Hi Everyone,

I'm the developer of a new app for PlayBook and BB10 named "iTunes Share" that I wanted to bring to everyones attention. I'm giving it away for free now but that may change later. As you may have guessed it allows you to connect wirelessly and sync your iTunes collection to your device. I would say its unique in that it allows you to view every file in your iTunes collection and download them individually if you want PLUS it lets you upload media from your device to your computer and automatically adds it to your iTunes collection for you. To make everything easier there's a built in media player so you can play the files on your device or just downloaded.

"ShareIT" is a similar application except in addition to all the functionality of "iTunes Share", it allows you to access any file on your computer AND add as many remote computers as you like. So I have my computer and a few friends computers on mine and its cool seeing there iTunes playlist and share files back and forth.

anyways... please check it out and I look forward to any feedback, cheers!

iTunes Share
    BlackBerry World - iTunes Share for PlayBook

ShareIT!
    BlackBerry World - ShareIT! for PlayBook

More Info....
    ShareIT! Personal Cloud Instructions - Turner TeKnologies
    01-25-13 05:01 PM
    I will try it, thanks
    01-25-13 05:17 PM
    NICE!

I don't use iTunes any more though.
    01-25-13 08:30 PM
    i dont use itunes except for podcasts so will give this a try when i get my mits on a bb10

this will be perfect for customers coming from an iphone or have an apple ecosystem going on
    01-25-13 11:30 PM
    Will definitely give it a try
    01-26-13 01:01 AM
    Just noticed, there's no Mac version for the desktop client??
    01-26-13 04:37 AM
    Certainly looks interesting, I'll be giving this a test over the weekend
    01-26-13 05:02 AM
    Is this an android port?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-26-13 05:37 AM
    i dont use itunes except for podcasts so will give this a try when i get my mits on a bb10

this will be perfect for customers coming from an iphone or have an apple ecosystem going on
    Same with me, I only use iTunes for downloading my "Starting from Scratch" podcast. If you don't know about it you should check it out. He's one of the best Toronto (world) DJ's!

Just noticed, there's no Mac version for the desktop client??
    Working on a mac version now. hopefully it will be an easy conversion (but it never is)

Is this an android port?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    No, not an android port. Created using ActionScript for BB10 then decided to modify it for PlayBook. For future versions I'll make it look prettier!
    01-26-13 10:36 AM
    The PC App installed Ok (no errors) and I could see the cloud icon in the tray area, however when I moved the mouse over it, it disappeared and running the link shows the App is not running.
    Also I would have expected the Firewall to ask permission to let the App have access outside the PC.

Using Window 7 32 bit.
    01-27-13 11:39 AM
    I can't get it to work either despite installing, removing and re-installing many times.

I was able to allow my firewall to put it on "exceptions" list but neither the whole program nor just iTunes portion is connecting with my computer.

Keeps asking me to give security allow even though I have.

Keep getting a runtime error on pc which is then shutting internet explorer down.

....M
    01-27-13 02:23 PM
    it seems the app need permision to acces the wifi. but when you go under security setting >app permision share it is not listed nor does it ask u for those, firewall setting are set to allowed in my pc and client seems to be working fine. by the way I been trying with share it, would of tried itunes dhare but I don't use itunes anymore, however I did install the itunes app and notice in app permisions it only ask for file acces permisions but not for wifi. you think that migth have something to do with it

edit: I was wrong the app is now working fine. don't know how only thing I changed was adding a password to the pc client, then modify in pb app.
    Last edited by osbook; 01-27-13 at 07:32 PM.
    01-27-13 04:27 PM
    The PC App installed Ok (no errors) and I could see the cloud icon in the tray area, however when I moved the mouse over it, it disappeared and running the link shows the App is not running.
    Also I would have expected the Firewall to ask permission to let the App have access outside the PC.

Using Window 7 32 bit.

I haven't encountered the same issue as your having when installing on 32bit Windows 7. If your still experiencing the issue please email me at [email protected] and I'd love to troubleshoot what could be happening.

The only security permissions the PlayBook applications need are for file access!

For the desktop application, try selecting the "Troubleshoot" menu item when right clicking on the icon. This feature will try and correct any configuration problems including firewall entries.
    01-28-13 10:58 AM
    hey I been having trouble uploading files to my pc from my pb. they do upload but most get corrupted. I tried doing one file at a time but most I had to try more than once to upload altough they appear to be fine they get corrupted, one example is a video I had, on playbook it plays fine but when transfered only the first few sec the video iz viewable then counter keeps on going but image and sound stoped.
    01-30-13 07:28 PM
    hey I been having trouble uploading files to my pc from my pb. they do upload but most get corrupted. I tried doing one file at a time but most I had to try more than once to upload altough they appear to be fine they get corrupted, one example is a video I had, on playbook it plays fine but when transfered only the first few sec the video iz viewable then counter keeps on going but image and sound stoped.
    Hey osbook! Thanks for the feedback, I havent been experiencing this but Ill try with more video files and post an update with any fixes required.
    osbook likes this.
    02-01-13 04:05 PM
    Is it possible to share multiple users on the PC end

In our set up four of us have different logins to the home PC which is running Windows 7, but when you install shareit although you it asks you if everyone should have access it only seems to point the shares of the person who actually installed it
    02-09-13 05:00 AM
    Is it possible to share multiple users on the PC end
    In our set up four of us have different logins to the home PC which is running Windows 7, but when you install shareit although you it asks you if everyone should have access it only seems to point the shares of the person who actually installed it
    Hey tkgafs,

Unfortunatley I havent accounted for multiple users on a PC each having there own Shares! Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I'll try and find a solution for the next release of the PC application!
    02-10-13 11:22 PM
    Hey TommyBrown

I installed iTunes Share on my Z10 and ShareIt on my PC. When trying to sync, i get the following error on my phone:

"You have not granted ITunes Share! permission to access the internet.......... navigate to: Security --> iTunes Share --> Internet and Selected 'Allowed"

On my Z10, I go into System Settings --> Security and Privacy --> Application Permissions --> iTunes Share. I only see an option to turn on or off 'Share Files'. I try another way of just going to Internet from the Permissions pull down menu and I don't see iTunes Share.

I already entered my PC IP address in the Settings page but I did not enter a password (not sure what would put for a password)

Help?
    03-03-13 02:53 PM
    I have downloaded the pc version and the playbook version. However whenever I click on 'find' - it tells me that I have not 'allowed' and to go to settings, security, itunesshareit (internet) and set to allow. I can go as far as ituneshareit and allow it - there is no option for 'internet'. Can you please assist?
    03-04-13 06:48 PM
    Hey TommyBrown

I installed iTunes Share on my Z10 and ShareIt on my PC. When trying to sync, i get the following error on my phone:

"You have not granted ITunes Share! permission to access the internet.......... navigate to: Security --> iTunes Share --> Internet and Selected 'Allowed"

On my Z10, I go into System Settings --> Security and Privacy --> Application Permissions --> iTunes Share. I only see an option to turn on or off 'Share Files'. I try another way of just going to Internet from the Permissions pull down menu and I don't see iTunes Share.

I already entered my PC IP address in the Settings page but I did not enter a password (not sure what would put for a password)

Help?
    Hey lamerking,

Sorry for the late reply, Ive been converting ShareIT to MAC. Are you still experiencing this issue. I know a few people who encountered the same issue and it seems to have resolved itself after awhile? I'm not sure whether its a problem with a newly installed "iTunes Share" application or a newly installed "PC ShareIT" application. It will be hard for me to troubleshoot this as I don't have a Z10 myself yet!!

Please get back to me at "[email protected]" and Ill help troubleshoot. In the immediate, I would try restarting the computer you installed ShareIT it on. Wait five minutes after the ShareIT icon is visible for the server to start. Then try connecting again using the find button from iTunes Share, otherwise try putting in the lan IP again!

thanks for the feedback!
    03-07-13 03:37 PM
    I have downloaded the pc version and the playbook version. However whenever I click on 'find' - it tells me that I have not 'allowed' and to go to settings, security, itunesshareit (internet) and set to allow. I can go as far as ituneshareit and allow it - there is no option for 'internet'. Can you please assist?
    Hi wendreid,

This seems to be a re-occurring issue with new installs. Are you still experiencing this issue? If not please let me know what changed to get it working otherwise if its still happening please contact me at "[email protected]" and Ill help you troubleshoot.
    03-07-13 04:13 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Ive released a few updates on the applications to solve a few of the issues addressed in this thread. Please check them out and thanks!

1. Released the MAC version of the desktop software

2. Updated the PC version of the desktop software

3. Updated both the "iTunes Share" and "ShareIT" BB10 applications
    03-27-13 10:51 AM
    On another note, Next update might include separating iTunes content into their individual Playlists so then you can download everything OR individual playlists OR individual songs......

more control is better
    03-27-13 04:39 PM
    I recently downloaded the mac version of shareit, but after the download was complete it did not show up in my task try nor did it create a playlist in my itunes. Additionally, I am having the same problem as a previous replier with allowing the application to have internet access.
    04-17-13 04:27 PM
    I recently downloaded the mac version of shareit, but after the download was complete it did not show up in my task try nor did it create a playlist in my itunes. Additionally, I am having the same problem as a previous replier with allowing the application to have internet access.
    hi Brian,

I will have to update the web site for MAC users since the mac version works differently! Typically the MAC version is background process you wont be able to see running. You can test if it is running by clicking the following link.

ShareIT! MAC/PC Test!

You should see the following text on your browser if the application is running properly "ShareIT! Personal Cloud is running... on a mac!".

It wont create a playlist in your iTunes Application for you. So it will share all your iTunes files initially. But if you create the playlist named "ShareIT! Personal Cloud" (exactly as typed). It will share only the files listed in that playlist.

The internet access message should be resolved in an update coming out soon. Typically if you can verify that ShareIT is running in the background of your MAC through the link above then you should verify that your device is connected to the same wifi network as your MAC and you should be able to connect no problem.

let me know how it works out!
    04-18-13 03:39 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD