check out the new game free from Gameloft

GT Racing Motor Academy HD
    CDM76, 404error and sagec like this.
    03-20-12 07:09 PM
    looks a good game to play to pass the time thanks sushistew
    03-20-12 07:16 PM
    cool. everyone says it crashes, though.
    thanks for the heads up. i'll still download it.
    03-20-12 07:17 PM
    I'll give this a try.
    03-20-12 09:02 PM
    Mine works fine. They fixed it up later in the day. It wasn't downloading properly earlier today.
    03-20-12 09:18 PM
    Arcade mode crashes (well just closes the app...a crash I guess!), but, it is free. I would imagine an update or two can make this a great free title. Or maybe they'll charge for it at that point Either way, got my free copy!
    03-20-12 09:22 PM
    I've read that this game has in-game purchases.
    Can anyone elaborate on this?
    03-20-12 09:22 PM
    I've read that this game has in-game purchases.
    Can anyone elaborate on this?
    havent seen any yet.. but ive only played for 15 minutes
    03-20-12 09:23 PM
    I clicked on it from my pb and it said device is not supported. Am I missing something?
    03-20-12 09:45 PM
    I'm pretty sure the in-game purchases are the options to purchase more game money and experience.

It has crashed on me about 6 times, I've had it for about 15 minutes -.- working for others?
    03-20-12 09:54 PM
    Put in about 18 minutes and I am loving it so far, it's crashed on me a few times but hopefully they will fix the problems. It's like the 380mb and def worth checking out, let's hope gameloft decides to get us some more great games that ipads and droid pads get.
    03-20-12 11:14 PM
    Have anyone noticed the little plus sign on the top right corner of the App icon? It may be nothing but on iOS Apps that work on both the iPad and the iPhone have a similar plus sign. Maybe this is a sign of how things will look when BB10 launches! ... Then again, maybe not.
    03-21-12 12:45 AM
    This game is impressive to say the least. Graphics, gameplay, details, and the different options available.

The app crashed once using arcade mode, but playing career over 30 minutes and not an issue.

One thing I noticed though the gas/brake pedals don't always respond properly. I would have to lift my finger off and hammer it again for it to accelerate/decelerate

Either way, thank you RIM and Gameloft.
    03-21-12 03:00 AM
    Nice game, again from Gameloft of course....

I had a crash in the menu, but went back and could play for an hour without further issues.
    Then again, I guess we'll have an update soon, so it's a no brainer.
    03-21-12 03:50 AM
    Hmm, it keeps crashing on the car choosing menu but I'll keep trying. Can't wait to race with my pink Toyota Corolla!!!
    03-21-12 06:29 AM
    I clicked on it from my pb and it said device is not supported. Am I missing something?
    I got that too. I just searches for it and it came up.
    03-21-12 08:25 AM
    I was waiting for this game to come, was my favourite racing game on iPad! (I prefer track driving instead of the street racing type games.) They didn't have in-app purchases on the iPad version, which I paid $0.99 for. But hey, it's free here, and you don't have to buy anything if you don't want to "cheat" your way through the game, so I'm good.
    So far no crashes for me, but I tend to close everything else whenever I launch one of the more graphic intensive games, so could be a memory thing.
    03-21-12 09:00 AM
    Asphalt 6 is by far better than this; the quality of the graphics, controls, the interface, just about everything. I'll stick with that.
    03-21-12 10:15 AM
    Played this game for about 45 minutes yesterday. Pretty good for free. Crashed a couple of times but I expect that to be fixed in one of their updates. 390 MB update, but whatever.

Keep em coming!!!
    03-21-12 10:21 AM
    Asphalt 6 is by far better than this; the quality of the graphics, controls, the interface, just about everything. I'll stick with that.
    I personally agree that A6 is the better game, but I do appreciate the variety and the fact that it's a free game. Hopefully they will fix the bugs soon. Thanks Game Loft & RIM.
    03-21-12 02:51 PM
    Nah, there's just no challenge in getting money to buy new cars, every time you do a takedown the angle changes and you swerve, sometimes going into a wall and crashing, and when you tap brake to drift the brake pedal gets stuck and your drift gets killed.

And you're nuts if you think Asphalt 6 has good graphics, it's a step down from Asphalt 5. They pretty much just phoned 6 in.
    03-21-12 07:18 PM
    I like it, is a whole different games to asphalt. Reminds me of gran turismo of old on playstation with obtaining licenses etc. Look forward to some updates as mine is crashing very frequently.

Also has anyone tried to buy a car and ended up with something completely different? I can't remember what it was now (don't have tablet to hand) i bought but the shop showed a car and i bought it and ended up with a 4x4 truck. wtf?
    masqueofhastur likes this.
    03-22-12 05:59 AM
    The pointless arguing has been removed!
    03-22-12 08:08 AM
    I like it, is a whole different games to asphalt. Reminds me of gran turismo of old on playstation with obtaining licenses etc. Look forward to some updates as mine is crashing very frequently.

Also has anyone tried to buy a car and ended up with something completely different? I can't remember what it was now (don't have tablet to hand) i bought but the shop showed a car and i bought it and ended up with a 4x4 truck. wtf?
    LOL, the old bait and switch. You sir, got swindled by a used car dealer hahaha just kidding. It sucks the game is so buggy, but it has the potential to be quite good.
    03-22-12 08:11 AM
    I downloaded it. But I also have asphalt 6 and need for speed so it's nothing major for me but I'm glad more options are becoming available definitely a great sign. The important question is that is this game ported over by BB Apps like the others? Or did Gameloft finally decided to officially support us? I know a moderator claimed they will start porting more games over and officially support the PlayBook however I still don't see a section or any officially documentation on their site that states they are officially supporting us instead of RIM having to license their games and have BB Apps port it over.
    03-22-12 08:12 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD