hi everyone
    first I want to say that without the people on this site there would be no real support for this product. It's the app development going on in here that makes this product viable. thanks to you all!

so, I got a new playbook on that $99 deal - I tried getting apps from cr*appworld, but not a whole lot of interest.

could someone summarize the situation for me on running android apps?
    mostly I just want to keep in real time touch with the stock market, a watchlist of quotes, prices, charts, in an app, not using a commercial website like cnbc.
    an ameritrade app would be great but I can't get it to load.

1) can I run android apps on OS 1.07
    2) if not, can I as a non-developer get OS 2? (where?)
    3) then in order to get apps, is it correct that I would either have to get BAR files or APK files and then convert them to BAR and then sideload them?
    11-08-11 12:03 PM
    hi everyone

1) can I run android apps on OS 1.07
    2) if not, can I as a non-developer get OS 2? (where?)
    3) then in order to get apps, is it correct that I would either have to get BAR files or APK files and then convert them to BAR and then sideload them?
    1) technically, yes, but you need to load a beta on yourself (not recommended at this point)

2) Yes you can get it, enter your playbook PIN at the website below and in an hour or so you will have an update ready

https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

3) Correct. Lots or resources on crackberry to get the bars. I converted the iSM app for ameritrade and it works great
    11-08-11 12:48 PM
    awesome - thank you! I might have to ask you a few more questions down the road!

11-08-11 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD