Has anyone had any luck getting this to work with streaming video. I have a subscription to NHL live but it appears that location services don't function when this is run on playbook. Any tips or tweaks to allow it to run?
    03-07-12 02:12 PM
    If you are talking about the NHL Gamecenter Live website, Carolina Hurricanes at Buffalo Sabres Game GameCenterLive - 03/07/2012, I have been able to stream games using it since before OS2.

Didn't have to do anything different or special to get it to work, just log in and cheer for the Flames!
    03-07-12 03:05 PM
    As suggested above, go to the actual website. The sideloaded Android app isn't necessary. Welcome to the world of the Playbook.
    03-07-12 03:47 PM
    but the andriod app is so much cooler it just takes a while to load up. like a long while.
    03-07-12 05:38 PM
    but the andriod app is so much cooler it just takes a while to load up. like a long while.
    You can actually get videos to play with the sideloaded android version?
    03-07-12 06:53 PM
    I have a question for all of you with NHL game center.

How is the quality of the video when viewed in full screen ? Could someone take a few screen shots when it's full and not full ?

Thanks
    03-07-12 08:17 PM
    i have not tried but i know its possible (i read it where i got the file from - it was a playbook site not an andriod site). I also read video service is not avaliable for Canadians... so if you are in Canada thats just too bad.
    03-07-12 08:25 PM
    ^^ NHL game Center not avaliable for Canadians ? You hear wrong.

You may have got that mixed up with regional blackouts. I know lots of people that have NHL Game Center for PC and it works fine. They do however blackout your local team in any market.
    03-07-12 08:30 PM
    I stream to my iPhone all the time here in Canada. Was hoping to use the playbook so I can view on a bigger screen. Couldn't get it to work. I'll try the website as suggested.
    03-07-12 10:50 PM
    Oh yeah, Go Jets!!!!!!
    03-07-12 10:56 PM
    NHL.com plus Micro USB out = HD hockey on TV without using laggy PS3 app.
    03-07-12 11:06 PM
    Works for me with no problems.

Only real problem I have is way do I have to log in. To the actual url instead of having the App. It is not that I have to actually log into the site it is more the fact of the matter that RIM is the sponsor of the NHL yet they don't have a short cut/app nor do they offer any thing special showing they are the sponsor.

I do not see them getting the app so I will still log in using the url and enjoy some hard hitting hockey!
    03-08-12 03:04 AM
    So.................... anyone take a screen shot ? I'd love to see the quality. I tried loading a highlight video from the NHL website and it lagged like crazy. Does the live feed lag ?
    03-08-12 10:19 PM
    I'll take a screen shot with tonights game against Calgary. Watched the Jets-Canucks game while at work connected to iPhone wifi hotspot and video quality was good. The odd lag and because i'm in a large building the 3G signal to my phone sometimes isn't the greatest so the video quality would occasionally drop and become more pixellated but overall it was nice and clear.
    03-09-12 10:09 AM
    03-09-12 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD