Ok all I've heard is the PB can't compare to the app eco-rich tablet systems out there because it doesn't have the two major apps Skype and Netflicks. I'm not going to talk about Skype, but I'd like to re-discuss Netflicks.

Is Netflicks, in its current state, really worth it as a make-or-break decision to getting a Playbook?

I was thinking about whether or not it would be worth it for me to sign the petition and push to get it on the PB. But I came across this article which has responses from current Netflicks users and I was extremely surprised with their evaluations:

Netflix Reviews - Is it any good?Product Reviews

When I read the comments, the immediate impression I get is Netflicks won't be around for long because it seems that many are cancelling their service, absolutely terrible customer service and new unfair terms & condition agreements, and their service is absolutely horrible from the service that they used to offer.

So I'm thinking ... is Netflicks really a major mainstream app that I would definitely miss if I purchased a tablet without it or use it as a crucial decision not to purchase that tablet... ? My thoughts are after reading that article above is ... ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!

Can anyone enlighten me (especially those that use Netflicks) to the contrary ie. other benefits that I missed in the article that the current Neflicks users did not touch on?
    05-13-12 01:34 PM
    Many threads like this...... bottom line is that is Netflix is important to you.... it makes the Playbook deficient... if it is not then it has no impact on you view of the Playbook..... These threads on Netflix and Skye boils down personal taste and nothing more.....
    05-13-12 01:47 PM
    I don't use Nexflix even on my TV, so I don't want it on my PB. Agreed you get lousy service, and not worth the monthly charges..
    There are other free apps that you can use, or you can get the Blackberry Video App, to rent or buy movies.

I also use Amazon prime on my laptop and PB. On the PB, Amazon Prime works for most movies.
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    05-13-12 01:50 PM
    I use Netflix to stream online movies and programs on my desktop I can't see paying more than $8 a month. Most people have satellite or cable or similar types of TV pumped into their house so like the end of most video rental stores Netflix may go away. There are many people who need Netflix and Skype for one reason or another if you read their posts but I don't agree. The PlayBook is a great tablet but it and it's competition are not a replacement for a super desktop. This is just my opinion of course and I know sum may disagree with me which is OK
    05-13-12 01:57 PM
    Do you use Netflix now? If not,then you aren't likely to miss it on a Playbook. If you do, you might want it. As stated above, it's all about personal preference and nothing more. There are plenty of old threads beating the topic to death if you use the search function.
    05-13-12 02:00 PM
    Do you use Netflix now? If not,then you aren't likely to miss it on a Playbook. If you do, you might want it. As stated above, it's all about personal preference and nothing more. There are plenty of old threads beating the topic to death if you use the search function.
    Yes, I've read the "must-have" articles, so I was thinking how great a service it would be to have it on the PB. Guess I was pretty shocked to learn how poor a service it actually is. I'm just asking if I've missed something here.. I guess I was just expecting more from all the talk on CB.

Skype I understand cause I've used it and I'm just a bit confused about the Netflicks argument because it doesn't sound now to me too impressive.

I get it that's it all about personal preference but after reading the article, gestures on my PB now far outweighs whether Netflicks ever becomes available for my PB.
    05-13-12 02:09 PM
    My son has Netflix and says the selection is rather poor for the price. Now gestures on the pb are awesome. I've been known to try to swipe the screens of other devices only to get frustrated when I don't get the expected result. It always takes me a second to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    05-13-12 02:20 PM
    Netflix is worth it just to shut everybody up. I personally very seldom use it so I'm not hurting but, it seems there is so much negativity over the fact, it would be nice to fill the hole so everyone can shut up about it.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-13-12 02:28 PM
    I canceled my netflix account since the selection was so boring when it came to streaming. Like another posted stated I would like to see netflix on the PB to shut people up but me personally I wouldn't care if they did or not.
    cadoll likes this.
    05-13-12 02:48 PM
    When I bought my playbook I had a 9930 and didn't know what it was like to have Netflix on a mobile device. Recently I purchased a iPhone 4s and have used Netflix with it and I must say its awesome to have the option to have Netflix anywhere you are. If I'd known how nice Netflix was on a mobile device I would never had bought a playbook.
    My playbook will be up for sale once iPad mini comes out this fall.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk®
    05-13-12 03:28 PM
    I stream films still out in the theater on my playbook.

Why would I pay for Netflix? To watch Howard the duck? Teen wolf?robo cop? Lol,sorry not my cup of tea.
    05-13-12 03:30 PM
    with most DVDs and Blu-Rays also including Digital Downloads, Is Netflix really that important?
    As far as i see it, as stated above many times, it all comes down to personal preference. look at the pros and cons and see if the pros make it worth it.
    madman0141 likes this.
    05-13-12 04:27 PM
    OP, in a word, &#$@ NO!.
    05-13-12 04:32 PM
    Basically, its like this.
    Netflix is in theory great, It is the answer to piracy, and it would improve the lives of everyone who loves movies and TV. HOWEVER... Studio's are still under the impression that what they have produced is actually valuable, and are fighting Netflix at every step. WB is leading the fight, and want Netflix to charge money per view of their items. It will be a LONG time until a service comes around that unifies all studio's under one banner at a reasonable price.
    So no, Netflix wont be around for too much longer. It doesn't offer the choice it says it does, and its being fought on all fronts. It cannot survive like this forever.
    But...
    Netflix is an absolute must on the PB, simply because everyone else has it. it doesnt matter how useful or useless something is, the underdog cannot allow something so well supported across every other platform to slip away.
    05-13-12 05:28 PM
    Since every other platform has it Blackberry should have it available too. But is it worth it to have it? In my opinion no, not at all. For me, and again it's my opinion, it's a matter of your personal taste to like Netflicks or not.
    PhilliesKP and 9of13 like this.
    05-13-12 05:39 PM
    i rarely used netflix on my android. i would rather watch netflix at home and enjoy it than on a tiny screen in public.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk
    EricB1968 likes this.
    05-13-12 06:07 PM
    My opinion is, Netflix isn't worth the subscription unless you are into old and older movies and TV shows. I'm not so Netflix is a waste to me. However, there are people who want it and like it, and for that sake, it should be available.

Hulu+, on the other hand, is a must and I would like to see it be ported to the Playbook. It's what I primarily use to watch the latest TV shows on my PC.
    05-13-12 06:21 PM
    Netflix is only a MUST HAVE app because it is an App that reviewers and sales people alike will talk about

Netflix is a well known product, it's user base is actually not that large in the grand scheme of mobile device reach, but not having access to it infuriates people who want it, and people who might in the future want it.

I find Netflix garbage, why would I pay to eat my bandwidth when I have better solutions available.
    That said i still believe Netflix is a must have app for the platform. just as Skype is
    05-13-12 06:50 PM
    For me it is a deficiency as we use netflix. I have it on my ipad which is too big and on the iphone which is too small. I would use if most nights before going to sleep. We watch it on the computer as well. It depends on your own taste.
    05-13-12 07:04 PM
    Ok all I've heard is the PB can't compare to the app eco-rich tablet systems out there because it doesn't have the two major apps Skype and Netflicks. I'm not going to talk about Skype, but I'd like to re-discuss Netflicks.

Is Netflicks, in its current state, really worth it as a make-or-break decision to getting a Playbook?

I was thinking about whether or not it would be worth it for me to sign the petition and push to get it on the PB. But I came across this article which has responses from current Netflicks users and I was extremely surprised with their evaluations:

Netflix Reviews - Is it any good?Product Reviews

When I read the comments, the immediate impression I get is Netflicks won't be around for long because it seems that many are cancelling their service, absolutely terrible customer service and new unfair terms & condition agreements, and their service is absolutely horrible from the service that they used to offer.

So I'm thinking ... is Netflicks really a major mainstream app that I would definitely miss if I purchased a tablet without it or use it as a crucial decision not to purchase that tablet... ? My thoughts are after reading that article above is ... ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!

Can anyone enlighten me (especially those that use Netflicks) to the contrary ie. other benefits that I missed in the article that the current Neflicks users did not touch on?
    Why you, and many others even bother with topics like this? The reality is netflix still the biggest shows and movies app on the mobile world, and people do care about netflix and skype in order to purchase. I don't know who you're trying to convince, but that doesn't change reality! That's why playbook sells aren't good and you still asking if those apps are deal beaker?? What more prove do you need?
    05-13-12 07:13 PM
    Why you, and many others even bother with topics like this? The reality is netflix still the biggest shows and movies app on the mobile world, and people do care about netflix and skype in order to purchase. I don't know who you're trying to convince, but that doesn't change reality! That's why playbook sells aren't good and you still asking if those apps are deal beaker?? What more prove do you need?
    Ok Tiger,

I get it.. people will use Netflicks (a garbage app I'll assume here cause no one has convinced me otherwise) as an excuse not to get the playbook. So when people I talk to about getting the PB but have second thoughts about purchasing, I should agree with them cause that's reality?!?

All I wanted to know if there was some other reason why Netflicks was considered to be so important on purchasing a tablet based on their customers poor service responses and reality is NOT a reason. Thanks for the constructive input .. I learned nothing...
    05-14-12 12:26 AM
    I personally dont want it but i would like xfinity tv(ipad) app, so i can understand why people want it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 12:44 AM
    To me NetFlix is only barely worth its price period. So no, its not a big deal for me to have on the playbook.

That said I do think RIM needs it on their platform in general. Lots of people do value it highly for whatever the reason.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9930 using Tapatalk
    05-14-12 12:57 AM
    I don't use Netflix.. It's not available in my country. And it's TV! I can't remember when was the last time I gave so much importance to it..
    05-14-12 01:49 AM
    On a tablet or phone netflix for the majority of people is next to useless. The fact that the PB doesnt have it is just used by anti-PB people in their argument that 'the PB has no apps'. I wonder how many apps the average person has on their desk-top or laptop.
    05-14-12 03:04 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD