Hello All,

This is my first of probably many posts in these forums. I have recently purchased a PlayBook and waiting for its arrival.

Now, I did scour the forums as much as possible and understand there is no netflix app and simply pointing the browser to Netflix won't work as it requires sliverlight.

In doing research it looks as if a fairly major update will be coming (2.0) to PlayBook in February (I feel bad for a lot of you guys, looks like you all have been expecting it sooner than that, and I am sure I will be wanting it as well) which will include the ability to run Andriod apps.

My question is, does anyone know if the Netflix Andriod app works on the PlayBook with version 2.0? I don't mean to create "another netflix thread" and was looking in the sticked topic about 2.0 Andriod apps but could not find a clear answer, might not have been looking too hard either as that is a very long thread.

Thanks much! Owning an iPhone 4, and iPad (always been jailbroken, the only way to go with Apple stuff) I am excited to have something new to play around with.
    11-21-11 12:41 PM
    No, the Android version of the netflix app will NEVER work on the Playbook --- simply because the DRM part of the Android netflix app is run in a separate OS (not linux and not android).
    hayess164 likes this.
    11-21-11 02:50 PM
    No, the Android version of the netflix app will NEVER work on the Playbook --- simply because the DRM part of the Android netflix app is run in a separate OS (not linux and not android).
    Ok gotcha. Well thank you for the info. Regardless though it seems like a sweet tablet and I am looking forward to getting it. I was playing around with it a bit at Best Buy and cant wait for it to get here!
    11-21-11 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD