook almost a year ago, fortunately the dev comunity came up with some alternative apps and now im really happy with Book Reader, do i want sideloading to be available on Kobo? yes, but mostly out of principle, this feature should have been from day 1, and the lack of support or care for the app is embarrasing, same thing with the Adobe reader app.
    04-10-12 10:03 AM
    This side loading problem is mainly Kobo's problem. If you have the Kobo Reader program on your computer, it will only read books bought from Kobo. It will not read any other book that you get from another source. The app acts the same way. The solution as PanaSama mentioned is buy the Apps - "Book Reader" for $0.99. It is actually pretty good for reading any epub book. Be happy that you can read Kobo Books on your Playbook.
    04-10-12 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD