According to this article, Netflix' growth in subscribers is slowing down. Wonder if they'll now be interested in tapping a new source of subscribers -- PlayBook/BB10 users. Time to start asking them for a PlayBook app again

Netflix shares plunge 13% on disappointing guidance - The Globe and Mail

"Netflix shares plunge 13% on disappointing guidance
    Reuters
    Published Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 4:16PM EDT
    Last updated Monday, Apr. 23, 2012 5:25PM EDT

Video rental company Netflix Inc. NFLX-Q reported a first-quarter loss that was not as steep as Wall Street feared but shares fell after disappointing guidance for subscriber additions next quarter.

Shares dropped 13.6 per cent in after-hour trading from their earlier close at $101.84 (U.S.).

Investors are concerned about the company�s guidance for subscriber additions in the second quarter, said Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter. Netflix said its net domestic streaming additions in the second quarter would be below 2010�s second quarter, though it expects the total for the year to be �about the same as in 2010.�

�They are giving a signal to the Street their growth story is over,� said Pachter, who rates Netflix a �sell.�

Netflix posted first-quarter revenue of $870-million, up 21 per cent from a year earlier. Net income fell, and the company reported an earnings loss of 8 cents per share. Analysts had expected a loss of 27 cents per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S."
    04-23-12 10:31 PM
    They know we want it. If they dont want to bring it over then let them lose more and more subscribers. Companies that dont give the consumer what they want always end up failing.
    04-23-12 10:37 PM
    Yeah I read the same story through Social Feeds on my 9900, and I thought the same thing.

Unfortunately, they seem to already have made their choice. I've written emails and voted in polls. So have hundreds or thousands of others. They know we're here and have chosen to actively ignore us.

I just want to see some kind of service with the same monthly model available on the PB. The Video Store is ridiculously over priced, and I'll never use it.
    04-24-12 12:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD