first off
    i live in a place with few wifi facilities
    tried connectifypro and seventh gate on my win 7 laptop
    device connects to app world, shows apps but always disconnects
    I CAN LIVE WITH THAT......
    now the reason of this thread, i was told that i could get apps from app world WITHOUT wifi by connecting PB to pc with BB DM and going to BB app site

however after i connect the PB to pc and login to BB app world it shows my device PIN and says give device password which it promptly REJECTS...TRUST ME I HAVE TRIED MANY DOZEN TIMES EVEN GOING TO DISABLING ALL PWDS ON THE PB result same

so i search and come up with this GEM:

Article ID: KB26671
    Type: Support Content
    Last Modified: 03-21-2012

When attempting to download an application through BlackBerry App World� on the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet, the following error is encountered.

Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again.

Resolution
    Please complete the following steps to confirm the setup of the BlackBerry ID:

From a computer, go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore .
    In the upper right area of the BlackBerry App World site, click Sign In.
    At the sign in page, enter in the desired BlackBerry ID account information.
    Then continue with the account setup process.
    Complete steps 1 through 3 if required to do so.

Note: Step 2 of the BlackBerry App World setup process instructs to connect a BlackBerry� smartphone. Currently, a BlackBerry PlayBook is not compatible with the web setup process so an active BlackBerry smartphone will be required to complete this.

so if i have only PB but no BB phone i am ****ed
    is RIM mad or is this info wrong ??
    PS: I have a bb id which seems to work otherwise ??!!
    please help
    06-08-12 06:06 PM
    first off
    i live in a place with few wifi facilities
    tried connectifypro and seventh gate on my win 7 laptop
    device connects to app world, shows apps but always disconnects
    I CAN LIVE WITH THAT......
    now the reason of this thread, i was told that i could get apps from app world WITHOUT wifi by connecting PB to pc with BB DM and going to BB app site

however after i connect the PB to pc and login to BB app world it shows my device PIN and says give device password which it promptly REJECTS...TRUST ME I HAVE TRIED MANY DOZEN TIMES EVEN GOING TO DISABLING ALL PWDS ON THE PB result same

so i search and come up with this GEM:

Article ID: KB26671
    Type: Support Content
    Last Modified: 03-21-2012

When attempting to download an application through BlackBerry App World™ on the BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet, the following error is encountered.

Install Error: There was a problem during installation. Please try again.

Resolution
    Please complete the following steps to confirm the setup of the BlackBerry ID:

From a computer, go to appworld.blackberry.com/webstore .
    In the upper right area of the BlackBerry App World site, click Sign In.
    At the sign in page, enter in the desired BlackBerry ID account information.
    Then continue with the account setup process.
    Complete steps 1 through 3 if required to do so.

Note: Step 2 of the BlackBerry App World setup process instructs to connect a BlackBerry� smartphone. Currently, a BlackBerry PlayBook is not compatible with the web setup process so an active BlackBerry smartphone will be required to complete this.

so if i have only PB but no BB phone i am ****ed
    is RIM mad or is this info wrong ??
    PS: I have a bb id which seems to work otherwise ??!!
    please help
    1. Your information is wrong about being able to download PlayBook apps via Desktop Manager. OTA installations are not supported by your PlayBook
    2. In order to access App World from your PlayBook, You need to be connected to the Internet using WiFi. There is no way around this. You can use a smart phone to connect provided your phone can be configured as a WiFi hot spot. If your Connectify connection to your PC/laptop is recognized by your PlayBook as a WiFi connection, and you can get it to stop disconnecting, you are also good to go. If not, you are out of luck.
    3. You can set up your BlackBerry ID completely from your PC and also update your payment options whether it be PayPal, Credit Card or whatever. You do not need a BB smart phone to do this. When you activate your PlayBook, you specify your BBID and the installation process takes care of registering your PlayBook's PIN. I assume you have already activated your PB so this has already been done. The only thing you need to do is update your payment options online.
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 06-08-12 at 08:06 PM.
    06-08-12 08:02 PM
    I just use FileCrop - Search and Download Rapidshare Mediafire and Hotfile Files to get apps ... Just fill in you [APP] + [.bar] and hit search
    06-09-12 02:20 AM
    I had the same password request problem, but have never set up a password at all.

Anyway around this?
    06-09-12 05:46 AM
    Well as OP requested, I went back here.
    Sorry I can only confirm that you cannot buy/install AppWorld app using web browsing method for the PB. I wonder if it has been available before (OS 1.xx) as it seems that I stated this option available before. Sorry then.
    06-09-12 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD