I have been reading news on the PlayBook broser and I must say I find it a very good substitute for an app. For example CNN, BBC, FT and TIME shows up very well in the browser.

The only thing I am missing is that my browser is not saving user name and password, so I have to punch it every time I go to my account on FT for instance. Is there a way to have username and password saved in the browser?
    05-16-11 06:30 AM
    I have been reading news on the PlayBook broser and I must say I find it a very good substitute for an app. For example CNN, BBC, FT and TIME shows up very well in the browser.

The only thing I am missing is that my browser is not saving user name and password, so I have to punch it every time I go to my account on FT for instance. Is there a way to have username and password saved in the browser?
    and you can not organize the Favorites.
    and it doesn't run Java applets
    and you can't open multiple instances
    and it still slower then some
    and most media points, like Hulu wont allow it

I like it, good start, but has some items that need attention, correction,
    additions and negotiations.

Tim
    05-16-11 06:36 AM
    @Tim - agreed, there are a number of things that needs to be fixed. Let;s hope the next firmware upgrade will bring some of these feature to the table...
    05-16-11 06:39 AM
    Have you checked your settings? Do you have Accept Cookies ON? Have you been clearing the history, cookies, cache?

I ask because I have many sites I go to that require a username and password and I never have to reenter them.

CrackBerry, NY Times, Comcast (Xfinity), ESPN. just to name a few.
    05-16-11 06:43 AM
    If you have Private Browsing ON, it will not store info so that your privacy is maintained but then it won't store stuff like passwords either.
    05-16-11 08:30 AM
    Ditto the suggestions above me. That said I have a couple web sites I frequent that should remember the password but don't on the PlayBook. And have numerous other websites that do save login info as they are supposed to. So, if you have enabled cookies, etc. and still have the problem, maybe it is the website or maybe it is the PlayBook; but either way the only recourse I know is to wait and see if an OS update down the road corrects the problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 08:32 AM
    get instapaper or xprss or social feeds or fluent news or digital journal.. .. or even aljazeera apps..after all these news apps i rarely bother to go browsing for news
    05-17-11 08:43 AM
    are we going to see bloomberg or reuters or independent or fluent news, ever?
    04-12-12 09:45 PM
    it'sna nice broswer, I can't wait till they fix why it condtstantly crashes

I really hope the release Opera Mobile. Best Browser on any phone/tablet ever. Yes even better than Dolphin

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Last edited by Spacemonkie; 04-13-12 at 11:49 PM.
    04-13-12 11:47 PM

Tim
    And, Tim, as long as someone brought back this older thread - still waiting......
    04-14-12 10:24 AM

Tim
    No scroll bar to grab on to so when scrolling it is a crap shoot trying NOT to hit a ad link while going down the page......yeah that is a hard one also...sigh...

Which ALL should have been corrected during the OS 2.0 upgrade...which makes me wonder is this company being run by school graduates that were never told as kids they are losers? Is this company a product of Political Correctness where as kids these executives never faced reality and were sheltered from getting their feelings hurt and now in the real world they are bombing this company into the abyss of history with the Edsel???
    04-15-12 09:54 AM
    If you have Private Browsing ON, it will not store info so that your privacy is maintained but then it won't store stuff like passwords either.
    Maybe for you but reading these threads all the way back to early 2011 it makes no difference and today with OS 2.0 it still makes no difference.

My only web site where log in is constant is Ford-Truck.com all others are a constant log in and my passwords are typically 12 to 16 characters long so this gets really irritating after a while and like its many other "MINOR" issues they all add up to the total picture of less then a quality and class product. The shiny penny is gone and the test drive is shaking out way too many short coming to make this a quality daily user.

Then having to wait an unanswerable amount of time for the OS 2.xx patch is simply ridiculous. These so called MBA grad jack wagons should at least be able to communicate that App World is down and will be up around xxxxx time frame and the same for OS upgrade and then make good on it........

Being a BB user since 2002 and still trying to give them a chance to improve is now at a cross roads..... if the much touted BB10 bombs or flops like this much vaunted OS2 then the invisible hand of economics will be in play.......

Sure hope they get their act together soon ........ very soon .....

Guess user frustration is showing again huh......sigh......
    04-15-12 10:04 AM
    Opera is the bees knees

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    06-04-12 03:59 PM
    Opera doesn't run on the Playbook.
    06-04-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD