Why do people get upset when others post their opinions of the Playbook? I find this is typical on CrackBerry forums.. It's as if only positive experiences are allowed and the negative ones are not..

I think if someone buys a product and is dissatisfied with it, It's only natural for one to share their experiences..
    02-24-12 08:31 PM
    Just called netflix (Canada).
    The rep told me that he has seen it on playbook, and 'select playbooks currently have it running for testing purposes'.
    Just not ready for mainstream yet but very very soon he said.
    So we expect apologies all around when the Netflix app does eventually appear. We would also like those who canceled their subscriptions over a simple tweet to publicly admit they renewed their membership. That way the level headed fellows can be sorted out.

Playbookjoe - thanks for the post.
    02-25-12 08:19 AM
    Well that's it. I've waited patiently for OS 2.0 and I've tried to find workarounds to so many of the things I can do so easily on my iOS devices, but this is really the last straw for me... Snipped the rant
    Wow. This post has really opened my eyes. I was so blind until I read this. We're all ditching our Playbooks and buying an ipad. Who's with me? So thankful to the noob for his inspirational message.
    AlienSlacker likes this.
    02-25-12 08:26 AM
    Too many discrepancies here, tweet said no support calls say yes its already here. At thisbooint I'm readyvfor an alternate
    02-25-12 08:37 AM
    Funny! I talked to a Netflix rep just the other day and he told me a Netflix app was in development and should be out within a month!
    02-25-12 09:18 AM
    I think if someone buys a product and is dissatisfied with it, It's only natural for one to share their experiences..
    If I buy a product and find that I'm dissatisfied with it then I simply move on. That is what is natural to me. I guess that is the difference between complainers and those of us based in reality.
    02-25-12 10:05 AM
    Well that's it. I've waited patiently for OS 2.0 and I've tried to find workarounds to so many of the things I can do so easily on my iOS devices, but this is really the last straw for me. I'll admit, for $200 the hardware is impressive (except the power button) but, the software is lacking. without Hulu or Netflix or pandora or kindle or (etc) this platform is dying. There is nothing it can do better than iOS except its cheaper (and the sound. Good speakers.). I kinda wish I could have been around in rim's heyday and drank some of the koolaid...but I don't see what the deal is. "but it plays flash better than your iPad!" the only flash site I can think of is Hulu and it doesn't work. Took the PB to the pawnshop and they won't accept it. Told me to donate it to charity.

If all of the blackberry users cancel Netflix, I don't know what they'd do without those 37 people? (1 million playbook owners, assuming 90% cancel netfix to [cough] protest, they'll make it up on only 20% of new kindle owners. Or nook owners, vita users, roku owners, HTC owners, Samsung DVD players, smart tvs made by Sony, LG or others, windows phone users, TiVo owners or the MILLIONS of android and apple owners, not to mention using that old fashioned thing called a computer...all of this assumes of course that there are 1 million PB owners and that 90% subscribe to Netflix.)

I'm being hard here but apple alone sold 102 times as many iPads q4 2011. iPads alone. Not to mention iPods and iPhones (iPhone sold 133 times as many in q3 as PB in q4- not quite apples to apples but you get the picture) and Netflix plays on every single one of them. No wonder Netflix doesn't want to dabble in this arena. At the rate RIM has put out features on this thing (one year for email?) we'll see LTE by about 2015. I agree with an above poster: rim should have paid Netflix (and others) to get them on board. (RIM 150,000 q4, iPad 15.4 mil q4, iPhone 20.3 mil q3)

I brought this up in another thread but we've seen this kind of software/hardware marketing failure before. Sega Saturn anyone? Great hardware. Launched with 6 titles. PS one came into the marketplace ...and well... We still have the play stations don't we?
    Your missing some facts in your scenario. I will let you wipe the apple juice from your eyes so you can see it. You ready?

Your saying 90%, which would be 900000, wouldn't matter because that number is only 20% of the amount of Kindle owners? Do you realize what 900000 customers leaving would cost Netflix? They would lose 86.4 million a year. Are you telling me Netflix is that big that they could laugh off 86.4 million a year? Apple has stock piles of money and I'm pretty sure they would be concerned with a drop in sales that large.

Investors care a lot about a drop of 86.4 million a year.

After all of that, do I think the number is as high as 900000? No. But if a campaign is set up against them, they do need to know what the potential loses are. They need to know the size of the problem.

James
    erodenero likes this.
    02-25-12 10:19 AM
    Funny! I talked to a Netflix rep just the other day and he told me a Netflix app was in development and should be out within a month!
    someone needs to start recording these calls, why do we keep getting one story from pr and one story from everyone that calls customer service.
    wtf is going on dude!?
    netflix get your story straight already....

as for the people complaining about why they dont repackage the android version of the app.
    Think about this logically please...why would a company like netflix want to launch a repackaged version of their app? they want a native app for each platform. bear in mind it would help alot of people and stop their complaining but it would not be up to par with the other netflix apps on various platforms and then we'd have another 500 threads titled "why i hate the android netflix app for playbook." some of the android apps in app world work great, but if you were netflix wouldnt you want to take advantage of that sweet ndk that rim has rather than an android 2.3 runtime environment? just my 2c
    Last edited by erodenero; 02-25-12 at 10:23 AM.
    02-25-12 10:20 AM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Yup. I too have no current plans to give them any more cash either. Amazon Prime works awesome.
    +10000 lol
    02-25-12 10:21 AM
    Isn't this pathetic? Playbooks cannot play Netflix, but the discontinued HP Touchpad can run android ice cream sandwich and play netflix

watch this video.
    02-25-12 11:20 AM
    Netflix in Canada has a horrid selection anyhow, and I don't see how a Playbook version would be any better. Netflix cannot supply the same quality in Canada as they do in the States, so why would they bother with a Canadian tablet? I'm not holding my breath.
    02-25-12 11:24 AM
    Wow. This post has really opened my eyes. I was so blind until I read this. We're all ditching our Playbooks and buying an ipad. Who's with me? So thankful to the noob for his inspirational message.
    LOL!! Dammit ya beat me to the punch. That was going to be my sarcastic comment =)
    Syonoq and jcbrunson like this.
    02-25-12 02:29 PM
    Why do people get upset when others post their opinions of the Playbook? I find this is typical on CrackBerry forums.. It's as if only positive experiences are allowed and the negative ones are not..

The apple forums are the same. People become very attached to their brand loyalties and feel personally attacked when they are challenged. The people on this forum have the same snobbish attitude about apple users as the apple users have about blackberry users. It's all relative.

+1
    Your missing some facts in your scenario. I will let you wipe the apple juice from your eyes so you can see it. You ready?

Your saying 90%, which would be 900000, wouldn't matter because that number is only 20% of the amount of Kindle owners? Do you realize what 900000 customers leaving would cost Netflix? They would lose 86.4 million a year. Are you telling me Netflix is that big that they could laugh off 86.4 million a year? Apple has stock piles of money and I'm pretty sure they would be concerned with a drop in sales that large.

Investors care a lot about a drop of 86.4 million a year.

After all of that, do I think the number is as high as 900000? No. But if a campaign is set up against them, they do need to know what the potential loses are. They need to know the size of the problem.

James
    Thanks James,
    I was being sarcastic to some degree. Getting a feel for how many people own the playbook I got a feeling that many are Canadian. And reading further it seems that Netflix sucks more in Canada than it does here in the States. (And let's face it, it's not that great here so I can only imagine it's a close second to the NFB service.) So my comment was basically to be read as if there were actually a 90% playbook owner Netflix subscriber base and they all canceled nobody would notice.

I'm sure you're right, they would notice. But I don't think that there are that many Playbook/blackberry users of Netflix (like me) and if there were they wouldn't all cancel at the same time. A blackberry/Netflix revolt then, would be almost laughable. (A million Playbooks minus the Canadians who probably don't use it, minus the American and International Blackberry people that don't use it, it's probably less than a total of 90% of all Playbook owners. But I could be wrong. Every single owner of the Playbook might be a Netflix subscriber and they're all mad. But what I get from this forum is, they're not.)

BUT if all of you want to cancel at the same time to protest and they end up making an app for me (being the only one left with the device that is also a subscriber) I will be sure to post on here and thank you all for your hard work to get me the service. And I'll take back all of the untruths I've said about our beloved tablet. Agreed?

(And on the final point, I don't think Apple would notice an 84 million dollar loss. Netflix might, Rim might, but Apple made a net revenue of 108.2 billion in 2011. That would be a 0.00077634011091% drop in the bucket for them. Those greedy bastards.)
    02-25-12 03:39 PM
    Once again, if the Playbook's full web experience included Silverlight support, there would also be no need for an app in the first place....
    To be fair, afaik there's not a single "modern" tablet in existence that natively supports Silverlight, nor will there likely ever be even when Windows 8 gets released (at least under Metro - perhaps a desktop mode would work). So not something I'd put much onus on RIM for...
    02-25-12 04:36 PM
    To be fair, afaik there's not a single "modern" tablet in existence that natively supports Silverlight, nor will there likely ever be even when Windows 8 gets released (at least under Metro - perhaps a desktop mode would work). So not something I'd put much onus on RIM for...
    I like how you put modern in quotes but I would argue that Windows 7 Slates/Tablet PCS are modern tablets and they do indeed natively support Siverlight.

Just saying.
    02-25-12 05:10 PM
    Isn't this pathetic? Playbooks cannot play Netflix, but the discontinued HP Touchpad can run android ice cream sandwich and play netflix

watch this video.
    I had ICS running on my PB in beta.

and the TouchPad cannot do half of the things the PB can, so again... PB wins.

but thanks for your attempt at trolling, sorry for the kill
    02-25-12 07:41 PM
91 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD