Hmm, works fine for me. Have you tried turning it off and on again (the PB that is)? That usually fixes most problems with the Android player for me...
    I've done multiple reboots

Edit: No android app would get internet, I think i muffed it up so I'm doing a security wipe
    Last edited by manofice; 04-05-12 at 08:54 AM.
    04-05-12 08:20 AM
    This version locks up all the time. Hopefully a more stable version will be available soon.
    raymond likes this.
    04-05-12 09:20 AM
    Hmm, works fine for me. Have you tried turning it off and on again (the PB that is)? That usually fixes most problems with the Android player for me...
    Security wipe fixed it, i def screwed up the android player some how, lol
    04-05-12 09:43 AM
    Thanks for this... I wish it wouldn't crash so much.
    04-05-12 10:05 AM
    Thanks for this... I wish it wouldn't crash so much.
    I gave up and am using the PB browser with Facebook.
    04-05-12 01:05 PM
    I'm getting no internet connection showing when I pull up Words with Friends, latest build
    04-05-12 01:34 PM
    In uninstalled the old version, did multiple reboots, but always getting this erroor code -4 after the 50% feedback, instead of getting to the 100 % then the OK feedback.

The icon shows up but when I try to start the app, it would stay forever on a black screen.

I have tried the same thing with the two .BAR files available on here and with the one on good e-reader as well. Always the -4 error code. I have two PB, and it did the same on both.
    04-05-12 03:26 PM
    Is this working properly for anyone? My wife is not going to be happy if she can't play her words on her PB!
    04-05-12 07:25 PM
    I got it to work!!

Basically, I load v4.82. Reboot the device and try the start the application. It can take quite sometime on the blank screen. Just ignore it and wait. You can do other stuffs meanwhile.

Then after say 1 minute, it should be ok

- Charles
    04-05-12 08:34 PM
    Alright so I had the previous version installed( 4.73 something i think). I removed it by doing the wiggle icon trash can, b/c I can't find the bar for some reason. I also installed a newer version of DDPB the MSI version. Very nice.

I then did a restart of the PB for the heck of it. Going to test it now. Will post back the results. Added that Scramble .bar file that was kicking around here too also for the heck of it.
    04-05-12 11:31 PM
    4.82 crashes often... At least it restarts quickly... Is fun though.
    04-06-12 04:49 AM
    Thanks Sifjar, but Can't seem to do anything with the zip file, can't rename, can't unzip....How do I "convert" that to a .bar file? Windows7 64 bit....

Thanks Kingkracker, Thanks SifJar...
    Last edited by endel3; 04-06-12 at 10:37 AM.
    04-06-12 09:53 AM
    I renamed it via CMD prompt. Start a CMD (aka DOS) window, change directory to where the .zip file is saved to and rename it from .zip to .bar file and you should be all set.
    endel3 likes this.
    04-06-12 09:58 AM
    For the record, you can also right click and choose "Rename". You need to change the windows options to display extensions first, google how to do that for your specific version of Windows.
    04-06-12 12:53 PM
    I used DDPB and had to download the zip three times but on the third time it recognized it and i was able to pickup right where i left off
    04-06-12 04:01 PM
    4.82 can be downloaded from here: Download Words With Friends Free,Words With Friends Free 4.82 Android download | 1mobile.com (for the record, 1Mobile is a great source for downloading virtually every free APK)

Downloading and converting now, will post back soon.

EDIT: I should note that v4.54 still seems to be working for me.

EDIT: 4.82 isn't currently working for me, but my Android player seems a little broken right now, I'm rebooting to try again. In the meantime, here is the BAR (renamed to ZIP)

EDIT: Working fine now, I just had to uninstall the old version I had installed.

Does anyone have the .bar version of WWF 4.82?? help
    04-07-12 01:36 PM
    Does anyone have the .bar version of WWF 4.82?? help
    It's attached to the very post you quoted. And also the post below that one too.
    04-07-12 02:10 PM
    It's attached to the very post you quoted. And also the post below that one too.
    but it is an .apk when i unzipped it. I am unable to upload it.
    04-07-12 02:57 PM
    I did the conversion myself from that apk link and it works for me Attached incase it's different to yours.

NOTE - it's the free one so you get adverts!
    The link in this post should be a .bar file. Click on the arrow next to the poster's name
    04-07-12 03:00 PM
    don't unzip it. change the extension from .zip to .bar.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-07-12 03:03 PM
    that link is the .apk file i am unable to upload. i dont know how to convert to .bar file. even when i change the extension on the apk file it doesnt work.
    04-07-12 03:18 PM
    Is this zip any different than the one off the good reader site?
    I have that one installed, it's pretty crashy.
    04-07-12 03:19 PM
    that link is the .apk file i am unable to upload. i dont know how to convert to .bar file. even when i change the extension on the apk file it doesnt work.
    Read carefully

You need to rename the ZIP to BAR. Don't extract the ZIP, rename it.
    04-07-12 04:09 PM
    I tried the 4.82 version and it's still saying that I need to upgrade my version of WWF If anyone has tried converting it again, I would be VERY appreciative.

Thanks!
    04-07-12 04:44 PM
    4.82 still working fine for me. Did you use a BAR from this thread?
    04-07-12 05:16 PM
110 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD