So when is new update coming out ?

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    Knowing Blackberrys approval process, Id said in about a month............
    03-18-13 01:32 PM
    Knowing Blackberrys approval process, Id said in about a month............
    yes it takes them forever to do it. if rumors are true we should have bb10 by then
    03-19-13 02:46 PM
    - there are no privacy options, no way to clear cache, cookies, no security options, nothing. There‘s no configuration at all
    Id also like to add to that: popup blocking, (and clear history if it isn't there as well)

Not having these is a huge no-no and a deal breaker for any browser

secondly: No copy/paste for the URL? People use that all the time! If I were to buy your app, I would end up having to switch back and forth between two browsers all the time. You replied to somebody that it's cumbersome to have to go into the native browser settings to turn javascript and flash toggles on and off. It would take me even longer than that to switch back and forth between Fast Browser and the native browser to copy/paste URL's.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-22-13 10:48 AM
    another bug: some of the thumbnails of the related videos on youtube are not visible even with fast mode disabled.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-22-13 12:38 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide a quick update on some of the progress that we are making in response to all the helpful feedback that we have received. The following have been coded up in a development version of Fast Browser:
    - Privacy mode. When enabled, the colour of the tab bar will change to purple as a visual indicator
    - User agent. Identify Fast Browser as another browser (ie. Firefox, Internet explorer)
    - Ability to delete bookmark without loading page
    - Ability to delete most visited
    - Better hit area in closing of tabs
    - Improved intro screen
    - Improved default user agent
    - Ability to edit bookmarks

This hasn't been uploaded yet as we're making additional improvements and doing testing. But thought that we should provide an update as clear indication that we are listening and responding :-)
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Fast Browser-img_00000311.jpg   New app: Fast Browser-img_00000313.jpg   New app: Fast Browser-img_00000312.jpg  
    03-22-13 02:28 PM
    Id also like to add to that: popup blocking, (and clear history if it isn't there as well)

Not having these is a huge no-no and a deal breaker for any browser

secondly: No copy/paste for the URL? People use that all the time! If I were to buy your app, I would end up having to switch back and forth between two browsers all the time. You replied to somebody that it's cumbersome to have to go into the native browser settings to turn javascript and flash toggles on and off. It would take me even longer than that to switch back and forth between Fast Browser and the native browser to copy/paste URL's.
    @omniusovermind: We have just coded this into our development driver. It will definitely be in the next update.
    omniusovermind likes this.
    03-22-13 08:14 PM
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to provide a quick update on some of the progress that we are making in response to all the helpful feedback that we have received. The following have been coded up in a development version of Fast Browser:
    - Privacy mode. When enabled, the colour of the tab bar will change to purple as a visual indicator
    - User agent. Identify Fast Browser as another browser (ie. Firefox, Internet explorer)
    - Improved intro screen

This hasn't been uploaded yet as we're making additional improvements and doing testing. But thought that we should provide an update as clear indication that we are listening and responding :-)
    Some additional improvements:
    - Clear browsing history (Remove all records of pages visited)
    - Clear browsing data (removes cookies, caches, authorizations, form data and passwords)
    - Show most visited and favorites (load a most visited or favorites page in the current tab)

Oh...and we've added the ability to set multiple (up to 6!) home pages to load up as separate active tabs in parallel upon start-up. Want to see the true multi-tasking power of the PlayBook? Pick your favorite sites, add them as a start-up tab and see the PlayBook shine as it loads ALL of the pages simultaneously. Fast --- multitasking-style

There's more features to add. But we're going to finish up our testing with this feature set and upload to BlackBerry for approval in the next day or so. We'll send another note when the update is available.

BumbleBee Computing
    osbook and Richard Kapp like this.
    03-23-13 01:04 PM
    All those sound awesome! good job, glad to see there are devs who take feedback and criticism positively and keep on improving their apps not like other devs who just deliver a beta product and never bother to update it and remove low score reviews coughcoughsayitdevelopercoughcough.

btw what about portrait support for the browser, that should be easy right?
    03-24-13 12:28 AM
    Keep it up and I'm sure more people will pull the trigger, me included.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-24-13 01:47 AM
    This browser is super fast. I am amazed at how well this app is built. Keep up the good work! (y)

Sent from my Tool not the 'Toy'
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-24-13 02:30 AM
    my internet speedtest says that it's safari =) many sites say java scripts diactivated.
    03-24-13 11:11 AM
    I was interested until someone said that there was no ad blocking option. I'll stick with Simple Browser Plus for now.
    03-24-13 01:12 PM
    All those sound awesome! good job, glad to see there are devs who take feedback and criticism positively and keep on improving their apps not like other devs who just deliver a beta product and never bother to update it and remove low score reviews coughcoughsayitdevelopercoughcough.

