View Poll Results: Which version do you prefer?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS 1.x - smaller view, more visible at a time

21 44.68%
  • OS 2.x - larger view of apps, but only 3 visible

26 55.32%
    Hi everyone,
    After a few days use, i must say that i think i preferred the old open app carousel with the smaller windows so you could see more of them. I often have quite a few apps running and find it hard to remember now if theyre left or right wondered what anyone else thinks?
    02-23-12 05:30 PM
    Hi everyone,
    After a few days use, i must say that i think i preferred the old open app carousel with the smaller windows so you could see more of them. I often have quite a few apps running and find it hard to remember now if they’re left or right… wondered what anyone else thinks?
    I took the updates on 1 of my rooted playbooks and never lost the old view.
    Never done a wipe just a straight upgrade.
    So not sure if you lost it from doing a wipe or not being on beta or not being rooted.
    Last edited by balding1; 02-23-12 at 05:42 PM.
    02-23-12 05:37 PM
    I, too, prefer the old carousel.
    02-23-12 05:43 PM
    Personally I'm liking the new carousel layout more, cause it makes better use of the screen, ibe noticed at least with pdf's you can actually read them and zoom in and scroll straight through the preview which Is definitely a nice feature. And comes in handy when you're reading through a pdf quickly and wanna multitasking without having to switch between fullscreen apps
    02-23-12 06:59 PM
    You know you can put up to six and not just three right?
    02-23-12 07:03 PM
    I totaly prefered the older carousel
    02-23-12 07:03 PM
    You know you can put up to six and not just three right?
    Well elaborate! I don't personally care as I hadn't even noticed but obviously this is a feature that the OP would like to know about. Why not share and hope he can do the same for you someday.

H
    02-23-12 07:42 PM
    New is better, i keep mine in showcase mode so i like to be able to see what my open apps are doing without going into them
    02-23-12 07:59 PM
    I like the bigger view of the new version
    02-23-12 08:01 PM
    that would be a nice option in settings so you couldd change amount thats in view at one time little tweaks like that would go nice, i hope we can customize the themes later in newer versions
    02-23-12 08:06 PM
    I liked old better to :P dont know why just do
    02-23-12 08:13 PM
    Well elaborate! I don't personally care as I hadn't even noticed but obviously this is a feature that the OP would like to know about. Why not share and hope he can do the same for you someday.

H
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    One thing that's encouraged is to search the forums for topics that may have been covered already to prevent redundancy (which has ran rampant in the last few months). Basic info can be found HERE and on that thread is a link to a post specifically on customizing the homescreen ui HERE
    02-23-12 11:15 PM
    I think they changed it mostly to make it better when they put the OS on a smaller screen for their upcoming phones.
    02-23-12 11:28 PM
    Looks like 9of13 is a little confused on the difference between the dock and the carousel.
    02-24-12 05:52 AM
    Looks like 9of13 is a little confused on the difference between the dock and the carousel.
    The Dock is the place where you can place up to six apps to show all the time. The carousel shows what apps are running. the panels are where the rest of the icons are.
    I got confused on what was mentioned since the poll stated a little confusion on how many are shown. Even on the old os, technically 3 were fully shown. With 2 partially shown. I thought the op was the one confused.
    02-24-12 11:45 AM
    New for me, I've had my PlayBook since May and 2.0 makes me think I have a new tablet . I like all and everything that has changed
    02-24-12 11:56 AM
    i like the smaller version
    02-24-12 12:06 PM
    I voted for the smaller version. But I also feel that scrolling between programs required a little less effort with 1.0 vs. 2.0.
    02-24-12 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD