I find it funny that RIM sponsors different segments on tv for NHL but yet the app is not available on any BlackBerry device, it is not even on the Playbook U would think with that PlayBook promo by NHL players who used the PB to chronicle their daily events, that they would allow the PB to have the app so those players could watch highlights!

Now I know that you can go to the site on PB and watch through there but that is a hassle. and I know you can listen to all NHL radio feeds through Tunein Radio(all sports too) with no blackouts and for free but it would be nice to have it all in one app!
    vgwillm likes this.
    02-20-12 02:39 AM
    Yes it would but be careful what you ask for or say on this forum because some of these people will rip into you for asking a question. I agree that it makes no sense to sponsor the NHL and have no app for it. I love PB but it has no app to CFL, NFL, MLB, NHL, or NBA. The few sport apps we have are weak.
    02-20-12 04:48 AM
    Why do you need an application? Just use the website. Goto the login page, and bookmark it. Done. Thats what I do.
    M.Rizk likes this.
    02-20-12 06:47 AM
    Why do you need an application? Just use the website. Goto the login page, and bookmark it. Done. Thats what I do.
    Additional Steps:
    Add Bookmark to homescreen.
    You've got an app.

RicZoh likes this.
    02-20-12 06:56 AM
    Blame the Apple "There's an app for that" marketing. People are such sheep and can't think for themselves that they need everything dumbed down to an app. There is a CFL app by the way......

You want the app, get an iPad. Website works fine here.......
    RicZoh likes this.
    02-20-12 06:57 AM
    I just use the all-in-one solution, Scoremobile for all the general info. I use the leagues full website for detailed information. No need for extra apps, in this case. For other things, I would agree, apps are more helpful, e.g. banking.
    02-20-12 07:13 AM
    It is a fair question as to why the iPad and other Android tabs get the app and PB doesn't. Isn't that the sorce of criticism from many people? The lack of apps? I suppose the android mulator will fill that void for most of the app lovers out there. I am not a huge app person and that is why I have a BB, I rely on it as a communication device although having option to use an app is nice for mobile banking and stuff like that.

Missing my PB, hope RIM sends it back soon!!
    02-20-12 10:56 PM
    NHL Game Center App won't have much use for me until a new Seattle Sports Arena opens up with a new NHL team and the NBA brings back the legacy of the SuperSonics back to Seattle! hehe
    02-21-12 12:03 AM
    i didnt know there was a cfl app.. downloading now, thanks. Score Mobile is still the best sports app though. Hockey news is decent on PB and so is the NHLPA app.
    02-21-12 12:50 AM
    i didnt know there was a cfl app.. downloading now, thanks. Score Mobile is still the best sports app though. Hockey news is decent on PB and so is the NHLPA app.
    The CFL app has no live games. I wish it did ( Go Lions ). I remember two years ago TSN did stream CFL games live on their website but have stopped doing it this year.
    02-21-12 12:56 AM
    It is a fair question as to why the iPad and other Android tabs get the app and PB doesn't. Isn't that the sorce of criticism from many people? The lack of apps? I suppose the android mulator will fill that void for most of the app lovers out there. I am not a huge app person and that is why I have a BB, I rely on it as a communication device although having option to use an app is nice for mobile banking and stuff like that.

Missing my PB, hope RIM sends it back soon!!
    I think it's simple. IPad and Android don't run flash like the PlayBook does. They need the apps to, essentially, make those sites function properly. Since the PlayBook browser doesn't need to be dumbed down, we don't need the apps. But that is a double edge sword. If you don't need the apps, you'll always have fewer apps then your competition. Which we know is a criticism of our beloved RIM.
    02-21-12 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD