Im curious, I have a list of apps Id like to see or equivilant of.
    So far, I really want a cross messaging client, like pidgin for example.
    Pidgin can connect to AIM, yahoo messenger, google, msn messenger...and more, all in one!

Is there any such app that does this for playbook?

Also, is there a dropbox client?
    Any sort of text editing capable apps?

Im also curious in cregards to sonicair, is the app itself better than just using the web interface that subsonic comes w/ ? Cuz the web interface for subsonic seems to be working great for movies & audio.
    Just tryin to tweak transcoding settings for better quality on both.

Where do I find all the ported android apps? ..

Well, thats a little list for now, Im sure I forgot something .. will add in future.
    Any guidance would be great!
    04-18-12 12:31 PM
    04-18-12 12:36 PM
    TY for that! IM+ .. 8$? holy crap what a ripoff =(, any alternate client I can use other than individual ones?

Far as text editin, just opening simple text files possibly scripts. I wonder is there any sort of IDE scripting environment avail for playbook?
    Also, can all u do on PB is just look at word / excel files but not edit them? Is there no office suite avail or anything?
    Thanks
    04-18-12 12:47 PM
    TY for that! IM+ .. 8$? holy crap what a ripoff =(, any alternate client I can use other than individual ones?

Far as text editin, just opening simple text files possibly scripts. I wonder is there any sort of IDE scripting environment avail for playbook?
    Also, can all u do on PB is just look at word / excel files but not edit them? Is there no office suite avail or anything?
    Thanks
    Doc to go is a full office software so editing is there. and you should be able to edit simple .txt files in Docs to go also

And if your new to the playbook go into app world and get a file manager app, like files and folders or air browser. They have dropbox clients build in.
    04-18-12 12:53 PM
    Buy Smart Office 2 - Download Smart Office 2 - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

there might be some android apps that work that you can sideload also. I would guess that is going to be your best route
    04-18-12 12:53 PM
    Doc to go is a full office software so editing is there. and you should be able to edit simple .txt files in Docs to go also

And if your new to the playbook go into app world and get a file manager app, like files and folders or air browser. They have dropbox clients build in.
    Ah, I was under impression docs to go was read only type office suite. Will try it out.
    Will look for a file browser thanks for tips!
    04-18-12 12:58 PM
    you cant tell if an app is ported in andriod unless you opene it and it opens in the andriod player.
    04-18-12 12:59 PM
    You can use im+, Imo.im etc in the browser but they do time out if not the focus.
    04-18-12 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD