Hi again CrackBerrians!

After creating http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...tebook-792203/, I really wanted to try my hand at making a Twitter client that worked for me and the way I generally use Twitter. So I created Willow, a Twitter client for the PlayBook. I'm hoping many of you will find it useful as well.

The official description:
    Willow is a full-featured yet easy to use Twitter client for the BlackBerry� PlayBook™:

- Multiple Accounts
    - Auto Refresh option
    - Manage Lists
    - Manage Searches
    - Manage your Followers, Following and Blocked users
    - Manage your profile (name, description and location)
    - View Trends
    - Multiple views including Home, Messages, Mentions, Sent, Favorites, List, User and Search

Most options are available by simply tapping on a tweet, such as adding the user to the last used List, following or unfollowing, marking as a Favorite, etc.

Known limitations to be addressed in future releases:

- Tweeting pictures not yet implemented
    - Viewing another user's followers limited to 20 users
    - Viewing who another user is following limited to 100 users
    - Viewing your own followers limited to 20 users

If you're OK wih those limitations, please give it a try and let me (and others) know what you think!
    You can find it here: BlackBerry World - Willow
    Price: $1.99
    Attached Thumbnails New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-3.jpg  
    dpaulbelcher and GSM-S like this.
    04-15-13 08:38 AM
    Nice. Any chance you'd make one for BB10?

PS: I added the price to the post.
    04-15-13 09:33 AM
    Nice. Any chance you'd make one for BB10?.
    I'm hoping to. It's written with Webworks/BBui, so it'd be relatively easy to move over. The catch is I don't have a Z10 yet Hopefully people will like Willow, and that will help fund a shiny new Z10 to develop with
    04-15-13 09:45 AM
    Very nice app ! Especially the UI !
    04-15-13 09:59 AM
    Very nice app ! Especially the UI !
    Thank you! Consider giving Tim Neil @brcewane a Thank You! encouragement shout for all the hard work he and his team are putting into the BBUI framework (which lets Webworks developers give apps that BB10 looks & feel).
    04-15-13 10:11 AM
    Per user request, version 1.0.9 (submitted for approval) will show embedded photos as previews within Tweets:
    Attached Thumbnails New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-img_00000016.jpg  
    Richard Kapp and BB_Bmore like this.
    04-15-13 06:53 PM
    When will we be able to add photos to tweets? I love the client its a lot faster than any other twitter client I've used on the PlayBook but I upload a lot of photos to twitter and that's my only real gripe. Everything else is fantastic.
    dpaulbelcher likes this.
    04-16-13 01:53 PM
    When will we be able to add photos to tweets? I love the client its a lot faster than any other twitter client I've used on the PlayBook but I upload a lot of photos to twitter and that's my only real gripe. Everything else is fantastic.
    Glad you like! I'm working on the pictures uploading now. I can't give you an honest ETA, as I haven't quite figured it out yet... but I am working on it
    04-16-13 02:16 PM
    A recent review mentioned, "You get an error if you use Autorefresh..."

I just wanted to mention that Twitter "rate limits" the number of refreshes someone can do over a period of time. The autorefresh function should work well when used alone, but it adds into that total... making it easier to go over the limit when combined with multiple manual refreshes. Simply letting it sit idle for awhile will reset the limit.
    04-22-13 11:14 PM
    Moved my original post to the SiteBook thread where it belonged.
    Last edited by bob_tn; 05-28-13 at 11:50 AM.
    05-28-13 08:31 AM
    Sorry. I meant to post the above in your SiteBook thread and mixed up. Will try and move it.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:33 AM
    Release 1.1.27 submitted for approval

This release brings the PlayBook version of Willow up to date with the BB10 version, and even adds a few features. The PlayBook and BB10 code is now integrated, so future releases will generally be nearly simultaneous. Some of the new things you'll notice below:

* Retweets option to show all retweets of the selected tweet
    * Item count in the titlebar, showing the number of tweets (or users for follower/following lists) showing in the list (can be turned off in options)
    * Retweet count showing next to the username (can be turned off in options)

There's also a Retweeted View to show your tweets which others have retweeted. Combined with the Retweets option, you can then see who retweeted your tweets.

New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-retweets2-50.png
    dpaulbelcher and BB_Bmore like this.
    06-07-13 06:27 PM
    Nice one! Thanks!

[QUOTE=kmsoft;8614691]Release 1.1.27 submitted for approval

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-13 08:10 PM
    Twitter changed their API today, which broke the ability to post tweets from Willow.

My sincere apologies for missing that one. I'll submit a fix to BlackBerry for approval tonight. Everything else should work fine, it's just a problem with posting tweets.
    06-11-13 06:21 PM
    Twitter changed their API today, which broke the ability to post tweets from Willow.

My sincere apologies for missing that one. I'll submit a fix to BlackBerry for approval tonight. Everything else should work fine, it's just a problem with posting tweets.
    A fix (version 1.1.30) for the tweeting error was submitted to BlackBerry for approval.
    06-11-13 07:35 PM
    Version 1.1.30, fixing the tweeting issue, is now available for download from BlackBerry World. All should be well again
    06-13-13 06:17 AM
    Version 1.1.32 submitted for approval. Basically brings the PlayBook in line with the BB10 version mentioned in http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ml#post8695606

The ability to tweet images being the most noteworthy change:
    New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-rainbow40.png

And for what it's worth (considering the rather depressing PB news today), it should be noted that I'll always be upgrading the PlayBook version of Willow alongside the BB10 version. It won't be left behind
    06-28-13 07:34 PM
    And for your support I will be glad to purchase your app and let other PB owners know too!

Thanks!!

Version 1.1.32 submitted for approval. Basically brings the PlayBook in line with the BB10 version mentioned in http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...ml#post8695606

The ability to tweet images being the most noteworthy change:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rainbow40.png 
Views:	504 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	177058

And for what it's worth (considering the rather depressing PB news today), it should be noted that I'll always be upgrading the PlayBook version of Willow alongside the BB10 version. It won't be left behind

Posted via CB10
    07-02-13 06:47 AM
    Version 1.1.34 submitted for approval. Favoriting, Replies, Retweets, etc. should return you to the tweet last clicked on.

Fixed the All Conversations and Our Conversations buttons in the Following/Followers views which weren't always working properly.

The Bottom button in Following/Followers/Blocked now jumps instantly to the bottom, rather than visibly scrolling. Much quicker
    New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-bottom.png
    gustavoorochi and nealjane like this.
    07-05-13 08:27 PM
    Thanks kmsoft I'm loving this application, it's fast and even gives us a little bb10 styling...What's next on the cards?? Any new apps on the way??
    08-07-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks kmsoft I'm loving this application, it's fast and even gives us a little bb10 styling...What's next on the cards?? Any new apps on the way??
    Great to hear, glad you like! I don't get credit for the BB10 styling though, that comes from all the hard work Tim Neil (@brcewane) and his people did/do with the bbUI framework for WebWorks. They take care of the interface, which lets developers focus on the app itself

New apps... well, one thing I keep trying to get back to is updating SiteBook for both BB10 and the PB. I have a (new) working version, I just can't quite seem to find the time to polish it up and submit it. But it's coming. And I'd like to keep developing it (or splitting another app off from it) into a To Do list or Personal Info Manager type of app, which it already kinda is.

I'd also love to make my own BeBuzz/Hub++ type of app, as I'm sorta OCD about notifications lol... but WebWorks can't get at the required info. Maybe I'll try learning Cascades on BB10 though.

Love to do a weather app, as even as a child I've been fascinated by the weather. But there are so many already, I need to think of something cute and different

And maybe a GPS, Family Tracker kinda app. I can't seem to find one for BlackBerry, and it's something I rely on with my Android.

Any app suggestions?
    08-08-13 10:44 AM
    Version 1.1.39 submitted for approval, though mostly just a cleanup of the code compatability between the BB10 and PlayBook versions, and added the changes from BB10:

Just a quick Willow note: a minor update 1.1.38 is coming your way. It's just a fix to the BlackBerry fix for the webkit image bug in 10.0 and 10.1 that's no longer a bug in 10.2.

Whew. Makes perfect sense, right?

Bottom line in less geeky terms: Willow is ready for BB 10.2
    Long live/love the PlayBook!
    nealjane likes this.
    08-17-13 12:31 PM
    I note A new willow update today 1.1.42 not sure of what's changed in this version. update very much app appreciated Kate!!
    09-17-13 03:36 PM
    I note A new willow update today 1.1.42 not sure of what's changed in this version. update very much app appreciated Kate!!
    Hi there! Pretty much just brought the Z10 changes to the PlayBook:

Minor update version 1.1.40 submitted, should be available soon. I added a show This Conversion option to tweets to help narrow down what you see as a conversation. So now you can see either:

This Conversation: All @replies between the tweet author and the user replied to
    Our Conversations: All @replies between you and the tweet author
    User Conversations: All @replies to/from the tweet author
    I have another revision almost ready to go too, adding options for having a Refresh fetch 100 tweets (instead of 50), as well as a "reverse sort" option in timelines (oldest tweets on top). And a fix for a sporadic bug when tweeting photos with a @reply.

And I haven't forgotten about other suggestions, such as a "Back" button, fancier interface, etc. I do add all suggestions to my todo list (SiteBook works great for this! Shameless plug, I know, I know), and keep working through it!

Oh, and I track all changes in the Help screen, waaaaay down at the bottom below everything else, if anyone wonders what's been changed. It often in geekeese, but you get the idea
    FF22 and nealjane1 like this.
    09-17-13 04:00 PM
    Submitted with 1.1.47...

Pictures shown under tweets now size themselves better to the full viewable area:

New App: Willow (Twitter client for PlayBook)-img_00000009-33.png
    nealjane1 likes this.
    11-24-13 05:42 PM
60 123