I haven't encountered any of those problems yet... but to pm someone from the app, click to see your pm's. Then click on that pm and respond. If you wish to create a new one, then click on their username and pm
    thanks. not working for me though. click anywhere on the pm? nothing happens on mine
    02-27-13 05:35 PM
    ok, figured out pm's. you tap on the pm subject/title. btw, back arrow either doesn't work here, or pressing multiple times goes to home screen
    02-27-13 05:47 PM
    Back button works for me but only once I have chosen a forum room say like this one we are in. I could hit back button here. My back button does not take me home. But still love this app
    02-27-13 11:31 PM
    Strange, for me whenever the back button is used it takes me to the front forum page & then have to re-navigate through sub-levels. Thats a bit of a pain, particularly when you only want to go back one level.
    02-27-13 11:36 PM
    Uninstall the app, reboot your PB and then reinstall the app. It might still have some old data stored
    02-28-13 01:23 AM
    did what you suggested. no change. tried from a subscribed thread and from a pm. back to home screen each time
    02-28-13 08:05 PM
    Thats very weird. I don't have that problem at all. Maybe beta 6.3 will fix it for you when it is released.

Are you sure you pressed the button just once ?
    03-01-13 12:47 AM
    Fingers crossed. I also did the reinstall, same thing - going 'back' goes to the home. Fingers crossed for 6.3. Good work so far.
    03-01-13 12:40 PM
    Fingers crossed. I also did the reinstall, same thing - going 'back' goes to the home. Fingers crossed for 6.3. Good work so far.
    Which OS are you running ? The latest ?
    03-01-13 01:34 PM
    this doesn't happen to me. when i click back, it goes back to the forum. it must be a but theyre encountering
    03-01-13 02:17 PM
    Which OS are you running ? The latest ?
    latest os here too. pressed only once. its cool though, I am axious for the update. you've announced some great changes. upon release, I will delete old beta, restart, and then install.

so weird that it works for some. so just to clarify, when you others open up a thread, or subscribed thread, then open a post, when you press back it goes back to the thread and not the home screen? lies all lies
    03-01-13 07:00 PM
    No lies, it's very true.
    03-01-13 08:24 PM
    Beta 6.3

new login-screen. no website-login needed !

edit; I'm now testing the app, I'll release the new beta today if everything works fine
    nappp and DevSteven like this.
    03-03-13 12:14 PM
    Beta 6.3 is now available !

new features:

Themes
    New login screen
    'Open Link'
    bug fixes

PM me to receive the beta 6.3
    DevSteven and nappp like this.
    03-03-13 01:11 PM
    looking forward to testing out out. deleted old beta and restarting to install new beta now
    03-03-13 03:56 PM
    back button worked like it should for about 30 mins. changed the theme and now the previous issue returned. changed it back to random, but didn't fix.
    03-03-13 04:36 PM
    restarted app. worked again then randomly stopped. app might just be finicky in this area. I will focus on other parts of the app to test
    03-03-13 04:43 PM
    On which page are you experiencing the 'back button' bug ?
    03-04-13 12:30 AM
    Its very finicky and random. After opening a PM is where I notice it the most. That is not where the problem is entirely though. After about 10 mins of using the app i notice the app working differently. The back button either wont work at all, although the high above it does highlight, or the back button will go to the home page. It does appear that once this bug begins, it will continue until the app is restarted. Even though that only gains me about 10/15 mins before it begins again. My thoughts is that the lag of the program has something to do with it, and pressing once with no effect stores the function somehow so every press of the back button is actually a second press. but that is just a random idea.

I know it was mentioned that you can intentionally press it twice to go to the home page. can this function be removed? i have no need for it as you have home inside of the menu. maybe this will fix this particular bug. making the back button as simple as possible, like pressing backspace on a webpage to go back to previous or something. thanks for continuing to look into this. it is my biggest challenge of the app at this point
    jeroen_13 likes this.
    03-04-13 09:20 AM
    Its very finicky and random. After opening a PM is where I notice it the most. That is not where the problem is entirely though. After about 10 mins of using the app i notice the app working differently. The back button either wont work at all, although the high above it does highlight, or the back button will go to the home page. It does appear that once this bug begins, it will continue until the app is restarted. Even though that only gains me about 10/15 mins before it begins again. My thoughts is that the lag of the program has something to do with it, and pressing once with no effect stores the function somehow so every press of the back button is actually a second press. but that is just a random idea.

I know it was mentioned that you can intentionally press it twice to go to the home page. can this function be removed? i have no need for it as you have home inside of the menu. maybe this will fix this particular bug. making the back button as simple as possible, like pressing backspace on a webpage to go back to previous or something. thanks for continuing to look into this. it is my biggest challenge of the app at this point
    the different behavior might be triggered by the 'home button'. every time you use the 'home' button (left sided menu) it reloads the WHOLE app source codes.
    i'll change that to show the 'home-menu' as a page (like all the other pages.) that might fix it !

EDIT:

It does appear that once this bug begins, it will continue until the app is restarted. Even though that only gains me about 10/15 mins before it begins again. My thoughts is that the lag of the program has something to do with it
    I know what it might could be: Cache is full, and will be deleted when the app is closed. it might causes all the bugs, including the back-button lagg.

I'll fix it in Beta 6.4

BTW I posted beta 6.3 to the appworld, but i'll update it directly when Beta 6.4 is finished

thanks for such great feedback
    Last edited by jeroen_13; 03-04-13 at 10:50 AM.
    03-04-13 10:35 AM
    Awesome to hear. I found one work around for when the back button is pressed and nothing happens. 99% of the time if i open the menu on the left, then close it, the back button will work again. Does this go along with your findings of the cache being full?
    03-04-13 10:58 AM
    Awesome to hear. I found one work around for when the back button is pressed and nothing happens. 99% of the time if i open the menu on the left, then close it, the back button will work again. Does this go along with your findings of the cache being full?
    Should be fixed in 6.4 !

PS on the 'homescreen' of the app, swipe down from the top bezel (dropdown-swipe) for a supprise
    DevSteven and nappp like this.
    03-04-13 11:25 AM
    looking forward to it!
    03-04-13 12:27 PM
    looking forward to it!
    i repackaged the updated version of Beta 6.3 --> 6.3.1
    i'll PM you the 6.3.1 version to see if that fixes it.

changelog:

Home (left sided menu) onclick will now show the homescreen instead of reloading the whole app
    added an 'open in browser' button (right sided menu) doesnt work - i'll look at it
    added new font + text to login screen

testing it now
    03-04-13 01:04 PM
    Looking good. Works much better! Back button hasn't gone to homescreen yet. Sometimes the back button doesn't do anything but my solution of opening menu and closing it corrects the issue fine. Much more usable now. Underneath subscribed threads could participated threads be added too?

Btw, swiped the top bezel. Will 6.4 be the same option, or do you have something else planned?
    03-04-13 06:46 PM
285 ... 45678 ...