It seems to be a native playbook game...with nice B&W graphics. Concept is simple..your player is running on screen and you just need to jump to avoid falling dying/crashing. Just a matter of timing and judging what type of jump to do. There are a bunch of other characters on screen running with you too..I am guessing that it is just AI players.

The game also generates a new level each day, but from what I see only that daily level is available each day.

Best yet..it is free and can get pretty addicting.

I have nothing to do with this game but I have been looking through all of the new apps/games since 2.0 and this one stood out the most, so I thought others needed to see it since it may get overlooked with all the new content coming to the app world.

Check it out!
    02-23-12 05:42 PM
    Here's a link: Free Run In Crowd - Download Run In Crowd - Free Games from BlackBerry App World

It's free, and it looks cool. I'm going to check it out later. Thanks!
    02-23-12 09:42 PM
    Hmm getting not supported by device
    02-23-12 09:58 PM
    Hmm getting not supported by device
    Look it up manually. Links broke.
    02-23-12 10:27 PM
    i got it. its a fun little game, its like canabalt. But why is there no music or anything?
    02-23-12 10:53 PM
    i got it. its a fun little game, its like canabalt. But why is there no music or anything?
    From the description in App World: "At the moment there are no sounds or music in plans for "Run In Crowd". Please let us know, if you think it is necessary."
    02-23-12 11:45 PM
    Hello, i'm developer of "Run In Crowd", art&code is made by me, idea inspired by a flash game.
    There are a bunch of other characters on screen running with you too..I am guessing that it is just AI players.
    No! This is all another players This is a key feature. I'm currently examine blackberry platform, want to integrate Scoreloop authorization, then you can see text above runners with player's name.

Sorry, that currently no music and sounds. Game is zero-budget, made basically by me and i'm not allmighty

We have ideas about game extending, but first need scoreloop integration and release on other platforms(iphone/android). Thanks.
    Last edited by moadib73rus; 02-24-12 at 12:22 PM.
    02-24-12 10:38 AM
    Pictures? Video? Do I actually have to download and install this game to see what it looks like?
    02-24-12 10:39 AM
    Hello, i'm developer of "Run In Crowd", art&code is made by me, idea inspired by a flash game.

No! This is all another players This is a key feature. I'm currently examine blackberry platform, want to integrate Scoreloop authorization, then you can see text above runners with player's name.

Sorry, that currently no music and sounds. Game is zero-budget, made basically by me and i'm not allmighty

We have ideas about game extending, but first need scoreloop integration and release on other platforms(iphone/android). Thanks.
    Hold on, you're saying the other players in the crowd are real people?

That is awesome, but I'm not sure I fully believe you. I'm sure you programmed in some AI players.
    02-24-12 10:58 AM
    Hold on, you're saying the other players in the crowd are real people?
    Yes, it is.
    That is awesome, but I'm not sure I fully believe you. I'm sure you programmed in some AI players.
    You must believe me This is no truly realtime multiplayer, since on mobile networks we can very long delays, and undesirable to produce big traffic. But all runners - like a ghosts, somewhere in past(no older than one day) someone runs and now he make a company to you And one of these runners is you in past. "Your best result" appeared above him.

Oh, i'm revealed all the secrets and must be killed by my partner.
    Last edited by moadib73rus; 02-24-12 at 11:08 AM.
    Michelle Haag and bobauckland like this.
    02-24-12 11:03 AM
    Gotcha so we are just running against other "players" ghosts that ran that same stage at some point in the last 24 hours.
    02-24-12 11:19 AM
    It is better than ai-players, isn't it? Another problem in realtime - long time waiting for enough opponents. So that compromise better than nothing, and no differs from realtime multiplayer by senses.

I begin to doubt, it was not necessary to tell this all...
    Last edited by moadib73rus; 02-24-12 at 11:46 AM.
    02-24-12 11:23 AM
    This game is very very very simple and VERY VERY VERY VERY GREAT! I'm hooked! RUN IN CROWD. I hope this becomes a SUPER HIT!!!
    02-24-12 12:21 PM
    If anyone like this game, please like it on fb. It is important to us to know how many peoples can wait game updates and enchantments.
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Run-I...09531892478297

P.S. We surely add playbook as third platform to our next games Waiting playbook from RIM to have possibility of strong testing.
    Last edited by moadib73rus; 02-24-12 at 12:30 PM.
    bounce007 likes this.
    02-24-12 12:24 PM
    3284m. Cant's get past there. lol
    02-24-12 01:21 PM
    Good to see quality apps natively!
    02-24-12 01:30 PM
    3284m. Cant's get past there. lol
    Bests today reached 4368m
    02-24-12 01:37 PM

Hey, great to hear from you!
    I might be interested in providing some free music to use for this. If you want to check out a couple of my tracks that are sort of Game related go here:
    http://www.paulmartinbrown.com/themusic.html
    Scroll down and listen to Marios Fishing Trip and WoWoWoWoW
    Have lots more too but I am sure you'll find Marios fishing trip is quite Game like ;-)

Some of my Perseids album would also be great for some games.

Anyways if interested just drop me a mail or pm here and we can discuss.
    Cheers
    Paul
    Michelle Haag and pkcable like this.
    02-24-12 01:40 PM
    This game looks great. Will definitely download once I get my playbook.

EDIT: Out of curiosity/impatience, what is the flash game it's inspired by?
    02-24-12 02:00 PM
    Hey, great to hear from you!
    I might be interested in providing some free music to use for this. If you want to check out a couple of my tracks that are sort of Game related go here:
    Paul Martin Brown
    Scroll down and listen to Marios Fishing Trip and WoWoWoWoW
    Have lots more too but I am sure you'll find Marios fishing trip is quite Game like ;-)

Some of my Perseids album would also be great for some games.

Anyways if interested just drop me a mail or pm here and we can discuss.
    Cheers
    Paul
    I am on my laptop, my little brother (14 years old) is visiting me and he's playing Run In Crowd. I checked out your mp3 tracks and as I was playing Mario's Fishin' Trip he said, that sounds like a good track for this game [He didn't know where or what I was doing on my laptop]

Nice tracks
    Last edited by bounce007; 02-24-12 at 04:52 PM.
    02-24-12 04:40 PM
    Yes, it is.

You must believe me This is no truly realtime multiplayer, since on mobile networks we can very long delays, and undesirable to produce big traffic. But all runners - like a ghosts, somewhere in past(no older than one day) someone runs and now he make a company to you And one of these runners is you in past. "Your best result" appeared above him.

Oh, i'm revealed all the secrets and must be killed by my partner.
    Really..that is interesting - nice way to give us an easy multiplayer method without having to deal with lag/waiting issues with normal multiplayer games. I think you should mention this more clearly in the game description, I had a hard time figuring out what it meant by multiplayer originally. I am guessing others will too.

I am wondering if you can include the leaderboard options that sort based on:

Highest score on our first try for the level
    How many tries it took to get highest overall score

Or something like that. It might give us a better idea of how well we play..someone can play a daily level for hours and memorize every jump to get a crazy score..while most of us may play it 1-5 times. It would be cool to be able to compare to those that don't play the level more than say, 5 or 10 times daily.
    02-24-12 09:48 PM
    cant wait for top scores, i like like 10 times in a row its fun!
    02-24-12 09:52 PM
    Or something like that. It might give us a better idea of how well we play..someone can play a daily level for hours and memorize every jump to get a crazy score..while most of us may play it 1-5 times. It would be cool to be able to compare to those that don't play the level more than say, 5 or 10 times daily.
    I think it is interesting proposal. Will discuss with a partner.
    02-24-12 11:19 PM
    moad, are you able to tell us how many people have downloaded your game so far? I kind of wish AppWorld showed download counts for each app.
    02-25-12 03:47 AM
    would be great if theres multiplayer support for challenge..
    with 2 or even more people playing and starting at the same time
    02-25-12 09:19 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD