That is odd - the developer said on his support forum that he'd be able to fix a couple of issues on the PB, but that it'd be after 9/6 as he would be on vacation. We'll see...?
    09-05-12 03:56 AM
    Apparently there was a bug in the RIM developer tools that caused the app to expire prematurely or something like that. Dmitry plans to post a fixed version in the next 1-2 days.
    09-05-12 08:22 AM
    All I want from an updated Media player on the PlayBook is full support of Bridged files/music. I want to be able to store all my music on my phone's SD card and access it from the PlayBook - - - and not one song at a time. I want to be able to select an album on my phone and play the entire thing, uninterrupted.
    09-05-12 08:46 AM
    This looks very promising. Can anyone confirm if it can support multiple playlists?

Thanks
    09-05-12 08:51 AM
    Update in App World today. Unfortunately it didn't appear to fix the M3U issue
    trinipoco likes this.
    09-07-12 09:01 AM
    Update in App World today. Unfortunately it didn't appear to fix the M3U issue
    I think that the update is just a newly signed version of the existing program to fix the failure to launch issue.

Dmitry seems to stay on top of things and responds to development requests so if you post something in the Neutron forums, it should get his attention.
    09-07-12 09:21 AM
    I think that the update is just a newly signed version of the existing program to fix the failure to launch issue.

Dmitry seems to stay on top of things and responds to development requests so if you post something in the Neutron forums, it should get his attention.
    It's been posted and discussed there and he thinks it's a simple fix
    09-07-12 09:44 AM
    It's back up on appworld... giving it a go.

how do i get it to find my music the autoscan button isnt working.
    Last edited by batkinson001; 09-07-12 at 09:59 AM.
    09-07-12 09:54 AM
    It's back up on appworld... giving it a go.

how do i get it to find my music the autoscan button isnt working.
    I just pointed it to my music folder using manual.. Don't want it adding anything other than music.

This player is just full of awesome - best sound quality I've heard from any other player. Well worth the $5 (of course that's helped by the PB's great speakers). Also, love the preamp gain function (if it detects distortion it will automatically lower the gain/volume) and the bandpass filter as well to protect the speakers. I could go on and on......

The UI definitely needs some work (especially in portrait) - looks real cluttered. But really, who's looking at the player when listening to music?
    xtech22 likes this.
    09-08-12 05:44 PM
    I just just got this player and all I can say is.."IT'S FREAKING AWESOME".
    09-09-12 02:55 AM
    I have been using this player for a few days and I really like it. I like the configurability of it and it does sound good - as good as the PlayBook allows, of course.

I would like to see some measurements or analysis of the audio quality of the PlayBook using the headphone jack. The Wolfson DAC is great, but if the amplifier section is mediocre then that is all that matters in the end.

My 64GB PlayBook holds much more than my 30GB iPod Video, but using the line-out dock and a portable headphone amp, the iPod is hard to beat, SQ-wise. If the PB comes close or matches, I will switch to it for the majority of my listening.
    09-10-12 09:04 AM
    Anyone have any issues with neutron finding their Album art?
    09-21-12 02:09 PM
    I had my PB connected to the TV yesterday via HDMI. Thought I'd play a song with this app. No audio over HDMI?

Still can't figure out how to create a playlist. But that's OK, as the PB's music player can create it's own.

I have to agree with the reviews that state the GUI is oddly peculiar.
    09-24-12 07:59 AM
    is it an android app?
    09-24-12 08:16 AM
    I had my PB connected to the TV yesterday via HDMI. Thought I'd play a song with this app. No audio over HDMI?

Still can't figure out how to create a playlist. But that's OK, as the PB's music player can create it's own.

I have to agree with the reviews that state the GUI is oddly peculiar.

How does one create multiple playlists with PlayBook?
    09-24-12 08:29 AM
    I suggest you guys sign up for the dev's support forum. He's really helpful and is on there almost everyday with quick replies.

Neutronmp Forum Index

"Re: Create New Playlist?
    by dmitrykos � Mon May 07, 2012 1:37 am

The convenient playlist management UI is still needs to be implemented. For now you have possibility to create file based playlist as following:
    1) Add desired music entries into Queue
    2) Long press Queue and press the EXPORT button
    3) After exporting you will notice new entry appeared in Playlists section, it will be named: queue_xxxx.m3u8

By using these steps you can create as many file based playlists as needed.

Best regards,
    Dmitry."
    09-24-12 04:52 PM
    is it an android app?
    I believe it is native, though there is an android version too. The Android player does not run when I open the player.
    09-24-12 04:55 PM
    How does one create multiple playlists with PlayBook?
    Dunno Have to live with one I guess.

Thanks twstd, I'll get there eventually, however I'm a strong believer in "USER FRIENDLY"/intuitive programming for the interface. Something sadly lacking in this case.
    09-25-12 03:00 PM
    The UI definitely needs some work (especially in portrait) - looks real cluttered. But really, who's looking at the player when listening to music?
    The UI is not good. But the features are excellent. The UI is the only thing that bugs me about this software...
    09-25-12 05:14 PM
    Dunno Have to live with one I guess.

Thanks twstd, I'll get there eventually, however I'm a strong believer in "USER FRIENDLY"/intuitive programming for the interface. Something sadly lacking in this case.
    Playlists are a text file with references to the tracks so they can be created manually. Also, playlists can be created on other systems and will work on the pb. I've got more than one. They are m3u files.

Look like:

#EXTM3U
    #EXTINF:494,Debussy - Debussy - La Mer - From Dawn till Noon on the Sea
    Debussy La Mer Iberia\Debussy - La Mer 01 From Dawn till Noon on the Sea.mp3
    #EXTINF:386,Debussy - Debussy - La Mer - Play of the Waves
    Debussy La Mer Iberia\Debussy - La Mer 02 Play of the Waves.mp3
    #EXTINF:470,Debussy - Debussy - La Mer - Dialogue of the Wind and the Sea
    Debussy La Mer Iberia\Debussy - La Mer 03 Dialogue of the Wind and the Sea.mp3
    09-25-12 11:27 PM
    Do the PB hardware buttons work for anyone? play / prev / next buttons as they do in the native music app? mine don't seem to! Also i cant seem to search the neutron forum, every search I do returns an error telling me my search terms are ignored

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: playbook.
    You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."
    10-01-12 11:24 AM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD