I have seen various threads pertaining to must have apps, best apps. etc. I will be receiving my 32GB Playbook sometime this week (hopefully) and I would like to know what you consider some (8-10) apps that I should download first to the PB. I have had a Nook for a few years, so I will want to be able to use the PB as an ereader. I'm not really interested in Facebook or Twitter, so those types of apps won't be necessary. I want to download music and movies. This will be my first tablet, so I'm not sure what is available or needed. I'm looking forward to help and suggestions. Thanks, Ken
    04-10-12 11:08 PM
    Qfolio
    Box
    Xploding boxes
    FEMA
    Hockey Central
    04-11-12 05:04 AM
    Zinio!
    Crackberry
    Evernote
    File Expert
    Groupon
    Dolphin Browser
    04-11-12 08:12 AM
    Qfolio
    Box
    Smart Office
    Zinio
    Pulse News
    Aedict
    Obenkyo
    04-11-12 08:37 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'll look them up and see what they do.
    04-11-12 09:14 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'll look them up and see what they do.
    Qfolio- Very well made stocks portfolio app
    Box- Access files in the cloud on dropbox
    Smart Office- pretty nice looking mobile office suite
    Zinio- Digital magazine subscription service, some magazines feature interactive content
    Pulse News- Great RSS news reader
    Aedict- Japanese-English Dictionary, many great features like the quiz mode
    Obenkyo- Japanese learning app
    04-11-12 09:18 AM
    The first thing to do is to is to try some of the free apps by the categories that you most need.
    Then, take a look at the list of most downloaded paid and free. Try the free for awhile.
    Then, taking the review with a grain of salt for paid apps, come to the app section on CB and use the search button to find opinions.

I do however recommend purchasing 'File Manager' by Aftab Solutions. The free AIR Browser works well too.

Stay away from SKYlab's maps-on-tablet and the paid eBooks, many of which can be downloaded for free from archive.org.
    Last edited by mandony; 04-11-12 at 09:37 AM.
    04-11-12 09:32 AM
    Then, taking the review with a grain of salt for paid apps, come to the app section on CB and use the search button to find opinions.
    Are the apps from Crackberry direct downloads, or do they have to be side-loaded?

Ken
    04-11-12 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD