I just got a new survey from BB Opinions in my email...this one is asking specifically about tablets and office productivity software, specifically MS Office. Here are some of the questions that were asked that I copied and pasted:

Rank the following features in a tablet from "very important", "somewhat important", "not very important", "not at all important":
    1.Can connect to 3G or 4G cellular network
    2.Allows you to take high definition video
    3.Has a wide selection of apps or programs preinstalled
    4.Has an app store to download new apps or programs from
    5.Has Flash support so that all websites display properly
    6.Includes a front facing camera
    7.Has the ability to multitask or run multiple applications at onece
    8.Includes a rear facing camera
    9.Has native email capabilities
    10.Has a long battery life
    11.Can run Microsoft Office suite of programs, such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint

Next question then asked to rank the top 3 to you personally (Of course I put native email as my #1).

The next questions asks about MS Office and lists the Office programs and asks which ones you currently use regularly. Then the survey asks how interested would you be in having the MS Office Suite on the tablet and specifically which Office programs.

The next question asked specifically "Would you prefer that your tablet computer have a native email application developed specifically for the tablet, or would you prefer to use a Microsoft Outlook email app on your tablet computer?" with the answer selection being either native email application, MS Outlook app or no preference.

Then the survey asks "There are a number of different ways the MS Office Suite of programs could be installed on a tablet computer. For example:
    �It could come pre-installed on the device with a free trial. After a certain number of days, you would need to pay a one-time fee to continue using the programs after your trial period ended.
    �It could come pre-installed on the device with the cost of the software added on to the purchase price of the tablet computer. For example, a 16GB tablet computer with the MS Office Suite of programs would be more expensive than a 16GB tablet computer without the MS Office Suite of programs.
    �It could be available at the tablet computer�s app store. You could download a free trial from the app store and then pay a one-time fee to continue using the programs after your trial period ended.
    �It could be available in the app store. You could download it from the app store by paying a one-time fee. There would be no trial period.
    Which would you most prefer?
    Please select one response only:

Having MS Office Suite pre-installed on the device with a free trial. After a certain number of days, you would need to pay a one-time fee to continue using the programs after your trial period ended.

Having MS Office Suite pre-installed on the device with the cost of the software added on to the purchase price of the tablet computer. For example, a 16GB tablet computer with the MS Office Suite of programs would be more expensive than a 16GB tablet computer without the MS Office Suite of programs.

Having MS Office Suite be available at the tablet computer�s app store. You could download a free trial from the app store and then pay a one-time fee to continue using the programs after your trial period ended.

Having MS Office Suite be available at the tablet computer�s app store. You could download it from the app store by paying a one-time fee. There would be no trial period.

None of the above"

Then came "Recently you may have heard a lot about �cloud computing�. How would you describe cloud computing?" with a text box for you to describe what you think cloud computing is.

Then "How interested would you be in having the ability to save and retrieve your MS Office documents on a tablet computer with a cloud service?" with the usual very, somewhat, not very important response selection boxes.

Then "How familiar are you with MS Office Web Apps?" with the usual very, somewhat, not very familiar response selection boxes.

Then " How interested would you be in having the ability to access Microsoft Office Web Apps on a tablet computer?" with the usual very, somewhat, not very interested response selection boxes.

Then finally "Would you prefer to have access to Microsoft Office Web Apps (through the tablet�s Internet browser) or would you prefer to use MS Office apps that are installed on your tablet computer?
    Please select one response only.

Strong preference for Office Web Apps

Slight preference for Office Web Apps

No preference

Slight preference for Office apps installed directly on the tablet computer

Strong preference for Office apps installed directly on the tablet computer"

To me, this was an interesting survey. Looks like RIM has got something cooking up regarding MS Office or Office 365 perhaps?
    07-14-11 04:30 AM
    Nice
    a outlook client on playbook would be a dream come true
    07-14-11 04:35 AM
    i'd pay for MS office
    outlook would be tits, but it's not really that important since the bb syncs with all my outlook data anyway, so i'm sure the PB would as well.
    07-14-11 05:11 AM
    I just got a new survey from BB Opinions in my email...this one is asking specifically about tablets and office productivity software, specifically MS Office.

To me, this was an interesting survey. Looks like RIM has got something cooking up regarding MS Office or Office 365 perhaps?
    RIM buys DataViz which produces/produced office suite applications compatible with Microsoft Office but now you think they might be considering a port of the full Microsoft Office suite to the BlackBerry PlayBook or perhaps web browser-capable support for Microsoft Office 365? Enterprise customers are not going to jump on-board with MSO365 if they value security of their data. Imagine military intelligence being sold/rented/accessed to/by foreign governments... RIM needs to kick its addiction to Microsoft and get their collective lips off Ballmer's genitalia.
    07-14-11 05:52 AM
    RIM buys DataViz which produces/produced office suite applications compatible with Microsoft Office but now you think they might be considering a port of the full Microsoft Office suite to the BlackBerry PlayBook or perhaps web browser-capable support for Microsoft Office 365? Enterprise customers are not going to jump on-board with MSO365 if they value security of their data. Imagine military intelligence being sold/rented/accessed to/by foreign governments... RIM needs to kick its addiction to Microsoft and get their collective lips off Ballmer's genitalia.
    MS office is the corporate standard. having an MS office app would be quite popular, i think.
    07-14-11 06:08 AM
    i would pay some good money for a MS office suite on android or tablet OS
    07-14-11 06:11 AM
    Well unfortunately if they are doing surveys then it means they likely haven't started it, but coming out with MS office, even though I detest M$, would truly be a game changer for Playbook. Outlook on the tablet with tje security of BES would leave iPad and Android in the dust as a business e-mail, or consumer e-mail device. Hopefully RIM is working on this with M$. Also ms communicator tie in would be cool.
    07-14-11 06:56 AM
    I hope this doesn't mean they are not working on sheets to go at all. At present it is barely usable.
    07-14-11 07:40 AM
    I hope this doesn't mean they are not working on sheets to go at all. At present it is barely usable.
    This particular survey does not mean they are NOT WORKING ON IT. They are just not working on it! Sheets is an embarrassment. (my first whine of the morning!)
    07-14-11 09:00 AM
    i think an alternative strategy will be to upgrade the 'xxx-to-go' apps and PB OS updated to connect to a cloud network to access and maintain MS Office documents on the go.

the outlook capability will probably continue to reside with BES rather than BIS
    07-14-11 09:28 AM
    I would love to have a true version of Office on a tablet. Actually, I'd love to receive surveys asking me these types of questions. How does one go about doing so?
    07-14-11 09:36 AM
    if they want to stand on the claimed that playbook is "world's first professional-grade tablet" then MS office is a must...
    07-14-11 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD