Hi everyone,

am a new bb user and own a pb which i got for xmas been checking out this forum for weeks now and finally just registered today as a member. I am having some problem here and am not sure if it is ok to ask cos i understand how in forums sometime others have also had the same issue and had posted asking for help. I have actually tried searching through the forums but to no avail so here goes and please forgive me if it has been asked before maybe someone can kindly point me towards the correct thread for help.

I just bought this app called KVADgroup Photo studio pro. am wondering why it did not ask me for an activation code as after i purchased it a notice came up telling me i would have to key in the code as i first use the app. another weird thing is as i had used the free version before the pro version shows up at the add on section in the pro version (does that sound confusing?) and it says it is not installed when i actually have the pro version installed and am using it so am kind of confused here right now :S

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

curious cat
    01-12-13 08:29 AM
    did you delete the non-pro version before buying?
    In principle, native apps that you bought on a PB do not need an activation code, because they are linked to your machine. Now, some apps that are translated from other platforms sometimes indeed ask, or at least are related to a specific key. In such a case your key will appear when you go to "App World", and select "My apps" (there you see the list of all you bought on the PB). Alongside with your PhotoStudio app you should have the code.
    If really nothing of the above does work, you also can try deleting and reinstalling the app: because you bought it, even when deleted you still have a right to reinstall it (for free this time) from within the same location: app world, 'my apps' (this at least until the app price would change in a future version)
    01-12-13 09:47 AM
    If really nothing of the above does work, you also can try deleting and reinstalling the app: because you bought it, even when deleted you still have a right to reinstall it (for free this time) from within the same location: app world, 'my apps' (this at least until the app price would change in a future version)
    This I dont like from app world, I got these apps on sale, some of them were free, when I change my 16GB PB for a 32 one, all the apps that I got on sale had to be repaid! Hello no!!! So I don't have them anymore. I refuse to repay for them.
    01-12-13 10:19 AM
    If you still have problems you can contact rim

[email protected]
    01-12-13 10:26 AM
    Hey guys thanks for replying!

Herve no did not delete the free version until i had downloaded the pro version. i think i will uninstall pro version and reinstall it again and see what happens. thanks!

@juacas - ah thanks for the heads up, doubt i be getting a bb phone so soon but even than will just stick to using that app on my playbook,

@F2 thanks for that advise as well. if problem still persists i will email rim. will go test it out now

did you delete the non-pro version before buying?
    In principle, native apps that you bought on a PB do not need an activation code, because they are linked to your machine. Now, some apps that are translated from other platforms sometimes indeed ask, or at least are related to a specific key. In such a case your key will appear when you go to "App World", and select "My apps" (there you see the list of all you bought on the PB). Alongside with your PhotoStudio app you should have the code.
    01-12-13 11:06 AM
    uh oh no good. after uninstalling it i could not find it in my uninstalled section and i went to apps instead to look for it to reinstall it , it is asking me to purchase it again >.> looks like i should email rim or contact the devs directly?
    01-12-13 11:20 AM
    Try going through the reinstall, it will sometimes come up with the price but when you click to continue it just installs without charging.

If it does go wrong and you do get charged again contact [email protected] and they'll r fund the extra.
    01-12-13 11:29 AM
    This I dont like from app world, I got these apps on sale, some of them were free, when I change my 16GB PB for a 32 one, all the apps that I got on sale had to be repaid! Hello no!!! So I don't have them anymore. I refuse to repay for them.
    Yes I have about 10 like that. They should remember the version and allow you to reinstall even if you can't get later versions. I'm going to permanently delete those ones once we get the version of app world that allows it.
    01-12-13 11:33 AM
    ah kk thanks djenkins

Try going through the reinstall, it will sometimes come up with the price but when you click to continue it just installs without charging.

If it does go wrong and you do get charged again contact [email protected] and they'll r fund the extra.
    01-12-13 12:15 PM
    oo yea just rebooted my PB now it shows it as reinstall for me ty very much everyone for being so patient and kind )
    01-12-13 12:39 PM
    If you use the same blackberry I'D for both the 16 gig and the 32 gig. You do not have to purchase the apps again. They will show up in the app world app in My World uninstalled. Select reinstall.
    01-12-13 01:22 PM