Introducing Quest! A visual text-adventure for the BlackBerry PlayBook.

What is a "Visual Text Adventure?"
    I am attempting to bring new life to the genre. There will be images/artwork depicting scenes/cutscenes. You will not have to type anything. Everything will be given to you via touch choices.

My goal is to make an immersive adventure experience. Think "Text Zedventure (xbox)" or "Fighting Fantasy" this will be a merge of the two concepts, and some fresh ideas to go along with it.

Having some mild RPG traits to it, there will be a couple features added to the game.

1. Ingame Store (More chapters, item upgrades)
    2. Multiple Chapters/Storylines. The inital game will include the first chapter. More will be added.
    3. Possibly Achivements, that would work towards a scoreloop score.

I am trying to do something unique here. I hope that can be appreciated.

I want to see what the community would like to see as far as a story them goes. Current thoughts:

• Urban (Bank Robbery, Hostage situations, etc)
    • Zombies
    • Medieval

I am open to suggestions. I would also welcome feedback on the general game idea.

thanks!
    Last edited by jtokarchuk; 08-08-12 at 12:16 PM.
    08-08-12 11:57 AM
    This looks really interesting!
    Personally I would want to see something with zombies or medieval.
    08-08-12 02:48 PM
    or zombies and medieval!

maybe a little bit of horror included with the two?
    08-08-12 03:23 PM
    Medieval with zombies! But try to keep it in the Rpg concept
    08-08-12 04:17 PM
    Urban would be a fresh approach, and medieval would be my second choice.
    We've got a lot on the zombies already but if the game is good I will throw my cents for it anyway
    08-08-12 04:36 PM
    How about a Story line that takes the lead character through the different ages in our history on this little blue marble?

Stone age (not stoned age), the Bronze age , Rennesance (sp?), Steam Or Steam punk, (with a Zombie thrown in for good measure), the Industrial Revolution, all the way up to the space age.

It would encompass all of the "creatures of each era" Stone age: I know dinosaurs weren't there at the same time, but hey, it worked in the movies. Bronze age: Dragons and witches, Rennessance: plagues and ZOMBIES, Industrial Revolution: Robots and ROBOT ZOMBIES.

you get the idea....

C
    08-09-12 09:47 AM
    How about a Story line that takes the lead character through the different ages in our history on this little blue marble?

Stone age (not stoned age), the Bronze age , Rennesance (sp?), Steam Or Steam punk, (with a Zombie thrown in for good measure), the Industrial Revolution, all the way up to the space age.

It would encompass all of the "creatures of each era" Stone age: I know dinosaurs weren't there at the same time, but hey, it worked in the movies. Bronze age: Dragons and witches, Rennessance: plagues and ZOMBIES, Industrial Revolution: Robots and ROBOT ZOMBIES.

you get the idea....

C
    I ...... love it.

especially....

ROBOT ZOMBIES!

Brilliant!
    08-09-12 12:08 PM
    This is a great idea I've been looking for another text adventure game ever since i finished "The forgotten nightmare". As for the type of game i would like it to be zombies, urban or post-apocalyptic, i don't really like medieval.
    08-09-12 12:12 PM
    Have you made any progress on this project ? Have been playing old adventure games and I remembered this thread.
    10-07-12 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD