Found this yesterday:

Buy Neutron Music Player - Download Neutron Music Player - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

At $5 it's a bit pricey... wondering if anyone has had a chance to try it out (especially anyone who can compare with FLAC Player).

DP
    08-21-12 10:54 AM
    The reviews look good. Aside from what I've read about the UI, it sounds like a winner. Gonna buy it right now - thanks for the heads up!!
    08-21-12 11:08 AM
    Found this yesterday:

Buy Neutron Music Player - Download Neutron Music Player - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

At $5 it's a bit pricey... wondering if anyone has had a chance to try it out (especially anyone who can compare with FLAC Player).

DP
    I was wondering the same thing myself. There are a few positive reviews on the site about the app.. so I might take the plunge and buy it.
    08-21-12 11:12 AM
    Holy s**t this app is great so far.

The EQ makes it a win. I don't know what the reviewer was smoking when he was talking about the UI though. It's a bit different, but it's HARDLY clunky or difficult to use.

If you have the $5 and this app appeals to you, I'd say grab it.
    08-21-12 11:24 AM
    Bought this application yesterday.

I have a lot of mp4 music videos in video folder of playbook. But it doesn't recognise those videos. When I copied a few videos from video folder to music folder it instantly recognised them.

But I want to know how can we make it recognise my videos in video folder itself, as the same app does on any android device automatically?
    08-21-12 01:53 PM
    Bought this application yesterday.

I have a lot of mp4 music videos in video folder of playbook. But it doesn't recognise those videos. When I copied a few videos from video folder to music folder it instantly recognised them.

But I want to know how can we make it recognise my videos in video folder itself, as the same app does on any android device automatically?
    Sorry to not answer your question but you've raised one for me - does this app play VIDEO? I see it plays AC3 which some videos contain for their audio track. Or does it only play the audio track from those mp4 videos you mention?
    08-21-12 03:03 PM
    Sorry to not answer your question but you've raised one for me - does this app play VIDEO? I see it plays AC3 which some videos contain for their audio track. Or does it only play the audio track from those mp4 videos you mention?
    Just audio - but it kinda bridges that "wah there's no EQ on the PlayBook music player" gap. Too bad it's not part of the actual music player, but it's honestly pretty good from what I've used of it so far!
    08-21-12 03:43 PM
    Is this an android app, or PB native?
    08-21-12 04:33 PM
    Is this an android app, or PB native?
    Looks like an Android port...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ncode.mp&hl=en
    08-21-12 04:39 PM
    I'd like to know as well if its' a native app.
    08-21-12 04:42 PM
    None of the screen shots have the tell tale sign of the Android Back Arrow which can be a give away in some appworld pages.
    08-21-12 04:59 PM
    I think it's native on PlayBook. It's native even on Android, not making use of the Android SDK according to their website.
    08-21-12 07:14 PM
    It seems to be built for multiple platforms, as it doesn't use the Android player. One thing for certain, it is the absolute best player i've used so far. With a pair of Etymotic ear buds, the PB, and this app you won't find any better sound. I absolutely love it and if you appreciate good sound as well as a well made smooth and easy music player, this one is the cat's a$$.
    PS: Yea, I'm the "fifty stars" review guy. No, I don't have any stake or involvement in the developing company.
    Last edited by Beakman; 08-21-12 at 07:37 PM.
    08-21-12 07:19 PM
    This is a native application. I tried to make sure of it before purchasing (I'll hold onto $5 before I put it toward a ported Android app).

Honestly, it's only $5 and it's a NATIVE app with an EQ. If you wanted to play music from your PlayBook, and have an EQ, just buy the app!
    08-22-12 08:29 AM
    This is a native application. I tried to make sure of it before purchasing (I'll hold onto $5 before I put it toward a ported Android app).

Honestly, it's only $5 and it's a NATIVE app with an EQ. If you wanted to play music from your PlayBook, and have an EQ, just buy the app!
    i bought the application and I am not satisfied.
    The interface is pretty ordinary and the equalizer is not very effective.
    In addition to that, the reader bug in multitasking. it's not worth $ 5.00!

Steph
    CygnusX-1 likes this.
    08-22-12 10:40 PM
    i bought the application and I am not satisfied.
    The interface is pretty ordinary and the equalizer is not very effective.
    In addition to that, the reader bug in multitasking. it's not worth $ 5.00!

Steph
    Would you be so kind as to telling us how you are using the equalizer, with what speakers, files, etc., that you come to the conclusion that is is ineffective? Your overall description of this app's utility seems pretty much incredible, from my experience with it and with actual household and professional sound hardware.
    08-23-12 05:02 AM
    After reading this thread, I went ahead and purchased Neutron......not bad, not bad at all. I like it and recommend it. Just what I was looking for in audio enhancement. KOOL
    08-23-12 10:46 AM
    I bought it and it is a superb audio player...well worth the $5.00 simply for gapless playback.

What would send this player over the moon is if it was able to access files off of a local network.
    08-23-12 02:40 PM
    I bought it and it is a superb audio player...well worth the $5.00 simply for gapless playback.

What would send this player over the moon is if it was able to access files off of a local network.
    I was thinking about this, and then I'm obsessed with Subsonic so then I was dreaming of Subsonic integration.

To be honest though, all this app is lacking as far as I'm concerned is the integration of the PlayBook's media buttons. Even just play/pause would be cool - but volume to seek would be DY-NO-MITE!
    08-23-12 03:11 PM
    I was thinking about this, and then I'm obsessed with Subsonic so then I was dreaming of Subsonic integration.

To be honest though, all this app is lacking as far as I'm concerned is the integration of the PlayBook's media buttons. Even just play/pause would be cool - but volume to seek would be DY-NO-MITE!
    The audiophile capabilities of this player are amazing. I only have a 16gb PB with about 8gb free. On my home network I have about 100gb of mp3's. If I could access those with this player then I would be in audio bliss.
    08-23-12 04:16 PM
    The audiophile capabilities of this player are amazing. I only have a 16gb PB with about 8gb free. On my home network I have about 100gb of mp3's. If I could access those with this player then I would be in audio bliss.
    Same! Subsonic works great via the browser, but it's still the browser - and SonicAir is pretty clunky...
    08-23-12 06:15 PM
    Congratulations to Neutron!

A vast improvement on the native playbook music player, an insane amount of audio tweaks available. Well worth the $5.

I do find, however, the look of the native music player much easier on the eye, and much easier to use. Neutron has some frustrating elements, such as the music list. How do I get the folder list to be the default list? The list that shows on my playbook is of songs in no particular order. How can I get the music list to be in alpha order?

And as far as I can tell, the buttons on the top of the playbook for volume and ff, rw and pause only work for volume - the ff and rw do not work work for Neutron - or is there something in the settings to tweak this?
    08-23-12 06:31 PM
    I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but no matter how many times I try to ENQUEUE an existing playlist, the queue remains empty.

Otherwise, I like the other features. However, like others, I'm not so sold on the interface - it seems things are laid out a bit odd. I'd prefer the standard "swipe down" to get into the settings and not have to hunt for them (the first time, anyway)...

UPDATE: Looking around Neutron's support forum, it seems they have some issues dealing with paths in M3U files. I suspect that they need to update things for M3U's sync'd with DM. I'll be adding a post over there if the site ever sends me my account activation e-mail
    Last edited by hytran; 08-24-12 at 11:05 AM.
    08-24-12 10:35 AM
    I agree with the posters who say its a strange UI and not entirely to my taste. But boy does it deliver on sound.

I get the odd interruption when doing other things but this is without doubt the best music player...and I can even stream my planet rock

Cheers
    08-24-12 11:59 AM
    Bummer. App World says that it is no longer available.
    09-04-12 10:26 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD