So under "Newest" Apps, I see NFS. It says its just an update with graphics optimizations and such. Well, its a separate download. I assume we will lose our Career if we wish to play the updated version?

Hmm. This new version is v1, while the preloaded version is like 1.3.XX or something. Also i just tried to install it while the preloaded game is still installed and i got an install error.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-05-11 at 11:26 PM.
    05-05-11 11:19 PM
    1.3 is the newest version, why would you try and install a 1.0 version.
    05-05-11 11:46 PM
    because it was the first App listed in "newest" apps and it says its an update. I pointed that out all in my original post.

If its a mistake that it was posted, than its a mistake. Thats why im asking.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 05-06-11 at 12:16 AM.
    05-06-11 12:13 AM
    Newest to BB APP World and not your PB.

Check App World under "My world". If it doesn't have an "update" key next to NFS then your good. It will also tell your the version you have installed.

And no it was not mistake that it was posted.

Tim
    05-06-11 12:42 AM
    Newest to BB APP World and not your PB.

Check App World under "My world". If it doesn't have an "update" key next to NFS then your good. It will also tell your the version you have installed.

And no it was not mistake that it was posted.

Tim
    NFS was one of the first games in appworld, it shouldnt appear as new. There is something going on with appworld thats crapping out.
    05-06-11 01:38 AM
    NFS was one of the first games in appworld, it shouldnt appear as new. There is something going on with appworld thats crapping out.
    Agreed. I go in to AppWorld and Tetris and NFS are both the "newest" apps. Which is wrong.. They would be the oldest apps in AppWorld. Under the newest Category, they shouldn't be there and I think it's just a glitch. They both have no stars, but under Top Free, #'s 6 and 8 are NFS and tetris with 4 and a half stars.
    05-06-11 08:13 AM
    Notice there is a little 'HD' on the NFS & Tetris icon. If you read the description, there does appear to be something new here.

Still sounds strange since an update should show up on the original app, and not just create a new one.
    05-06-11 12:54 PM
    It seems like a dutch version since the vendor is electronic arts nederland. The regular NFS also has the hd icon, so thats not it.
    05-06-11 01:33 PM
    I saw the new NFS HD last night and tried to download, but kept getting errors. Tried this am - same errors. Other things download fine. Odd.
    05-06-11 02:47 PM
    Tetris just updated to 2.0, I wonder if NFS is next.
    05-06-11 04:48 PM
    at least you lot can update stuff, because im in the UK i cant update either of the EA games if it was only available in canada and the usa i would understand as thats where the device is available, however japan is approved too! talk about odd
    05-06-11 05:14 PM
    05-06-11 05:17 PM
    ^ thats same as me, because you arent in usa/canada/japan
    05-06-11 06:18 PM
    ^ thats same as me, because you arent in usa/canada/japan
    Thats real $hit IMO, I'm in Australia and with the same issue. I went and deleted the versions of NFS and Tetris that were pre-installed and now I can't get them back..

Total FAIL for me and I'm really pi$$ed at this for country locks.
    05-06-11 08:00 PM
    Thats real $hit IMO, I'm in Australia and with the same issue. I went and deleted the versions of NFS and Tetris that were pre-installed and now I can't get them back..

Total FAIL for me and I'm really pi$$ed at this for country locks.
    yea its total BS because japans on there, so isnt related to countries where device is released.

to get back the originals try going for a firmware update, should tell you one is available which is the current, will just re-install all `stock` apps
    05-06-11 10:29 PM
    There is a temporary issue with the NFS and Tetris updates. And yes they are both 1.0 but are new updates with improved graphics and better controls. I'm hoping when app world refreshes in a few minutes that everything get straightened out
    05-07-11 02:05 AM
    i cn dl tetris but nt nfs. server overload?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 02:43 AM
    i cn dl tetris but nt nfs. server overload?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Try again....i was able to update both NFS and tetris in the UK.
    05-07-11 02:56 PM
    I don't understand why people are trying to update to a version 1.0. The current version is 1.3. Since when do software companies release improvement upgrades and downgrade the revision number?
    05-07-11 03:40 PM
    I had a problem with mine as well (UK) Tried again and currently downloading. 40meg complete so far.
    05-07-11 03:46 PM
    I don't understand why people are trying to update to a version 1.0. The current version is 1.3. Since when do software companies release improvement upgrades and downgrade the revision number?
    They are updates....tetris is version 2.0 and NFS is version 1.3.74
    05-07-11 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD