Hello Developers,

I have got 5-10% of success on booting up Win98.img with help of DOSBOX on my Rooted BB Playbook.

Currently i am only able to boot win98 in SAFE MODE with Step By Step config saying NO to load all drivers.

Please developing guys help me running win98 in normal mode with some modification win98.img file.

Reply / suggestion/ helping hand appreciated.

Regards,
    TechBug
    01-16-12 01:24 PM
    I would post this on the dosbox topic, and possibly pm the developers there.
    01-16-12 01:34 PM
    Hello Developers,

I have got 5-10% of success on booting up Win98.img with help of DOSBOX on my Rooted BB Playbook.

Currently i am only able to boot win98 in SAFE MODE with Step By Step config saying NO to load all drivers.

Please developing guys help me running win98 in normal mode with some modification win98.img file.

Reply / suggestion/ helping hand appreciated.

Regards,
    TechBug
    There is a bigger challenge here than it appears. You would need to change out drivers most likely from safemode p. its more relable than reworking the .img. Take a shot at googling DosBox Windows 98 Drivers. Youll need a lot of patience. Once it is up and running though, expect it to go extremely slow.

Even Windows 3.11 wasnt running full speed.

ed

ed
    01-16-12 01:45 PM
    Hello,

Quick replies and interest in my Issue it is appreciable.
    Thanx a lot

if anyone can guide me about editing the win98.img file i can experiment millions of times with editing the drivers and sort out the working IMG file for win98 for playbook.
    01-17-12 01:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD