According to Playbook Daily, there is a new app called News Catcher App which was released by Ximad.

News Catcher App for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Powerful RSS Reader by XIMAD

It looks promising but I am having trouble finding it in the App World. I keep getting a message that says "the app is no longer available". Has anyone seen this app or been able to download it?

Note: If you browse to the Playbook daily link above from your Playbook, there is a link that you can click on that opens up App World. You can see the description of the app, the price, and pictures of what the App looks like. But if you hit the purchase button, you receive an error.
    07-14-11 12:26 PM
    We are so sorry to tell you that News Catcher is not available on market. When the product has been released we found several bugs. They are incompatible with normal work of the app. We respect our buyers and want to do quality products. As soon as everything will work properly we will let you know.

If you have any questions contact us [email protected] and XIMAD BlackBerry Applications | Facebook

Regards,
    XIMAD Team
    07-18-11 06:28 AM
    Thank you very much for replying. I look forward to seeing the app when it is re-released.
    07-18-11 10:49 AM
    FYI - the App is now available. It's a very slick and well designed app for reading RSS feeds. My only question is how, or whether, I can input my own feeds.

Currently it seems that there are only specific feeds that are able to be subcribed to based on some type of protocol (not sure what/how).

There are very little Canadian feeds available as well. Be interesting to see if this will be changed over time. But visually and from a purely feature wise app - this is good. Also can read your facebook and twitter information to.
    07-23-11 08:56 PM
    Another FYI - the News Catcher app has been pulled from AppWorld again. I posted a question on their facebook site this evening (August 2nd, 2011) and got a replay within a few minutes (excellent response time!) and they have indicated that the developers have pulled the app to increase the power of the app and to increase the performance. A paid and a free version is going to be made available as well.
    08-03-11 12:41 AM
    This app is garbage. I bought the app and it stopped working after a week of use.
    When the app worked most of the feeds was not working. This app is just a nice looking garbage.
    01-02-12 06:53 AM
    Agreed, I posted a thread about this too. It is a nice looking app, if only you could store your feed locally or enter them manually.
    01-02-12 08:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD