Hello everyone!

I am pleased to introduce Skate Fighter for the BlackBerry PlayBook, a 2D Skateboarding and side-scrolling style game.

Buy Skate Fighter - Download Skate Fighter - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

you can watch a demo video here: (video captured from actual Playbook game play)
    Skate Fighter Mobile

It is currently priced at $0.99 US. A modified free version will be launched in the future as well.

I look forward to hearing any reviews, comments or suggestions.

-Nick
    Last edited by SFplaybook; 06-17-12 at 01:22 PM.
    04-13-12 04:38 PM
    Looks fun and all but for my personal opinion it does not have that flashing appeal known apps get maybe if had different controls and online multiplayer I might buy it but sadly it does not maybe when try out free version I might change my opinion?
    04-13-12 06:42 PM
    Looks good I will purchase it when I get the chance.
    04-13-12 07:54 PM
    Thanks Bullseye!

CptArm3D, I agree it can benefit from a little bit of a visual makeover. I will post here when I add the free version soon, hopefully by then I'll get a chance to at least change the look of the controls a little bit.
    04-21-12 09:44 AM
    Looks fun and all but for my personal opinion it does not have that flashing appeal known apps get maybe if had different controls and online multiplayer I might buy it but sadly it does not maybe when try out free version I might change my opinion?
    every app cant be a flagship.

i dont think every dev expects their app/game to be a flagship...
    04-21-12 10:32 AM
    Hi there!

Just a heads up, I've updated Skate Fighter with 16 more levels (32 total) and a global high score system using Scoreoid.

Also, I have an email form within the game with an option to send anonymous comments/suggestions. I have no way to reply when the user decides to be anonymous, but I do read all of them and wanted to say thank you for all the positive feedback and suggestions!

Thanks
    -Nick
    06-17-12 01:20 PM
    Me and my son love the game. Awesome!!!!
    06-18-12 08:35 AM
    Things I noticed in the new update (yes I bought the game after a long thought, and guess what...I loved it)
    1.16 new levels (Thanks)
    2.Lighting has change
    3.Controls have improved
    4.It's still the funniest platformer out there!

Things u can do to improve the experience.
    1.Add Coustumization to the game like with every coin u get u can buy costumes for your character or upgrades that can make jump higher,stick to walls, or go extremely fast.
    2.Add different skateboards,people, and add voices to all the character like the monkey has.
    3.And more levels if you can, or a editor to make your own levels.

Thanks for reading, from
    CptArm3D
    06-18-12 01:34 PM
    Thanks szparaj!

Thanks CptArm3D, I appreciate the detailed feedback it really helps. I also noticed your on the leader board!

I felt it was most important to update more levels first, but I do want to add more again and possibly a level editor or random level generator. I also want to add pretty much everything you said.

I actually never changed the controls yet like I had planned...well, there was one very slight change with the jump button but that's all.

Thanks again
    -Nick
    06-20-12 10:07 AM
    Oh yeah I forgot one thing

type fps=60 in the "your email" text field and hit send. This will play like a 'hyper mode' I never worked it into the normal game play, but the cheat code exists.
    Last edited by SFplaybook; 06-20-12 at 02:17 PM.
    06-20-12 01:39 PM
    Hello thanks!
    I just want to point out a bug and maybe something that you can fix...
    Bug
    1.When you jump on to a hard surface upove you, you can get stuck and basically define gravity

Thing you can probably fix
    1. When your jumping from let's say a curved surface that then to a straight surface, you can maybe like do something that can help you not hit the surface all the time but get like glued to that surface. (sorry if you don't understand, I'm horrible at explaining things

P.s Number 27 in the leaderboards!!! Now where is my skateboard?
    Last edited by CptArm3D; 06-20-12 at 01:56 PM.
    06-20-12 01:44 PM
    OH no! sorry, do not apply that cheat code "boat***" for unlocking levels! I just realized I had not updated the save feature in version 1.0.23, so it works, but will overwrite your saved stages on the new set of levels. Sorry about that

Your scores will remain, but you end up with 1-16 open, and 17-32 locked as if you had not played them.
    I just deleted that cheat code from my last post.
    [edit] ok if you have done this, just cheat again (boat5), start level 32, then exit and it will save all open levels again

Yeah I am aware of that gravity defying bug, to be honest, I kind of wanted to see if anyone would notice it.

What do you mean glued to the surface? like so the guy doesn't launch off the surface but always hugs it unless you jump?
    Last edited by SFplaybook; 06-20-12 at 02:36 PM.
    06-20-12 02:26 PM
    New ideas*
    1.Next map Pack, Summer, with speed boats and, for glides you can make it woodboards like if in a park.
    2.Endless mode where u can just continue to the next levels without even noticing, u don't really have to do any editing just make it seem attached to each other.
    3.Practice mode-Great with the new map pack (if ever added) because it'll just be a series of obstacles and tricks.
    4.Local player, or if you can with the new leaderboard system, multiplayer that basically uses the endless mode to see how much points and how fast the person beats the game.

Bug fix- When you go to the end of the level but then die you have to restart everything all over again... It's really annoying

P.s Number 1 in the leaderboards!!!!
    06-23-12 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD