12-21-11 10:46 PM
29 12
tools
    FACEBOOK FOR BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE
    ADDITIONAL TERMS

Research In Motion Limited or one of its affiliates ("RIM") is pleased to make available to you individually, or if you are authorized to acquire the Client Software (as defined below) on behalf of your company or another entity, then the entity for whose benefit you act (in either case, "You"), at no charge the Facebook for BlackBerry software (the "Client Software") which facilitates Your use of certain Handheld Products to access and use the social networking service offered by Facebook Inc. ("Facebook") (the Accessed Service). RIM is pleased to make the Client Software available to You but can only do so with Your clear understanding, acknowledgement and agreement that the Accessed Service is a Third Party Service and/or provides access to Third Party Content provided by Facebook and/or other third parties, none of which are under RIMs control. You should take care to ensure You know who You are dealing with, and that You know the terms and conditions of all applicable agreements, including, without limitation, payment terms, privacy terms, privacy settings and security features to protect Your private information and to ensure Your personal safety. In order to use the Client Software on your Handheld Product to access and use the Accessed Service; (a) You must have a current, active account for the Accessed Service, which account will be governed by the terms and conditions You agree to in relation to the Accessed Service; (b) Your Airtime Service Provider must permit You to access the Accessed Service through Your Handheld Product; and (c) the Client Software must be designed to operate on Your specific version of BlackBerry Handheld Software on Your Handheld Product.

The Client Software is BlackBerry Handheld Software as that term is defined under the current version of RIM's BlackBerry Solution License Agreement (formerly known as the BlackBerry Software License Agreement) ("BBSLA") for Your jurisdiction and is licensed to You by RIM under the BBSLA, as supplemented by the additional terms set forth below (Additional Terms). If You have already agreed to the terms and conditions of the BBSLA in relation to Your use of Your BlackBerry Solution (as defined in the BBSLA), then BY CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW, YOU ARE ACKNOWLEDGING THAT THOSE SAME TERMS AND CONDITIONS, TOGETHER WITH THE ADDITIONAL TERMS, AUTOMATICALLY APPLY TO YOUR USE OF THE CLIENT SOFTWARE. IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY AGREED TO THE BBSLA, BY CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE BBSLA AND THE ADDITIONAL TERMS IN RELATION TO YOUR USE OF THE CLIENT SOFTWARE AND, TO ENSURE CONSISTENT TERMS APPLY TO ALL THE SOFTWARE THAT FORMS PART OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION, YOU ARE ALSO AGREEING THAT, AS OF THE DATE OF YOUR CLICKING "I AGREE" WHERE PROVIDED BELOW, THE BBSLA APPLIES TO ALL OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR BLACKBERRY SOLUTION AND REPLACES AND SUPERSEDES THE PREVIOUSLY EXISTING BLACKBERRY SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENTS, TO THE EXTENT SUCH AGREEMENTS ARE OTHERWISE APPLICABLE.

IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CURRENT BBSLA READILY AVAILABLE, IT CAN BE FOUND AT BlackBerry - BlackBerry | BlackBerry.com Legal Notices from Research in Motion (RIM) OR BY CONTACTING RIM AT LEGALINFO@RIM.COM.

ADDITIONAL TERMS

You also acknowledge and agree that:

The Consent to Collection of Information provisions of the BBSLA, including RIMs privacy policy referenced therein which may also be accessed at BlackBerry - BlackBerry.com Privacy Policy from Research In Motion (RIM) or requested by emailing legalinfo@rim.com (the Privacy Policy), apply to any collections, use, or disclosures of personal information by RIM through Your use of the Client Software. If You are a resident of the European Economic Area, You consent that personal information collected by RIM may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area for processing by RIM or third party service providers on servers operated by or on behalf of RIM or its affiliates in Canada, the United States or other countries where there are facilities operated by or on behalf of RIM and its affiliated companies and service providers.
    Your use of the Client Software may require the collection and storage of an authentication token or credentials to facilitate Your access to Your Accessed Service account. When You use the Accessed Service, personal information from Your device may be accessed by Third Party Services such as Facebook and may be communicated to other Third Party Services outside of RIMs control or responsibility. For example, enabling Contacts list sync features may periodically send copies of Your on-device Contacts to Facebook for features that may be offered through Your Accessed Service.* Profile pictures and information about You and Your Facebook Friends may also be periodically sent from Facebook to Your on-device Contact list and Calendar, and You acknowledge that access to this data (e.g. by applications) will no longer be subject to Your and Your Facebook Friends privacy settings once stored on Your device.
    I am not a lawyer. This is my layman's reading of the legalese:

ADDITIONAL TERMS

RIM is providing to you free software to access Facebook on your handheld device. RIM wants you to be aware that they, RIM, have no control over Facebook and what Facebook does with your data. You should be aware of terms and conditions of Facebook.

By clicking "I Agree" you are acknowledging that RIM is only making client software for you to access a third party service.

ADDITIONAL TERMS

Your use of Facebook may require RIM to ask you for your login and password to get into Facebook and that information may need to be transmitted over RIM's servers. If you allow Facebook to access your handheld device's Contacts, for example, that information will be sent to Facebook. If you download information from Facebook onto your handheld device, then that data may be accessed by other programs on your handheld device, in which case the privacy policies from RIM no longer apply, i.e. They have no control over what you do with the data.
    batboris likes this.
    12-21-11 01:27 PM
    1.Research In Motion Limited or one of its affiliates ("RIM")...or one of its affiliates? Who is the affiliates and why now is this being implemented? Why would I screw myself now to these F'd up terms. A regular browser doesn't do this crap.

Why is RIM being so shady?!

2. ADDITIONAL TERMS...what are the additional terms? That it applies to any collections, use, or disclosures of personal information by RIM through Your use of the Client Software. Why is RIM OR one of its affiliates now want this information?

Simply said, the additional terms are clearly giving RIM and/or its affiliate who is not disclosed, plus FB and their 3rd party affiliates access to your data, pictures, and your PB may be accessed, and may be communicated to other Third Party Services outside of RIM’s control or responsibility. Seriously?

I know I am making this out to be a huge thing b/c I feel it is b/c read what your agreeing to by using this App now all of a sudden vs. using the browser. What's next, because I use the PB in my home I agree to let you, your affiliates and third parties to access my homes content. Why don't I just bend over and let you abuse me?

This is a painful decision but I am all but ready to relieve all my BB products and get off this ride. I so like RIM but they just keep finding new ways to **** people off. I so dont like getting vocal and remain quiet but enough is enough already.

Can I revert back to 1.8 anyone know? I am not agreeing to these invasion tactions. If not, does anyone want to buy my playbook? I'm fed up and disgusted b/c I so love RIM and my disappointment comes a place from love.
    I think you're over reacting. It's just protection to keep some ***** who gets duped out of money because they click an ad without reading or get scammed from suing RIM instead of learning to not be stupid.

Selling your devices over a T&C is overkill at best. If you did that over every T&C you'd have nothing.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by reeneebob; 12-21-11 at 01:38 PM.
    12-21-11 01:35 PM
    Ricardo_N I am going to guess that somehow in you forgot or did not care that you clicked a TOS (Terms of Service) agreement with Facebook and have done so with every major update. Rims is nothing to worry about, how about you review the Facebook TOS you agreed to so you can Facebook via the browser. You can find all 30ish pages here. When that is done why not google Facebook and read all of the conspiracy theory about their TOS, **** you can even join the Facebook group against it here. . I really think you are blowing steam up Rim's A** for nothing but to make a lot of hot air. Rim's TOS is no different then any other device and adheres to Facebook's TOS.

Edit: When you read the Facebook TOS, pay special attention to section 9: Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites as this outlines why RIM as a Dev of the playbook app must provide a TOS in agreement with Facebook's TOS.
    Last edited by pinkert11; 12-21-11 at 01:48 PM.
    12-21-11 01:44 PM
    I am not a lawyer. This is my layman's reading of the legalese:

ADDITIONAL TERMS

RIM is providing to you free software to access Facebook on your handheld device. RIM wants you to be aware that they, RIM, have no control over Facebook and what Facebook does with your data. You should be aware of terms and conditions of Facebook.

By clicking "I Agree" you are acknowledging that RIM is only making client software for you to access a third party service.

ADDITIONAL TERMS

Your use of Facebook may require RIM to ask you for your login and password to get into Facebook and that information may need to be transmitted over RIM's servers. If you allow Facebook to access your handheld device's Contacts, for example, that information will be sent to Facebook. If you download information from Facebook onto your handheld device, then that data may be accessed by other programs on your handheld device, in which case the privacy policies from RIM no longer apply, i.e. They have no control over what you do with the data.
    This is what I was trying to say from the begining.
    *THUMBS UP*
    12-21-11 10:46 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD