Alexander Molodtsov the author of SCUMM for the playbook has put out a new version. Best part is, it has external audio support! Full CD audio in Talkie versions! Details are below:

ScummVM 1.4.1
    Fixed menu in 2.0 OS
    Added MP3, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC support
    Default savegame path changed to shared/misc/.scummvm
    File navigation is limited to shared directory

Get it on their official forum: ScummVM for PlayBook
    sushistew likes this.
    01-31-12 07:42 AM
    OMFG!!!!!!!!! I used to play all those games back in the day, I MUST have this!
    01-31-12 08:29 AM
    Be aware right click is not implemented at this time. The author is brain storming the best way to implement this feature in a future release. That being said quite a few games are fully playable without it at this time.
    01-31-12 08:35 AM
    I think the simplest way of implementing right click would be to bind it to a tap hold event.

Edit
    Actually I just looked at the link and it's pretty much what he's suggesting
    Last edited by sergeh; 01-31-12 at 09:56 AM.
    01-31-12 09:53 AM
    ScummVM 1.4.1 for PlayBook is updated to support right click and Esc button:

Changes in this version:
    - Right mouse emulation - added sidebar to change active mouse button
    - Switched to double buffered sound output
    - Escape button added
    - SDL updated

Dillbert71 and woodhick like this.
    03-13-12 12:07 PM
    First off, let me offer major props to the guys putting this port together. I tried the old version for the first time a couple of days ago and liked what I saw. The new version smooths out all of the audio and graphics issues I was seeing. Glad to be able to carry around so many games old games that work incredibly with a touch screen.

Quick question though, is there a way to disable the or hide the mouse and escape key options if you're using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard?
    03-13-12 09:08 PM
    Quick question though, is there a way to disable the or hide the mouse and escape key options if you're using a bluetooth mouse and keyboard?
    Alexander (port developer) has told me that this option is meaningless. So mouse panel can't be disabled. Keep in mind that right click doesn't work with Bluetooth mouse.

But you can request this feature on the KPDA forum. ;-}
    03-14-12 04:06 AM
    Thanks! amazingly wonderful work you guys are doing!!
    03-14-12 07:51 AM
    Alexander (port developer) has told me that this option is meaningless. So mouse panel can't be disabled. Keep in mind that right click doesn't work with Bluetooth mouse.

But you can request this feature on the KPDA forum. ;-}
    I just took a quick look at the forum and the language the forum runs on will probably prevent me from posting there.

There should be an update along shortly for the PB to allow the right click to work as a two finger tap on the new keyboard/touchpad combo, I'd imagine they'll extend this to regular bluetooth mice as well.
    03-14-12 08:41 AM
    I just took a quick look at the forum and the language the forum runs on will probably prevent me from posting there.
    Please, look a bit deeper: How to switch language of forum interface?

There should be an update along shortly for the PB to allow the right click to work as a two finger tap on the new keyboard/touchpad combo, I'd imagine they'll extend this to regular bluetooth mice as well.
    Hm-m-m... I'm not sure. Right mouse button is used for gestures.
    03-14-12 11:11 AM
    Great news for playbook gamers!
    Good job! Thanks!
    03-14-12 07:06 PM
    It works GREAT! Only think needed now is some form of keyboard input in order to enter the protection codes (like in Monkey Island II) in order to start the game. Other than that, the other games I have tested (and Sierra games as well such as Kings Quest) work a treat!
    03-14-12 09:35 PM
    hey is saw your post from back in march. Is there allready a way to play Monkey island 2 on the playbook?
    11-14-12 06:40 AM
    Hi, im trying this on my BB10 Dev Alpha and...it works!
    New Version of SCUMM for the Playbook-brz1bp_ciaaldul.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails New Version of SCUMM for the Playbook-large.jpg  
    08-16-13 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD