What course would be optimal for me to take to start to developing for the playbook? I have 0 experience ... well I can do HTML and stumble around in someone elses java, so I'm essentially very green. Any suggestions?
    12-10-11 11:44 AM
    What course would be optimal for me to take to start to developing for the playbook? I have 0 experience ... well I can do HTML and stumble around in someone elses java, so I'm essentially very green. Any suggestions?
    There are quite a few threads already for this topic. You will need expertise in one or more of the development languages that the PlayBook supports.

HTML5/JavaScript for Webworks apps
    C/C++ for Native development using the NDK
    ActionScript 3 for Adobe AIR development
    Java for creating Android apps that run in the Android Player

The following link takes you to the BlackBerry Developer Zone where you can find out what kind of app you can write with each of the above development environments. After perusing this information you will be able to choose the specific college or university level courses when you have decided on your target platform. In the meantime you can do a Google search to find all kinds of tutorials and information on the web.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone - Wanna make an app?
    Last edited by BuzzStarField; 12-10-11 at 02:45 PM.
    12-10-11 02:42 PM
    There are quite a few threads already for this topic. You will need expertise in one or more of the development languages that the PlayBook supports.

HTML5/JavaScript for Webworks apps
    C/C++ for Native development using the NDK
    ActionScript 3 for Adobe AIR development
    Java for creating Android apps that run in the Android Player

The following link takes you to the BlackBerry Developer Zone where you can find out what kind of app you can write with each of the above development environments. After perusing this information you will be able to choose the specific college or university level courses when you have decided on your target platform. In the meantime you can do a Google search to find all kinds of tutorials and information on the web.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Developer Zone - Wanna make an app?

Thank you, i did a quick search but obviously not hard enough. I'll check it out and go from there. cheers
    12-11-11 02:59 PM
    Personally I'd say go WebWorks. If you already have some (albeit minimal) experience in HTML, that's a good foundation, and also it's a good starting point because you can use HTML for really basic apps, jump into JavaScript for simple but not as simple as HTML, and then go into Flash for advanced stuff, only learning the languages needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-11 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD