The GPS isnt working in apps like Path, Foursquare, or Twitter. It cannot find the location on my Playbook!! RIM really needs to Fix This!
    03-17-12 08:19 PM
    The GPS isnt working in apps like Path, Foursquare, or Twitter. It cannot find the location on my Playbook!! RIM really needs to Fix This!
    There is definitely GPS on the PlayBook and it is fully supported in the Android Player. I don't know what RIM could do to fix the problem since none of the apps that you mentioned are authored by RIM. If they are sideloaded apps, you may get more information in the "Sideloading" subforum. Good luck.
    03-17-12 08:45 PM
    GPS completely workable on playbook. I use sideloaded Googlemaps all the time. since the playbook only has GPS, not a-GPS (using cell tower to assist with triangulation) getting a location does take quite some time when compared to phones, and you need to be outdoors to get a satelite lock.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-17-12 10:08 PM
    The only GPS-using Android app I've tried is Maps(-). While the rest of the app seems perfectly fine, the GPS portion was flaky at best, and non-responsive most of the time.

In parallel, I was running my own little GPS tracker, written in AIR. It worked without problems the whole time.

I conclude that perhaps the Android GPS support needs work, or that this particular app needs work. If the Path/Foursquare/Twitter results are similar, that may be pointing to Android. Anyone else have input, preferably more detailed than just "it doesn't work" (since it did, sometimes, in the Maps(-) app, so clearly "doesn't work" is an insufficiently precise summary of the situation).
    03-17-12 10:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD