My playbook is showing WWF has an update available. Anyone convert the apk already?
    04-04-12 04:03 PM
    I was wondering this too!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-04-12 04:08 PM
    Help! Can't play Words on my PB today. It says an update is available and to click OK. No option to decline. Has anyone converted the new version to a new .bar file yet?

Or... better yet, is there any way to update directly using just the P B?
    04-04-12 04:25 PM
    Yep- same issue. Can't decline the upgrade, and currently unable to download the new version (not really sure I even want to yet). It would be great if the new version does something to stop the WWF lockdown/restart that is necessary after every 2 moves...
    04-04-12 04:28 PM
    Would like that here as well please. Wifey not going to be too happy!

I hope this isn't the beginning of the end of our fun of converting Android Apps.
    04-04-12 04:29 PM
    You can't even cancel out of the upgrade. There is no way to play WWF unless we upgrade. This bites.
    04-04-12 04:30 PM
    I'm addicted! Someone please help me get back to WWF...i was winning
    04-04-12 04:40 PM
    yes can't go past the "upgrade now" message.
    The market says my phone is not compatible but I would always search for the apk and it would work.
    If anyone has the new .apk file..
    I realize I'm posting on a BB forum but I'm desperate
    thanks in advance
    04-04-12 04:40 PM
    Here is the New WWF .APK file if someone can convert it.

I tried converting twice and could not get to convert (can't get any app to convert), so no shock it wont convert for me.
    topmodel43 likes this.
    04-04-12 04:42 PM
    Sorry, I searched and only found older Words threads, so I added to that old one and started my own. Now I see I'm not the only one stuck in the infinite loop. Basically, Upgrade or Upgrade or Upgrade or die!!!
    04-04-12 04:44 PM
    Here is the New WWF .APK file if someone can convert it.

I tried converting twice and could not get to convert (can't get any app to convert), so no shock it wont convert for me.
    I think I was already above that with 4.73???? So what is the newest version?
    04-04-12 04:45 PM
    Ohh beats me then. I was at 4.60 so thought that was the new one.
    04-04-12 04:50 PM
    I think 4.81 is the latest - anyone got the apk?
    04-04-12 04:52 PM
    4.82 can be downloaded from here: Download Words With Friends Free,Words With Friends Free 4.82 Android download | 1mobile.com (for the record, 1Mobile is a great source for downloading virtually every free APK)

Downloading and converting now, will post back soon.

EDIT: I should note that v4.54 still seems to be working for me.

EDIT: 4.82 isn't currently working for me, but my Android player seems a little broken right now, I'm rebooting to try again. In the meantime, here is the BAR (renamed to ZIP)

EDIT: Working fine now, I just had to uninstall the old version I had installed.
    Last edited by SifJar; 04-04-12 at 05:15 PM.
    04-04-12 04:57 PM
    4.82 can be downloaded from here: Download Words With Friends Free,Words With Friends Free 4.82 Android download | 1mobile.com

Downloading and converting now, will post back soon.

EDIT: I should note that v4.54 still seems to be working for me.

EDIT: 4.82 isn't currently working for me, but my Android player seems a little broken right now, I'm rebooting to try again. In the meantime, here is the BAR (renamed to ZIP)

I did the conversion myself from that apk link and it works for me Attached incase it's different to yours.

NOTE - it's the free one so you get adverts!
    Last edited by SteveCoops; 04-04-12 at 05:13 PM.
    04-04-12 05:10 PM
    Hmm, maybe it is something to do with the old version not uninstalling, both are installed alongside each other, that could be causing problems I guess. I'll try getting rid of the old one.

EDIT: There we go. Working fine now.
    Last edited by SifJar; 04-04-12 at 05:14 PM.
    04-04-12 05:12 PM
    Well, I probably broke my Words-settings by UNinstalling 4.73 and reinstalling 4.54. I don't seem to have my partner anymore.

Now I will wait till someone puts up a link to this newest version.
    04-04-12 05:12 PM
    Hmm, maybe it is something to do with the old version not uninstalling, both are installed alongside each other, that could be causing problems I guess. I'll try getting rid of the old one.
    I did delete the old one before installing this new one. The logon screen actually worked in landscape too

Oh, I'm mid game in two games and they still work (although I just get their initial as a scabble letter, not their photo anymore)
    04-04-12 05:15 PM
    Grr I don't like ads :P Thanks though
    04-04-12 05:23 PM
    Well, I probably broke my Words-settings by UNinstalling 4.73 and reinstalling 4.54. I don't seem to have my partner anymore.

Now I will wait till someone puts up a link to this newest version.
    I posted the BAR on the last page Working fine.

Grr I don't like ads :P Thanks though
    Yeah, ads suck, but that's the only (legal) way to get the game for free.
    04-04-12 05:23 PM
    Ah, back in business - thanks to your both. The 4.54 version lost my "current game" but this version found it again.

I guess this UNofficial stuff means that we will run into these glitches every once in a while (or more often).

Again thanks to the two converters. I don't know if they are the same or not but grabbed them both.
    04-04-12 05:27 PM
    I posted the BAR on the last page Working fine.

Yeah, ads suck, but that's the only (legal) way to get the game for free.
    I know wish it was available on PlayBook so I could get rid of them!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-04-12 05:32 PM
    Again thanks to the two converters. I don't know if they are the same or not but grabbed them both.
    Should be the same with different signatures. Didn't actually notice there was another upload.

I know wish it was available on PlayBook so I could get rid of them!
    Get onto Zynga and ask them nicely to release it officially, it's bound to work
    04-04-12 05:37 PM

Get onto Zynga and ask them nicely to release it officially, it's bound to work

I'm sure it will haha

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-04-12 05:50 PM
    Thanks so much SifJar and SteveCoops. I was all bummed out that I couldn't play and thought I lost my games in-progress. You guys came to the rescue quickly. Kudos.
    04-04-12 06:07 PM
110 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD