No.................
    actully it is faster than simple browser +

@op could you please add opera user agent please. I it possible to add reader mode from stock browser. by the way I left 5/5 rating

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 04:28 AM
    Finally I have new browser that let me dump simple browser +. As much as I like it nothing happened new in months and frequent crashes are just annoying.

I love that fb automatically sorts bookmarks in alphabetical order.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 05:07 AM
    report:
    For some reason using this browser I can't create google drive documents no matter which user agent I use. Anyone else has experienced this?
    03-29-13 07:21 AM
    Ordered the browser. First impression good...still getting used to the controls. I second those who asked for adblock. It would be super as i dont think any PB browser does it. I also timed the loading of my fave streams with script and flash enabled, my impression was that this browser was a couple of seconds faster...
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 07:37 AM
    Ordered the browser. First impression good...still getting used to the controls. I second those who asked for adblock. It would be super as i dont think any PB browser does it. I also timed the loading of my fave streams with script and flash enabled, my impression was that this browser was a couple of seconds faster...
    It is for sure faster than the stock browser.

CrackBerry should feature this app so more pb owners know about it.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 09:38 AM
    I just noticed that with the new update if you try to download something in this browser it redirects you to the default one to download the file, awesome! no more changing browsers manually but I hope a download manager comes in future updates too.
    03-29-13 02:37 PM
    weird I cannot log in to tumblr. it is stuck on sign in screen !?

03-29-13 05:29 PM
    Now that I think about it, I actually prefer that method for downloading files, the native browser downloads files really fast and I prefer my downloads to be in a new window, that way if I close fb the file keeps downloading also we don't know if the integration of a download manager in fb will be as fast as the native browser.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 05:46 PM
    Just bought it today, very promising but needs some work as noted above. Bookmark management and ad-blocking would be the two things I would most like to see. Please keep up the great work!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-29-13 07:35 PM
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, and support! We've made some progress on implementing some of the suggestions. Here's some of the things we have completed in our development line so far:

1. User agent: added Safari and Opera.
    2. Improvements to the URL text box.
    - After typing a URL and hitting return, hide keyboard
    - First press of the URL text box now selects all (now it can be cut and paste as well).
    - The first type gets rid of the text.
    - Added the 'x' button to clear text
    3. Added real-time auto-completion of URL addresses

A couple of questions that we'd like some feedback :-)
    - For the bookmark management, how important is nested folders. Our concern with tackling this is that it can quickly become a complex effort that in effect has us building a full fledge file management with folders and sub-folders and navigation. We want to keep it simple and useful. We wanted to get some feedback on what people are expecting on this so as to size the development effort properly.
    - User agents: we have now FireFox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safara. Are there others that are important that we should add?

Thanks!
    Richard Kapp, bitek and Creaulx like this.
    03-30-13 11:30 PM
    weird I cannot log in to tumblr. it is stuck on sign in screen !?

@bitek: Hmm... that seems strange. We use the same web rendering engine as the stock browser, so if you can login with that, you can login with Fast Browser. The only thing we can think of that might help is perhaps trying to clear the cache.
    03-30-13 11:32 PM
    Hi everyone,

Many thanks for all the feedback, suggestions, and support! We've made some progress on implementing some of the suggestions. Here's some of the things we have completed in our development line so far:

- First press of the URL text box now selects all (now it can be cut and paste as well).

- For the bookmark management, how important is nested folders. Our concern with tackling this is that it can quickly become a complex effort that in effect has us building a full fledge file management with folders and sub-folders and navigation. We want to keep it simple and useful. We wanted to get some feedback on what people are expecting on this so as to size the development effort properly.
    - User agents: we have now FireFox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safara. Are there others that are important that we should add?

Thanks!

Sounds great good job! I agree with you that you should keep the bookmarks managament simple, I personally would like the bookmarks to be like in the native browser but with the ability to rearrange them, change the name, change how you view them(thumbnails, just text etc.), change the order(by name,by date etc.) and a search function for when you have a lot. I also would like the history of the sites you have visited to be like in the native browser and not just show the most visited.
    And for the user agent question, I would like you to add google chrome as user agent.
    Richard Kapp and Creaulx like this.
    03-31-13 12:42 AM
    I like the browser, good job.
    Would be nice to have a save password feature for webpages so I can login to my web mail easier
    Creaulx and MasterOfBinary like this.
    03-31-13 06:52 AM
    @bitek: Hmm... that seems strange. We use the same web rendering engine as the stock browser, so if you can login with that, you can login with Fast Browser. The only thing we can think of that might help is perhaps trying to clear the cache.
    It is weird because I can log in to tumblr with stock browser but fast browser is stuck on main log in screen
    03-31-13 07:19 AM
    This is great app, hope to see future development on it. For those of you on the fence over trying it out, it's essentially a very easy way to turn off javascript, flash, etc... with the press of a button. I used to turn off javascript for those sites that did not need it on the pb browser, which makes it lightening quick, but it's a big pain to flip back and forth. This browser basically gives you the shortcut to do so, well worth the 99 cents.

To the developer, in answer to your question about bookmarks, I think at the very least you just need to make it like the pb implementation. So separate out the history and bookmarks so that bookmarks are on their own page, and make the icons smaller (or just text). I have quite a few favorites, and it's a bit of pain to scroll through them all.
    As for having folders and ability to re-arrange, well, it may be a pain for you to do but if you did it you would have many more buyers as this is one of the biggest complaints about the native browser. I think having just folders one level deep would suffice for most users.

My other recommendations:

- give the option to switch the location of the bar from the bottom to the top

- add a button to your bar that takes you directly to bookmarks or history, should not be a 2 step process
    Richard Kapp and Bumble2000 like this.
    04-01-13 02:50 PM
    This is great app, hope to see future development on it. For those of you on the fence over trying it out, it's essentially a very easy way to turn off javascript, flash, etc... with the press of a button. I used to turn off javascript for those sites that did not need it on the pb browser, which makes it lightening quick, but it's a big pain to flip back and forth. This browser basically gives you the shortcut to do so, well worth the 99 cents.

To the developer, in answer to your question about bookmarks, I think at the very least you just need to make it like the pb implementation. So separate out the history and bookmarks so that bookmarks are on their own page, and make the icons smaller (or just text). I have quite a few favorites, and it's a bit of pain to scroll through them all.
    As for having folders and ability to re-arrange, well, it may be a pain for you to do but if you did it you would have many more buyers as this is one of the biggest complaints about the native browser. I think having just folders one level deep would suffice for most users.

My other recommendations:

- give the option to switch the location of the bar from the bottom to the top

- add a button to your bar that takes you directly to bookmarks or history, should not be a 2 step process
    Thanks very much for your support, great suggestions, and recommending the app!. We will definitely carefully consider your feedback.

In addition to the fast mode, we feel that the active parallel tabs aspect of the app is also pretty cool: you can use a tab to play YouTube music in the background, another to browse the latest news, another to look at real-time updates of stock prices, and another to check your email. ALL of the tabs are running in parallel. Coupled with the ability to set multiple home pages that load in parallel at start-up could also be very powerful; for example, for those you track their stock portfolios via yahoo finance and monitor business news with Bloomberg and sites like BNN, just set these as startup tabs and each time you start-up you have a dashboard of your portfolio and information that influence it -- all loaded up in parallel and active.
    bitek likes this.
    04-03-13 12:06 AM
    Hi everyone,

Thanks!
    Hi everyone,

Some more progress:
    - Added Chrome user agent
    - Fixed a couple of reported bugs
    - Added Ad-Blocking abilities. The filters will block many ads, but not all. Consider this a light-weight ad-block for now in that it is not comprehensive nor exhaustive. Having said that, the filters work amazingly well on youtube (for example). On youtube, it will get rid of the side bar ads, the in-video banner ads, AND ... the ads that you have to wait 15 seconds or more to watch. With the increasing frequency of the youtube ads, we feel that this feature will really be useful for people who use youtube a lot. Combine this with Fast Browser's ability to do full screen navigation (via top bezel swipe down gesture), we think this could really improve your youtube experience (we've attached a screenshot of youtube with FB in full screen navigation.)

While we think more about how to implement other features requested, this is a good point to cut another release and test. We'll test for a couple of days and then upload this feature set to Blackberry for approval.

We'll send another note once this update is approved.

BumbleBee Computing
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Fast Browser-img_00000324.jpg  
    Last edited by Bumble2000; 04-04-13 at 12:00 AM.
    04-03-13 11:45 PM
    adblocker!! the improvements sound great, great job devs!!

Would you consider adding the ability to use gestures for browser shortcuts, themes, an option to change from desktop view to mobile view and more importantly an option in settings so that the lightning icon only disables flash and not javascript when pressed, it would be cool to have an option to disable both or just one.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-04-13 01:34 AM
    Wow, that's great news! Thanx for keeping us up-to-date on the development! The new features sound exciting!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-04-13 04:33 AM
    BTW: I second the request by Blackman91 regarding themes - I would happily create one for you.
    bitek, Creaulx and Bumble2000 like this.
    04-04-13 04:35 AM
    I am impressed with Fast Browser.

I got nothing better to do today and i decided to see how Playbook and Fast Browser stack up against my new nexus 7 (which i might or might not keep) with Chrome and Firefox Mobile. Results are actually pretty impressive imo. Fast Browser makes Chrome and Firefox run for its money. It is pretty much on par in terms of performance with both browsers. More with Firefox than Chrome. Chrome is definitively faster than Firefox Mobile. Anyways, i thought i would share this with you. This is pretty good for tablet with only dual core cpu as opposed to quad core android beast.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-04-13 01:51 PM
    Does this browser have a quick way to get to the top of a Web page with a single tap as the standard browser misses this?

It would also be good to be able to clear browsing data and history automatically when the app closes and also use a different search engine rather than Google as I use startpage so it doesn't track my usage. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    Last edited by bobo616; 04-04-13 at 03:29 PM.
    Creaulx and Bumble2000 like this.
    04-04-13 03:09 PM
    Does this browser have a quick way to get to the top of a Web page with a single tap as the standard browser misses this?

It would also be good to be able to clear browsing data and history automatically when the app closes and also use a different search engine rather than Google as I use startpage so it doesn't track my usage. Thanks.

Posted via CB10 from my great Z10
    no it does not but I do:recommend buying it. it is pretty cool actually. simple browser has been replaced with this browser on shortcut bar.

bobo616 and Bumble2000 like this.
    04-05-13 06:18 PM
    Finally found something to replace simple browser. I've used
    fast browser for a few days (ver 2.0.1) and have some observations/suggestions:

useability/features:
    1) +1 for portrait mode
    2) +1 for a "go to top" button (i guess the best place for it is rightmost on bottom bar)
    3) +1 for adblock - best would be the possibility to use adblock+ lists like easylist... and also an option to add a few user defined addresses (with basic wildcards) to block

interface:
    4) +1 for listing favourites as text and not icons - with lots of favourites it's impractical
    5) top and bottom bar take too much space (they are too thick) - the bar in simple browser is optimal in my opinion
    6) the buttons to close tabs (round with a cross) are too small (they look the same as the ones in the stock browser - people were complaining a lot about this)
    7) general opinion - the round buttons are visually appealing and make the interface look
    consistent but are not practical with the little space that is available on the playbook.
    8) the active tab should be more visually distinctive from inactive tabs (maybe use color?)

bugs:
    9) there is a problem with parsing of the contents of the address bar - when i input an ip address eg. 192.168.1.1 i get google search.

keep up the good work!
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-06-13 07:55 AM
    This looks great. Would love to see something like this for Z10!

Posted from my Z10.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    04-06-13 08:11 AM
268 12345 ...