btw what about portrait support for the browser, that should be easy right?
    have you even checked say it thread lately. there is an update on the way and another one to follow. I also feel like I wasted my money on the app but the developers themselves are good man, I feel glad I invested in them. say what you want about developers who just upload an app and forget about them but say it devs are still updating.

back to the thread subject. the app is looking awesome I'm just waiting for the update to jump the gun and replace simplebrowser plus, which is a good example of a forgoten app xD
    03-24-13 01:37 PM
    but say it devs are still updating.
    Not the playbook version, it never got updated not even once and they will charge you again for the app when bb10 arrives to the playbook
    03-24-13 05:51 PM
    Not the playbook version, it never got updated not even once and they will charge you again for the app when bb10 arrives to the playbook
    the playbook version is on hold untio bb10 arrives also posted on the thread. and no when bb10 arrives the playbook version will not be charged again I asked the developer my self and also through the thread. the phone version on the other hand will since the os is different and he said it felt like writting the app all over .

edit: I tried copying my question but since I'm doing this through the forums app I couldn't find a way. anyways here is some proof I don't mean to be rude I just felt you targeted the wrong devs, who actually just posted something about a new update.
    If you buy SayIt now for your PlayBook, you will get free upgrade when your PlayBook upgrades to BB10.
    03-24-13 06:12 PM
    Got update but it ask me to pay again is it normal?
    03-25-13 11:55 AM
    Got update but it ask me to pay again is it normal?
    update already? I don't see any update.
    03-25-13 01:22 PM
    The new update asking me to pay for it again?
    03-25-13 01:29 PM
    Ok I can see it now, got the update without problems and it didn't ask me to pay again, pretty awesome update so far. Surprised again that Blackberry didn't take that long to approve the update.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 03-25-13 at 02:00 PM.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-25-13 01:44 PM
    Ok changed location and language updated for free.
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-25-13 02:22 PM
    Ok I got the update not asking me to pay again, thank you Fast Browser Dev! Awesome
    Attached Thumbnails New app: Fast Browser-uploadfromtaptalk1364239634763.jpg   New app: Fast Browser-uploadfromtaptalk1364239669121.jpg  
    Bumble2000 likes this.
    03-25-13 02:28 PM
    Hi everyone,

As a few people have already mentioned, v2.0.1 is available (kudos to BlackBerry for the quick approval -- we were also pleasantly surprised by how quickly this was approved). As always, we do NOT charge for upgrades.

Summary of improvements:
    - Privacy mode - when enabled, the colour of the tab bar will change to purple as a visual indicator
    - User agent - identify Fast Browser as another browser (ie. Firefox, Internet explorer)
    - Improved intro screen
    - Clear browsing history -- remove all records of pages visited
    - Clear browsing data - removes cookies, caches, authorizations, form data and passwords
    - Show most visited and favorites (load a most visited or favorites page in the current tab)
    - Ability to set multiple (up to 6!) home pages to load up as separate active tabs in parallel upon start-up.

Special thanks to blackman91, richard kapp, rkennedy01, omniusovermind for their suggestions for improvements.

BumbleBee Computing
    Richard Kapp, Blackman91 and bitek like this.
    03-25-13 08:36 PM
    Wow a lot of awesome improvements in this update! the multitabs homepages is a great idea, really useful, also most of the bugs we reported were fixed, the ability to change user agent comes in handy too. Kudos to the devs! keep the good work.

Things that would make this app perfect and that I hope come in future updates: download manager, adblocker, portrait mode support, button to go the the top of a page, home page button, online pdf viewer (I hate that in the pb browser you have to download the pdf just to view it), ability to rearrange favorites and tabs.
    Last edited by Blackman91; 03-26-13 at 01:29 PM.
    Richard Kapp likes this.
    03-26-13 01:15 PM
    Love the new update, thank you very much for listening to your user base! Finally, I am using it more often now to surf the web. But I still miss some features, so I always return to the default PB browser...

So, here are some more suggestions for a future update:

- the URL field has no "x" to quickly delete a long URL. Also, I miss autocomplete. Also, the URL should update before the website is loaded and not the other way round.

- When typing a URL and hitting Return, the website shows up, but the keyboard still stays there. It should disappear after hitting Return

- Config could use some UI love (but I'm glad there is a config now!

- More user agents?

- A quicker way to reach the favorites / history (one tap)

- Organize favorites in folders

- Portrait mode

- I also second all the suggestions by Blackman91

I think this app has a lot of potential and I really hope you won't stop developing it further.
    Creaulx and Bumble2000 like this.
    03-27-13 05:32 AM
    Just bought it now.

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    03-28-13 10:08 PM
268 1234 ...