I see a streaming icon in Neutron and I know it wants a URL. But which URL? I cannot seem to find answers to:

1. What sorts of sources will this take? Are there streaming sources on the internet? Or podcast feeds? The docs assume I know something that I don't.

2. Can I stream my pc's music files or itunes folder to Neutron? I tried entering the address of my computer that ES file explorer sees, but no Neutron just said "Failed"

edit: Well I found an answer, but I will leave this posting for the next dumb newbie.

Postby LoFuS Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:15 am

Neutron player can stream your music from your PC without the need for Skifta or any other client. Go to your music library and select Sources. Then click the + at the bottom of the screen to add a source. Select Network>network view then keep going deeper through the selections until you are able to navigate the shared folders on your PC. Select the folder where you store your music files and your done.
    Last edited by jventola; 10-05-13 at 03:28 PM. Reason: found answer
    nnomad and fakiefiveforty like this.
    10-05-13 03:20 PM
    I see a streaming icon in Neutron and I know it wants a URL. But which URL? I cannot seem to find answers to:

1. What sorts of sources will this take? Are there streaming sources on the internet? Or podcast feeds? The docs assume I know something that I don't.

2. Can I stream my pc's music files or itunes folder to Neutron? I tried entering the address of my computer that ES file explorer sees, but no Neutron just said "Failed"

edit: Well I found an answer, but I will leave this posting for the next dumb newbie.

Postby LoFuS Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:15 am

Neutron player can stream your music from your PC without the need for Skifta or any other client. Go to your music library and select Sources. Then click the + at the bottom of the screen to add a source. Select Network>network view then keep going deeper through the selections until you are able to navigate the shared folders on your PC. Select the folder where you store your music files and your done.
    Thank you for updating your post for the next person who might have a similar question. That was very kind of you.
    10-06-13 05:56 PM
    Neutron does stream Internet radio. What you found is "sources" button and that can stream from a computer on the same network, and works well for me. If you hit the "streaming" button instead of the "sources" button you can set up streaming internet radio.I can't get it to work for the only internet radio station I was trying to stream so far. But If you play the station in the browser it will try to add the stream.

Here is a link to the Neutron MP forums.Neutron Forum • View topic - Cannot get URLs to play radio streams
    jtv1 likes this.
    10-06-13 09:15 PM
    Thanks OP. It took me a few attempts to get it right but finally accessed my media drive using your added bit from LoFuS. I had 3 ip strings showing up and none made any sense to me, but turned out the first one was the one, just had to be patient and wait for it to populate. Once it did...there was my LAN computers and all I wanted.
    jtv1 likes this.
    09-05-14 12:34 AM